Gyokeres (6 Viewers)

1ccfc

Something for Vik to consider is that he's one ACL injury away from being unemployed. As it would be very difficult for a new club to offer him a good level contract when he's on a 9 month rehab period.
He needs a new contract either here or elsewhere to insure himself against that.
It's no differant for us. We're one ACL injury away from having a player worth £20mil+ to being pretty much worthless to us.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The consequences won’t mean anything to him - even if we docked him a whole month’s wages, he’d make it back again in an instant after signing for another club. We’re not exactly going to call his bluff and let him walk for nothing either - it sends a terrible message to our future transfer targets, and we can’t afford it anyway. The contract means very little and he has most of the leverage here.
Sorry don't agree if I was a club spending £20 mill.? I see a player ready to down tools just because "I want" IMHO I would spend it elsewhere just thinking the same might happen to me when the end of his contract come up with me.Seen players before left to rot in the stiffs because they had such a ego will admit those clubs were richer than ours have said don't think Vic is one of those.

SBT

Sorry don't agree if I was a club spending £20 mill.? I see a player ready to down tools just because "I want" IMHO I would spend it elsewhere just thinking the same might happen to me when the end of his contract come up with me.Seen players before left to rot in the stiffs because they had such a ego will admit those clubs were richer than ours have said don't think Vic is one of those.
I somehow doubt those clubs will care - do you think clubs will think twice about Harry Kane because he did the same thing last summer? They do it all the time and it usually works.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

You say Kane did the same last summer and where is he and likely to be playing his football this season according to the bookies dispite having less than 1 year on his contract to run. See the best odds are on him staying put . No one came in for him in January and as yet no one has come in for him plenty of paper talk but no one even making an offer very much the same as Vic but higher stakes as for Portugal last weekend I doubt it.I don't think City will take Sporting's bid.

shmmeee

To which 99% of players will just say “That’s all taken care of by my agent, I just want to concentrate on my football”. He knows exactly what he’s doing here, it’s very deliberate.

I just think that’s his personality. He’s blunt and moany.

GIMOC

I'm weirdly OK with it I'd rather that than undervalue him. We could always go back layer in the window to see if they were still interested.
Opinion rather than hearsay. I can see West Ham being the team with Europe again, they need more players. Everton can’t afford him.

Skybluedownunder

Are we seriously saying we can’t buy anyone until Vik goes? Not even a couple of mill as push comes to shove we could sell to Lisbon immediately?

You’d think with the money we made from playoff finals and also the premiership season ticket prices and increase overall we’ve got from the increase in season tickets we’d have money in the pot to buy someone. Fuck me it’s depressing ey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

You’d think with the money we made from playoff finals and also the premiership season ticket prices and increase overall we’ve got from the increase in season tickets we’d have money in the pot to buy someone. Fuck me it’s depressing ey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who has said we have no money ?

skyblue025

He keeps saying he wants to go. Has he handed a transfer request in yet or won't he do that because he misses out on a fat wedge of the transfer fee?

SlowerThanPlatt

With the Euros at the end of the season, Vik wouldn't be able to down tools as he would risk his place in the Sweden Squad... A Good season with us (if we decided to keep him) and a decent Euro's and he will have his pick of clubs
Sweden are hopeless, they won’t be reaching a major tournament anytime soon

Users who are viewing this thread