Gustavo Hamer (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

As a loan maybe but some are saying they would pay a fee for him, I think I even saw someone saying a million. He might come good but I am not sure he is a Championship quality player. Could be another Baka in my view.
I wouldn't be paying a £million for sure. He's worth a fee of sorts, with maybe a fat sell-on to compensate, but I wouldn't be expecting him to start next season, for sure.

Walker and either Godden / AN Other if we decide to move Godden on would be first choice, and Gyokeres ain't good enough yet to be that first choice.

Eddie Johnson would be my comparison!

shmmeee

£900k for Walker, who was older and less experienced at this level. I’d be very surprised to see you get Györkeres for a couple of hundred grand like some are suggesting.

PVA

Hamer is a very good player at this level, no doubt.

He was fantastic for those first 3 or 4 months and we all know he has been average since Christmas.

The talk of £15m for him from some was just ridiculous though.

If we can get a few £mil and sign Walsh on a free (if he's over his injuries) then that'd be good business.

skyblueelephant76

£900k for Walker, who was older and less experienced at this level. I’d be very surprised to see you get Györkeres for a couple of hundred grand like some are suggesting.
Walker has 40 Championship appearances for Forest. He's much more experienced at this level than Györkeres and was coming off the back of two successful seasons in L1 & L2.

shmmeee

Walker has 40 Championship appearances for Forest. He's much more experienced at this level than Györkeres and was coming off the back of two successful seasons in L1 & L2.

Well I’ll shut up, I assumed he hadn’t played much but you’re right he’d had almost twice as many minutes as Györkeres has now.

Can I save face by claiming St Pauli is Championship level? :D

clint van damme

As long as we get Walsh in, I’m in. Somethings clearly been off with him since the new year and if he’s not on the bus get rid.

I keep saying it. He played a huge amount of games, far ore than he's been used to.
Couple that with settling in a new country, takes its toll.
No way I'd be happy to swap him for Walsh and I'm a huge Walsh fan

NorthernWisdom

I keep saying it. He played a huge amount of games, far ore than he's been used to.
And Walsh being out injured for a year, with limited experience of this division, would be re-setting the development clock really.

Now it *could* be worthwhile if the cash were spent well elsewhere, but...

clint van damme

And Walsh being out injured for a year, with limited experience of this division, would be re-setting the development clock really.

Now it *could* be worthwhile if the cash were spent well elsewhere, but...

Id like to see Walsh given a crack here. But given his injuries and lack of experience I wouldn't like it to be as Hamers replacement.

steve cooper

Hamer's form dipped when stopped getting booked every week for unnecessary fouls. Not sure if that is the cause or the effect.

shmmeee

But if we got Østigård permanently and a bit of cash to spend and got Walsh in, surely you’d take that? Not saying Walsh is as good or better, also we’ve got Sheaf and Eccles coming through with a couple of others not far behind. I’d rather spend on the defence than DM personally.

clint van damme

But if we got Østigård permanently and a bit of cash to spend and got Walsh in, surely you’d take that? Not saying Walsh is as good or better, also we’ve got Sheaf and Eccles coming through with a couple of others not far behind. I’d rather spend on the defence than DM personally.

I'm probably setting my self up for a big disappointment but I'm really banking on having both Osti and Hamer next season!

Hertsccfc

Id like to see Walsh given a crack here. But given his injuries and lack of experience I wouldn't like it to be as Hamers replacement.
I agree. I am also a big fan of Walsh but he doesn't have Hamer's ability and it is not a given that he would be effective in the Championship especially with the injuries.

Magwitch1

We all know Liam Walsh can play to a high standard in division one and I have no doubt he would perform at a good level in the championship we have seen Ostigard, Sheaf & Hamer all do well in their first year in the championship so why not Liam Walsh. I would only consider signing him if Hamer was on the move though and obviously his injury was sorted.

Hertsccfc

We all know Liam Walsh can play to a high standard in division one and I have no doubt he would perform at a good level in the championship we have seen Ostigard, Sheaf & Hamer all do well in their first year in the championship so why not Liam Walsh. I would only consider signing him if Hamer was on the move though and obviously his injury was sorted.
Some who are good at one level can't make the adjustment. McNulty was great in L2 but never cracked L1. Allen failed to step up this year despite looking strong in L1, admittedly nowhere near as strong as Walsh.

