Gyokeres (5 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Sporting have reportedly tabled a package worth around £20 million for Gyokeres, with the Sky Blues still said to be holding out for around the £25 million mark for Gyokeres, who has just 12 months remaining on his contract.

Grendel

RoboCCFC90

It’s standard there - Lameries has a 50 million clause

A lot of the Spanish, Portuguese and German clubs do this, to protect their investment.

shmmeee

Are we seriously saying we can’t buy anyone until Vik goes? Not even a couple of mill as push comes to shove we could sell to Lisbon immediately?

SBT

Are we seriously saying we can’t buy anyone until Vik goes? Not even a couple of mill as push comes to shove we could sell to Lisbon immediately?
I refuse to believe that a team owned by a guy who trades oil futures for a living will work like this, but it’s Cov innit.

RoboCCFC90

But with the player having already said he wants away, there’s no point in going down that road. It would be extremely naive to think that a player will give his all if forced to stay against his will

Bloody hell. What a statement.

Vik signed a contract to be at the Club for three years, I can guess that this was not completed under duress or at gun point. If City choose to keep an asset for the remainder of their contract that's called contractual obligation.

What a lunatic.

SBT

But with the player having already said he wants away, there’s no point in going down that road. It would be extremely naive to think that a player will give his all if forced to stay against his will

Vik signed a contract to be at the Club for three years, I can guess that this was not completed under duress or at gun point. If City choose to keep an asset for the remainder of their contract that's called contractual obligation.

What a lunatic.
In fairness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Vik simply refused to report for training if he doesn’t get the move he wants this summer. His rush to go public doesn’t exactly suggest he’ll take it on the chin and stay professional.

Bertola

With the Euros at the end of the season, Vik wouldn't be able to down tools as he would risk his place in the Sweden Squad... A Good season with us (if we decided to keep him) and a decent Euro's and he will have his pick of clubs

Matt smith

With the Euros at the end of the season, Vik wouldn't be able to down tools as he would risk his place in the Sweden Squad... A Good season with us (if we decided to keep him) and a decent Euro's and he will have his pick of clubs
He has the pick of clubs already 😂

SBT

The incentive of the Euros next year just means it’s more likely that he won’t report for pre-season training at all. The biggest threat to his place in the Sweden squad is having to toil away at a second division club for another season, so he’s spouting off to any Swedish journalist in sight to force us to get this done now.

RoboCCFC90

In fairness, I wouldn’t be surprised if Vik simply refused to report for training if he doesn’t get the move he wants this summer. His rush to go public doesn’t exactly suggest he’ll take it on the chin and stay professional.

I would be more inclined to sell Vik at this point, but don't agree with the opinion of Cov Live that if we did keep Vik it would be against his will, Vik signed a contract, he should be professional enough to honour that.

For me Vik has made it clear he wants to move on, so sell him while we can get a decent fee and reinvest that money back into the club..

SBT

I would be more inclined to sell Vik at this point, but don't agree with the opinion of Cov Live that if we did keep Vik it would be against his will, Vik signed a contract, he should be professional enough to honour that.

For me Vik has made it clear he wants to move on, so sell him while we can get a decent fee and reinvest that money back into the club..
He’s not even professional enough to keep quiet about transfer rumours, he’ll gladly sack us off and go AWOL if it’s the difference between getting a move and staying here for another year.

the rumpo kid

What a lunatic.
Ask Blackburn fans how it went with brereton dais , they fuckin hate him for his lack of effort.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The incentive of the Euros next year just means it’s more likely that he won’t report for pre-season training at all. The biggest threat to his place in the Sweden squad is having to toil away at a second division club for another season, so he’s spouting off to any Swedish journalist in sight to force us to get this done now.
It makes no difference what is coming up next year IF he does not report for training or anything that breaches his contract ( I don't think he will breach his contract seems to honest a guy to me) he will have to pay the consequences .Contracts worth both way and have to be honored by the player as well as the club.

RoboCCFC90

Ask Blackburn fans how it went with brereton dais , they fuckin hate him for his lack of effort.

Blackburn were in the same position Cov are in now.

Do we keep a player who doesn't want to be here, but we know can make the difference, or do we sell?

I would be happy to sell, but I can understand the motivation to keep the player. It's clear Vik's mindset is away from the Club now, I would prefer to sell, but I'm not in charge.

Last edited:

SBT

It makes no difference what is coming up next year IF he does not report for training or anything that breaches his contract ( I don't think he will breach his contract seems to honest a guy to me) he will have to pay the consequences .Contracts worth both way and have to be honored by the player as well as the club.
The consequences won’t mean anything to him - even if we docked him a whole month’s wages, he’d make it back again in an instant after signing for another club. We’re not exactly going to call his bluff and let him walk for nothing either - it sends a terrible message to our future transfer targets, and we can’t afford it anyway. The contract means very little and he has most of the leverage here.

Torquay Sky Blue

He's earnt his move as I see it and the quicker it's done the better. Can't see the club standing in his way. We just need a bid from a prem club to get things moving.

Colin Steins Smile

Something for Vik to consider is that he's one ACL injury away from being unemployed. As it would be very difficult for a new club to offer him a good level contract when he's on a 9 month rehab period.
He needs a new contract either here or elsewhere to insure himself against that.

Sick Boy

Something for Vik to consider is that he's one ACL injury away from being unemployed. As it would be very difficult for a new club to offer him a good level contract when he's on a 9 month rehab period.
He needs a new contract either here or elsewhere to insure himself against that.
Isn’t that exactly what he’s doing?

fernandopartridge

He didn't rush to go public he was asked a very direct question by a journalist

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread