Gyokeres Injury (1 Viewer)

steve101

If true he isn't going to be fit for Wednesday and with Godden still suspended, Walker now looks like he will move up to number 1 in the pecking order and Tavares up to 3.

Astute

Wow looks like I am wrong 😲🥺

Hope he recovers quickly. Looks real nasty. Still doesn't look real. How could he continue to play like that? What a machine.

Astute

Fair play matey, I'll concede it does look pretty knee shaped tbf... Just attached directly to a foot 😉🦶
Strangely enough it was the laughing emoji that made me think he had been messing about with the picture more than anything else.

They used to say a picture never lies. But these days you never know.

SkyBlueSam01

As a lil update for those interested - this image shows that impact occurred on the medial (inside of the) left ankle/shin, which is where the swelling is. Ligament injuries occur on the opposite side to the impact, as this is where the joint is opened up and the ligaments of that side are over stretched.

Therefore unless there is a significant bony involvement (which wouldn't be too surprising based on the amount of swelling) from the impact its not likely to be a serious injury and I would imagine he will just be out for a week or two while the swelling subsides.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

As a lil update for those interested - this image shows that impact occurred on the medial (inside of the) left ankle/shin, which is where the swelling is. Ligament injuries occur on the opposite side to the impact, as this is where the joint is opened up and the ligaments of that side are over stretched.

Therefore unless there is a significant bony involvement from the impact its not likely to be a serious injury and I would imagine he will just be out for a week or two while the swelling subsides.
Bullshit it's clearly his forehead

Calista

Therefore unless there is a significant bony involvement (which wouldn't be too surprising based on the amount of swelling) from the impact its not likely to be a serious injury and I would imagine he will just be out for a week or two while the swelling subsides.
It's only a single blurred frame. The injury may not have been caused directly by the impact in the image, but just afterwards when he staggered awkwardly after being sent flying? Either way, a terrible challenge with the ball long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread