Gustavo Hamer (1 Viewer)

Jamieb87ccfc

I think Gyorekes, Ostigard plus £2 Million. I’d roughly say Gyorekes is worth 350-500k and Ostigard probably 1.5 Million.

Alkhen

I think Gyorekes, Ostigard plus £2 Million. I’d roughly say Gyorekes is worth 350-500k and Ostigard probably 1.5 Million.

This and Hamer back on loan for a year
giphy.gif

mark82

I do rate Hamer but if you offered a straight swap for Ostigard I’d bite your hand off

I'd send him to Brighton if we could get Ostigard (assuming they trigger his extension) plus cash. Going to be interest in Hamer I'm sure but surprised there's interest from Premier League given his form the last few months.

Would love to keep him but don't think he's essential to our team if we can get a deal that helps us improve elsewhere. Would open the door to a Liam Walsh return if he becomes a free agent (I get there are injury concerns, but he's still quality even if unproven at this level).

JulianDarbyFTW

Hamer won us a lot of points (relative to our total) damn near on his own early on in the season. His dip in form of late seems to have tainted some opinions, but even on an off day he's one of our better players. Next season I think he'll be a real standout performer, especially if we have better players alongside him. That said, I'd probably swap him for Osti and a bucket load of wonga.

shmmeee

As long as we get Walsh in, I’m in. Somethings clearly been off with him since the new year and if he’s not on the bus get rid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hamer is not PL standard, but Rangers are also linked with JCH, Assombalonga etc so they’re clearly looking more around our level.

JulianDarbyFTW

Hamer is not PL standard, but Rangers are also linked with JCH, Assombalonga etc so they’re clearly looking more around our level.

To be fair, we'd have said that about a few players that ended up in the top flight, like John Fleck, Cyrus Christie, Oliver Norwood, even someone that did very well for us like David McGoldrick - clearly, 3 of those 4 were for Sheffield Utd but they did well last season. I think Hamer has the ability to play at the top level, but probably at a Norwich / West Brom / Crystal Palace type level rather than in the upper tier.

SeaSeeEffCee

Hamer won us a lot of points (relative to our total) damn near on his own early on in the season. His dip in form of late seems to have tainted some opinions, but even on an off day he's one of our better players. Next season I think he'll be a real standout performer, especially if we have better players alongside him. That said, I'd probably swap him for Osti and a bucket load of wonga.
Compare the way people talk about players like Gyokeres compared to Hamer and it really does prove that all you need to do to be well thought of come the summer is play well for the last month of the season.

Hertsccfc

I do rate Hamer but if you offered a straight swap for Ostigard I’d bite your hand off
No way. I like Ostigard and hope we can get him back somehow but I think some underestimate his limitations. Hamer is a far more talented player although his form was relatively poor in the second half of the season.

Magwitch1

We seem to be linked with half the Brighton reserves lately Osti, Gyo, midfielder Danny Cashman and l believe goalkeeper Christian Walton not sure who of them are free agents or on options though.
I’d consider selling Hamer purely because I don’t see him staying long term and we are a stepping stone for his ambitions on that basis if a decent deal and profit was in the offering and it could be used to supplement our squad I’d consider it but only if it benefits us.

Brighton Sky Blue

Compare the way people talk about players like Gyokeres compared to Hamer and it really does prove that all you need to do to be well thought of come the summer is play well for the last month of the season.

Hamer has been poor since late January. He isn’t good enough for the top flight yet and I don’t think you’d sign him if you were looking to establish yourself there. Not to say he won’t be in the future.

fatso

Ostigard's value has been massively over exaggerated on here.
He hasn't kicked a ball in the premier league, and he's into the last year of a contract and can talk to any club at christmas, and he's publically stated he is only interested in playing regular first team football.
And he's stated he wants to play here.
He will be released for a development fee only.

Terry Gibson's perm

If Dale Stephens can play for Burnley in the prem then Hamer can, he would only get in low down in the league at a side like Burnley or Norwich or Arsenal😉

SlowerThanPlatt

He hasn't kicked a ball in the premier league, and he's into the last year of a contract and can talk to any club at christmas, and he's publically stated he is only interested in playing regular first team football.

He has a one year extension which Brighton will activate in the contract he signed

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess for a comparison how close is he to Ben White who they chose to keep?

Brighton Sky Blue

If Dale Stephens can play for Burnley in the prem then Hamer can, he would only get in low down in the league at a side like Burnley or Norwich or Arsenal😉

Right but Hamer at his best has shown himself to be a top half Championship player, he isn’t ready at the moment.

Hertsccfc

tbh I'd take him as an option, or injury cover, and if we were to own him, to try and develop into first team starter. The issue is that a loanee to play every now and again probably isn't what the parent club wants!
As a loan maybe but some are saying they would pay a fee for him, I think I even saw someone saying a million. He might come good but I am not sure he is a Championship quality player. Could be another Baka in my view.

Magwitch1

Lot of Premiership players with club option on their contract move with their parent club retaining a percentage of any fee should they get sold on later.
I think Liverpool let a player go last season but have first refusal on him should he move on.

Users who are viewing this thread