Gustavo Hamer (1 Viewer)

mark82

Not sure. He played 17 league games before the new year at Zwolle in 19/20 and 18 here (suspended 4 games) from what I can tell. Minutes played would be similar as he was a regular starter there too.

Was in a condensed period though. Season started much later this year.

Hobo

I didn’t post it. He has 3 goals in 18 appearances, you don’t need to name a player to suggest there’s someone who can perform better than him?
Someone said we could do better. He might not cost that much at all out of contract and might avoid all the normal future clauses.

mark82

I didn’t post it. He has 3 goals in 18 appearances, you don’t need to name a player to suggest there’s someone who can perform better than him?

I wouldn't pay over a million but you're buying potential rather than finished article. It's the market we're shopping in. Yes, there may be others who are better that are available, but wouldn't be upset if the club decided to bring him in permanently. Think he suffered for the lack of playing time.

stupot07

better days

Have no idea what's planned for Hamer but I suspect that whatever happens will be decided by Mark Robins

We really didn't want to lose Marc McNulty and did everything we could to keep him
After a rocky start McNulty was an ever-present and scored heaps of goals which is always going to get you noticed
But once the player made it clear he wanted to leave we did the sensible thing and got the best deal possible with the money being given to MR to reinvest

Hamer in contrast came out with all guns blazing and was being talked about in the game as a player who could possibly play at a higher level
We all know that the relentless season probably took a toll on him and after a few indifferent performances he stopped being an automatic starter
Hamer probably wasn't as important to the team as McNulty was
If there is a bidding war for him it might suit Robins & Viveash to cash in and get the best deal possible if he's allowed to reinvest the money again

It's going to be interesting

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Why are people quick to question Walsh’s injuries and experience at this level, yet are happy to ignore Jodi Jones’ ACL injuries and no real experience at this level or the one below.

I don’t want to sell Hamer, but if it led to us getting Ostigard and money in return whilst getting Walsh I would really consider it

Hobo

Hobo

Why are people quick to question Walsh’s injuries and experience at this level, yet are happy to ignore Jodi Jones’ ACL injuries and no real experience at this level or the one below.

I don’t want to sell Hamer, but if it led to us getting Ostigard and money in return whilst getting Walsh I would really consider it

Jodi jones would be cheaper than Walsh. Walsh on a free might be a good punt and back up to O'Hare... but thats what it would be a punt, he would need to reduce his wages.

Alkhen

I hope we can keep Hamer, I feel he will thrive with a crowd behind him. He was excellent when he first came in and with the weird season and move to a new country you cant blame him for a dip in form.

I'd happily take Gyo next season depending on cost. But can't really see how we could get Osti

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Jodi jones would be cheaper than Walsh. Walsh on a free might be a good punt and back up to O'Hare... but tgats what it would be a punt he would need to rexuce his wages.
What makes you think Walsh’s wages would be high, he’s never consistently played at this level and has come off a bad injury. He’s definitely going to be in our price range.

Hobo

What makes you think Walsh’s wages would be high, he’s never consistently played at this level and has come off a bad injury. He’s definitely going to be in our price range.
Walsh will be on far higher wages at Bristol City than Jodi Jones renegotiating a Lge 2 contract. Both are untested at this level.

stupot07

Walsh will be on far higher wages at Bristol City than Jodi Jones renegotiating a Lge 2 contract. Both are untested at this level.
100%, plus if we keep hamer, extend Kelly, sign James and Sheaf (which is an obligation), we don't need another cm in that mould.

According to this Walsh is on £6k pw

I doubt Jones is on much more than £2k pw if that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Who? And you dont even know what price we can get him for?

We need to be setting our sights on bringing in a first choice striker and actually improving what we offer. Gyokeres is not an improvement on Godden or Walker. Whilst he’s young, he’s not exactly a baby either and I’ve not seen anything to suggest he’s going to become a star.

Blackburn paid around £1.75m for Armstrong from Newcastle, he had played more games but only scored 7 in 56 in the champions before signing permanently. Gyorkeres is 20 and already a full Swedish international. He's going to cost us at least £1.5m as you're also paying for potential.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Respectfully, you’re fucking mental if you think Gyokeres would cost £1.5m.

SleepyGinger

What’s the need to say who? It’s not wild to suggest Gyokeres isn’t the best striker we could get
He was brought in because we needed a striker, had very limited budget and not a lot of options. Robins quickly decided he was below Biamou in the pecking order. He’s done OK towards the end of the season but I’d be suprised if he was number 1 target this summer.

mrtrench

I’m of the opinion it was partly down to James’ arrival, certainly it coincides. Doesn’t take set pieces anymore and having less touches of the ball as they take up similar positions on the pitch.

James got more minutes and set play deliveries as a result of Hamer's form dip. The fall of Hamer came first.

kg82

I wouldn’t let Hamer go. I’d like to see him next season. He was the standout player for the first half of the season this year, knows the game here now and there are other players we could improve significantly on first. Saying that, might not be up to us in the end.

rob9872

Have no idea what's planned for Hamer but I suspect that whatever happens will be decided by Mark Robins

We really didn't want to lose Marc McNulty and did everything we could to keep him
After a rocky start McNulty was an ever-present and scored heaps of goals which is always going to get you noticed
But once the player made it clear he wanted to leave we did the sensible thing and got the best deal possible with the money being given to MR to reinvest

Hamer in contrast came out with all guns blazing and was being talked about in the game as a player who could possibly play at a higher level
We all know that the relentless season probably took a toll on him and after a few indifferent performances he stopped being an automatic starter
Hamer probably wasn't as important to the team as McNulty was
If there is a bidding war for him it might suit Robins & Viveash to cash in and get the best deal possible if he's allowed to reinvest the money again

It's going to be interesting
We were never in the game to compete with MM and could only offer half of what Reading paid paid him, without the chunky signing on fee.

robbiekeane

Of course you do. You’re not allowed to pass a less than delighted opinion about someone unless you yourself are a fully qualified scout or director of football! What do you think this is, some kind of fans discussion forum????

WHO IZ BETTA THEN TELL ME

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It would depend on what we could get for him. If selling him would give us the scope to bring in 3 players, esp someone like osti, it becomes a tantalising deal. But if it only going to be enough to replace like with like I think we may as well stick with what we've got. Hopefully a rest over summer will see him back to his better form.

Langers70

The only thing Rangers are missing is a bit of steel in midfield.If he got that streak back in his game he would thrive up there.Let him go...and go for Osti and a decent keeper.

SBT

Honest question - if someone else in our division signs Gyokeres in the summer, are you nervous to go up against him next season?

skyblueinBaku

Honest question - if someone else in our division signs Gyokeres in the summer, are you nervous to go up against him next season?
I'm nervous before every game.

mark82

Argh I see thanks for that. Interesting we have looked at him though. Maybe in a better position now with no fee attached.

He's probably slightly too old for what we normally look at. Would never rule anything out but would guess it's unlikely.

higgs

If Robins rates him he would be an upgrade on Max but would his wages be too much for us to match

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread