Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

Announce Michu, Georgios Samaras and whoever else has been stupidly rumoured over recent years.

JulianDarbyFTW

How do you pronounce his name? Hamer as in Hammer, or as in rhymes with Gamer? It's of vital importance, as I need to prepare witty remarks for when he has a shit first game of the season.

Magwitch

Gordon Strachan tried his hardest to get Dion to convert to centre back.
Read this. Gordon Strachan: My ultimate line-up of players I’ve managed – without Roy Keane
He also played centre back regularly when he signed for Leicester
And this is what Rooney thought.
Dion Dublin: Wayne Rooney said I was the best centre-back he'd faced - Planet Football
Strachan always said Dublin was a class centre forward but an international class centre half, the games he played at the back he was immense but Dion wasn’t happy moving back into defence I wonder if that’s why we signed Moldavan.

mr_monkey

Strachan always said Dublin was a class centre forward but an international class centre half, the games he played at the back he was immense but Dion wasn’t happy moving back into defence I wonder if that’s why we signed Moldavan.

Yet I'm pretty sure he played international games for England as a striker not a centre back....

steve cooper

Yet I'm pretty sure he played international games for England as a striker not a centre back....
Yes, his 4 appearances were as a striker but I'm pretty sure I remember Hoddle (I think it was) mentioning his ability to play centre back as an added bonus to him being in the squad

mr_monkey

Yes, his 4 appearances were as a striker but I'm pretty sure I remember Hoddle (I think it was) mentioning his ability to play centre back as an added bonus to him being in the squad

Definitely a plus for him and he was a definitely a decent center back in his later days but he was certainly a much much better striker than center back

And as for hoddle I wonder if Eileen Drury told him to say that :)

shmmeee

It’s “Harmer” according to the missus. But that’s how the Dutch pronounce their As anyway I believe and he’s Brazilian so could be wrong.

steve cooper

Definitely a plus for him and he was a definitely a decent center back in his later days but he was certainly a much much better striker than center back

And as for hoddle I wonder if Eileen Drury told him to say that :)
Yes he was brilliant playing up front. I just checked and apparently he started his career as a centre back with Norwich, so my original comment still works in reverse.

RegTheDonk

Hamer time!!
This has made my day punks!
QjAes-1472661493-5536-list_items-sledge_gunshot.gif

mr_monkey

Yes he was brilliant playing up front. I just checked and apparently he started his career as a centre back with Norwich, so my original comment still works in reverse.

And I still think anyone who thought he was as good a striker as a defender needs their eyes tested :) in fact the fact he moved from defender to striker to make it as a player kinda proves my point rather than yours ;)

Flying Fokker

Basically SISU have been planning for this pandemic for 8 years. Cut down and make it look like we haven’t got a pot to piss in.

let someone buy the arena, then release a virus into the world - then whilst the worlds finances are fucked they’ll go in all guns blazing buying anything and anyone at the bottom of the cycle - Tim Fisher hinted at this a while back
So, they have been stressing the World. There’s me thinking we were unlucky.

covcity4life

Nice. Looks like we will try play passing game in championship again. Good!

Need another RB
Another LB if cant get mcallum back on loan
AM needed hope o hare. Ideally need back up too
1 more CB? Lower priority perhaps

Good to see us gettinf business earlier. Hopefully we already have targets foe the other positions

mr_monkey

Nice. Looks like we will try play passing game in championship again. Good!

Need another RB
Another LB if cant get mcallum back on loan
AM needed hope o hare. Ideally need back up too
1 more CB? Lower priority perhaps

Good to see us gettinf business earlier. Hopefully we already have targets foe the other positions

Dacosta for the first two but definitely agree on O'Hare and I think another striker would be good

Users who are viewing this thread