Good on Paper XI (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

A team of players that looked good when we signed them, but the reality proved different!
Bryan King
Regis Genoux
Gary Collier
Colin Hendry
Robert Jarni
Nii Lamptey
Dave Bowman
Jose Perdomo
Keith O'Neill
Kevin Drinkell
Alan Brazil

lord_garrincha

Off the top of my head, internationals who came in, with experience of playing in europe...

Walemme
Clement
Soltvedt
Isaias
Zuniga

stevefloyd

I told this story before but in the early days of bsb (sky) i used to watch the scottish football highlights (it was better than watching the full games) Eoin Jess kept catching my eye so being an anorak at the time I wrote to Terry Butcher, our manager at the time, telling him that Jess would be a great foil for big Cyrille, I got a nice letter signed by Butcher thanking me and the next thing we went and signed him !
Now it was either pure coincidence or they actually listened to me, he turned out shite so I got rid of the anorak persona and become a c**t :)

Eion Jess. Incredibly skilful but just couldn't translate it to anything effective on the pitch.
Thought Soltvedt was decent

rob9872

Gary Mac - he was good with pens and his quality is palpable
Jean-Guy Quillemme
Reggie Bl-inker

Otis

I told this story before but in the early days of bsb (sky) i used to watch the scottish football highlights (it was better than watching the full games) Eoin Jess kept catching my eye so being an anorak at the time I wrote to Terry Butcher, our manager at the time, telling him that Jess would be a great foil for big Cyrille, I got a nice letter signed by Butcher thanking me and the next thing we went and signed him !
Now it was either pure coincidence or they actually listened to me, he turned out shite so I got rid of the anorak persona and become a c**t :)
Are you also responsible for Kyle Lightbourne, Nick Proschwitz and Simon Jackson?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I'm pretty sure "Big Ron" signed Jess. Wasn't it at the same time we signed Daish?

shmmeee

You've got to say that Konjic was a failure in the Prem as well after coming in with a lot of hype.
giphy.gif

Legia Sky Blue

Bit harsh on Robert Jarni

He's included in the sense that he was an exciting signing that ended up in huge disappointment. Jarni was a helluva player, I can't remember if that was the same period we brought in Nilsson, but no team in the Prem would have had a better full back combination than Nilsson & Jarni. Of course we would have had Williams & Shaw alongside them to complicate matters.

Otis

One for the older folk. Chris Chilton.

Big signing for us supposedly at the time. But he was a complete failure here.

Just look at his stats for Hull and then his stats for the City.

Better than one in every two games for Hull, but one in nine for us.

Screenshot_20200326-133511.png

Johhny Blue

So....Mc Alister is good on both pen and paper?

Users who are viewing this thread