I suspect Walsh would step up at this level, injury aside, but he isn't as good as Hamer.

fatso

I guess for a comparison how close is he to Ben White who they chose to keep?
That's a good comparison, white is still young and has established himself as a premier league defender. He's played a lot more first team football, and is ahead of Ostigard, who is probably fourth of fifth choice now at centre half.
Brighton will undoubtedly trigger the 1 year extension, but I think that's just so they receive a development fee when he inevitably moves on.

Ccfcisparks

That's a good comparison, white is still young and has established himself as a premier league defender. He's played a lot more first team football, and is ahead of Ostigard, who is probably fourth of fifth choice now at centre half.
Brighton will undoubtedly trigger the 1 year extension, but I think that's just so they receive a development fee when he inevitably moves on.
Osti also 2 years behind in his development compared to White. I could see them getting rid of White and keeping Osti.

Saddlebrains

Some of the figures here ffs. Hamer isnt fucking Busquets.
We're a lower end championship team thatis self sufficient. If people think for one second the club will turn down doubling or tripling its money on Hamer then i suggest they stop being so deluded. We'll get 3.5 million max. Just gotta hope Osti is part of that

SlowerThanPlatt

Brighton have a good record of progressing players into their first team after loans. Sanchez the goalkeeper who was at Rochdale (made an error for Rose goal in the away win there) is now the starting goalkeeper and obviously White. Don’t know how highly Ostigard is rated by the management but there’s few better clubs to be at

SleepyGinger

Osti also 2 years behind in his development compared to White. I could see them getting rid of White and keeping Osti.
They are not in the same league to be fair mate, Ben white was probably Leeds best player when they got promoted and I’m sure Brighton turned down some big bids for him.

Brighton Sky Blue

They are not in the same league to be fair mate, Ben white was probably Leeds best player when they got promoted and I’m sure Brighton turned down some big bids for him.

Which is what leads me to think Osti is certainly nowhere near first team contention for them and will only stay if he gets assurances of first team football after another loan

SlowerThanPlatt

Some of the figures here ffs. Hamer isnt fucking Busquets.
We're a lower end championship team thatis self sufficient. If people think for one second the club will turn down doubling or tripling its money on Hamer then i suggest they stop being so deluded. We'll get 3.5 million max. Just gotta hope Osti is part of that

It depends on how highly the club rate him and how far they think he can progress. Another okay season and it’s not looking good but they may think he can progress to one of the best midfielders in the league so you would be daft to sell him for £3m now. Leicester do a good job at this, knowing when to sell the player for the best price possible.

Last edited:

Hobo

Why are so many keen on Gyokeres? Really don’t see it. We can do far better than that.
Who? And you dont even know what price we can get him for?

Ccfcisparks

At Ostigards age now, White had just done half a year at Peterborough in league 1. At the same age, Ostigard is ahead IMO. White did have a great year at 22 though I agree.

Hobo

I cannot believe people are moaning about a dip in Hamers form? New country, different style of football, different culture, punishing fixture list.

But Walsh would be a great buy, unproven at this level and been injured all year????

Our fans lack any sense of logic to me.

stupot07

Who? And you dont even know what price we can get him for?
Blackburn paid around £1.75m for Armstrong from Newcastle, he had played more games but only scored 7 in 56 in the champions before signing permanently. Gyorkeres is 20 and already a full Swedish international. He's going to cost us at least £1.5m as you're also paying for potential.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

I cannot believe people are moaning about a dip in Hamers form? New country, different style of football, different culture, punishing fixture list.

But Walsh would be a great buy, unproven at this level and been injured all year????

Our fans lack any sense of logic to me.
I completely agree. I loved Walsh, and if we'd have signed him in the summer I'd have been really happy. But we're a year down the line, he's missed a season of football pretty much, and we need to be building from where we are now, not where we were 12 months ago.

Hamer was pots by a country mile first half of the season. C

Hertsccfc

Blackburn paid around £1.75m for Armstrong from Newcastle, he had played more games but only scored 7 in 56 in the champions before signing permanently. Gyorkeres is 20 and already a full Swedish international. He's going to cost us at least £1.5m as you're also paying for potential.

£1.5 million for Gyokeres? Please no.

Users who are viewing this thread