Gyokeres Injury (1 Viewer)

Mr Panda

This thread is ridiculous. Sent the picture of the injury to my friend who works for the NHS and he thinks it's a knee too. The pandemic and being overworked has clearly taken it's toll. Getting a third opinion

stupot07

Trying to think back to McAllister's injury where he carried on , not only rolled the ankle but did the ligaments, just carried on I think but can't remember if he was in the next match.
Think he may have been because I remember some astonishment.
Stuart Pearce broke his leg for West ham and carried on playing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

This thread is ridiculous. Sent the picture of the injury to my friend who works for the NHS and he thinks it's a knee too. The pandemic and being overworked has clearly taken it's toll. Getting a third opinion

Look at where his foot starts and then go across, and couple it with Robins saying ‘his ankle has swollen like a balloon’.

Sky Blue Harry H

Good to see Vik taking the knee to be fair.

Sbarcher

There's knee problem here Jock.

steve101

Robins will not be happy with him posting that. Everyone will know now why we are doing so well. The entire team had ops over the summer to get their knees connected to their ankles. Maybe that's why we had so many 'injuries' last season - they were doing some trials.

fatso

Didnt Dublin break his neck and carry on playing?
I Might be mistaken though.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Stuart Pearce broke his leg for West ham and carried on playing.

So did George Curtis and Dave Bennett. Cov win.

Edit - I don't think Curtis carried on playing g but was sat up onthe stretcher smiling as he was carried off - Cov still win.

Astute

Exactly. Yet many seem to think a swollen ankle swells at the front of the whole of the shin and not at the ankle area. And then he even puts a laughing emoji in. Wouldn't put it in if a serious injury.

Some people are so gullible these days 🙄 😁

SkyBlueSam01

Exactly. Yet many seem to think a swollen ankle swells at the front of the whole of the shin and not at the ankle area. And then he even puts a laughing emoji in. Wouldn't put it in if a serious injury.

Some people are so gullible these days 🙄 😁

The ankle would be swollen at the front rather than the lateral area in two scenarios:
- Traumatic contusion injury from an impact
- Disruption to the high ankle ligaments and/or syndesmosis

The second would be fairly serious hence why I started the thread asking if anyone saw the mechanism of injury. And it IS his ankle not his knee.

I will die on this hill 🏥

Astute

The ankle would be swollen at the front rather than the lateral area in two scenarios:

The second would be fairly serious hence why I started the thread asking if anyone saw the mechanism of injury. And it IS his ankle not his knee.

Right leg left foot.

Wide seem on shorts on outside. Never on inside. Pic is taken on right hand side of seat. Look at the seats opposite. It is a knee you can see. And so the swelling is only on the shin and stops before the ankle and foot.

If you're right he will be out for lots of weeks/lots of months. And he wouldn't have been able to play on.

And are you saying a player with a bad injury would put on a laughing emoji?

I suppose he will have made a miraculous recovery if he plays again soon.

Garryb80

Right leg left foot.

Wide seem on shorts on outside. Never on inside. Pic is taken on right hand side of seat. Look at the seats opposite. It is a knee you can see. And so the swelling is only on the shin and stops before the ankle and foot.

If you're right he will be out for lots of weeks/lots of months. And he wouldn't have been able to play on.

And are you saying a player with a bad injury would put on a laughing emoji?

I suppose he will have made a miraculous recovery if he plays again soon.
So if this injury is true I assume you are offering your full apology for not having a clue what you are on about?

Astute

So if this injury is true I assume you are offering your full apology for not having a clue what you are on about?
If it is a bad injury as it would be if the picture is to be believed then yes for sure. And of course not expect anything back the other way.

NorthernWisdom

I vaguely remember you owning up to being a physiotherapist in the past?

Apologies if it was another SkyBlueNAMENUMBER username(!)

stupot07

Robins confirmed his ankle had gone up like a balloon.
500e9c04475ca5c86a913c31a7e64fbe.jpg

This thread is hilarious. As if Gyokeres found a random picture of a swallon ankle and tweeted it just for jokes.

Evo1883

Robins confirmed his ankle had gone up like a balloon.
500e9c04475ca5c86a913c31a7e64fbe.jpg

This thread is hilarious. As if Gyokeres found a random picture of a swallon ankle and tweeted it just for jokes.

It's a bit sunderland fan esc tbh ..

slowpoke

We won’t know if it’s an injury serious enough to keep him out Wednesday until just before kick-off same as we did about JCS yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread