Godden (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I think that’s a very fair assessment G. Do you think we need to get in a big man or little man to play with Walker

A big target man who can play with his back to goal and bring others into play. It’s been lacking all season. I honestly think walker is a 15 goal a season guy when fit so a striker who can get 8 to 10 and Godden as a back up is a proper group of forwards to choose from

cc84cov

A big target man who can play with his back to goal and bring others into play. It’s been lacking all season. I honestly think walker is a 15 goal a season guy when fit so a striker who can get 8 to 10 and Godden as a back up is a proper group of forwards to choose from
Max will probably stay as 4th choice with Godden walker and as we say bring in another one at the level

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think that’s a very fair assessment G. Do you think we need to get in a big man or little man to play with Walker

Given how well he linked with Biamou probably a big man. Someone to do the donkey work and leave him with the job of putting the ball in the net.

SkyBlueMatt

1 in 2 for a league 1 team Is good he smashed league 2 the season before it’s clear he’s got what it takes if we give him service but more importantly he stays fit that’s my only issue
You're boring mate. Find a hobby.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

He'll need to chip in with atleast 20 goals over the season or people won't be happy.

I'll get a GoFundMe page started...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

The one I’ve had my eye on this season (albeit probably unrealistic) is Sam Surridge at Bournemouth. Be interested to know if we could take him either on loan or permanently if they went up, but feel we’d probably be priced out.

Saddlebrains

Surely not long now?

With Dabo back then its only Godden left until full strength.

When do we think?

Derby on the 6th i feel

Magwitch

Let’s stay up, get back to the Ricoh and up Robins budget so he can compete for better quality of player. I reckon this close season is going to be a lot different to others in the past there will be good players released and out of contract looking for clubs, clubs like us could increase our quality of player but you have to pay the going rate wage wise which might not be as high as it used to be.

tommy hutch legend

Let’s stay up, get back to the Ricoh and up Robins budget so he can compete for better quality of player. I reckon this close season is going to be a lot different to others in the past there will be good players released and out of contract looking for clubs, clubs like us could increase our quality of player but you have to pay the going rate wage wise which might not be as high as it used to be.
robin's budget will be decided on season ticket sales are buying one ?

shmmeee

Our budget isn’t decided by the number of fans we get, or it wouldn’t have increased the last two seasons.

That said, everyone should buy a ST or STFU generally.

Evo1883

I think godden and Walker will work well together, godden is very intelligent.. I watched him really closely last season and he drags players away, brings others into play well and his positioning is genuinely fabulous in and around the box, his finishing got us promoted, he was clinical in the biggest games for us last year, I think his all round play sets him apart from the rest at the club.

For me, matty godden will help develop walkers game further and absolutely bring the best out of him.

And let's not forget, godden has a great goal to game record at the club, if he can get himself fit and back into contention the club don't need to replace him... Both are capable(when fit) of scoring 15 goals each at this level

Last edited:

SBAndy

I think godden and Walker will work well together, godden is very intelligent.. I watched him really closely last season and he drags players away, brings others into play well and his positioning is genuinely fabulous in and around the box, his finishing got us promoted, he was clinical in the biggest games for us last year, I think his all round play sets him apart from the rest at the club.

For me, matty godden will help develop walkers game further and absolutely bring the best out of him.

And let's not forget, godden has a great goal to game record at the club, if he can get himself fit and back into contention the club don't need to replace him... Both are capable(when fit) of scoring 15 goals each at this level

Big ‘if’ re getting fit, but I do take your point. I’d be looking for another first team striker in the summer, as has been discussed a Championship-standard target man would be ideal, but I think the beauty of Godden is that he can play both roles of the front 2 from what I’ve seen of him: the poacher and the support striker.

Evo1883

Godden has scored 4 goals and has 2 assists in 14 games at this level.

He's not the answer long term, but he would certainly be our best option if he was fit right now.
Also remembering that 4 or 5 of those games where on his return from injury and he clearly was still not fit enough

Evo1883

Big ‘if’ re getting fit, but I do take your point. I’d be looking for another first team striker in the summer, as has been discussed a Championship-standard target man would be ideal, but I think the beauty of Godden is that he can play both roles of the front 2 from what I’ve seen of him: the poacher and the support striker.

I think we need to bring another striker in, but I also think if both fit godden and Walker will absolutely do well for us as a partnership.

The very least they need a run of games together as I'm positive that's what Robins intentions have been since signing walker, we just haven't got around to it yet unfortunately

Evo1883

He’s the best striker at the club
giphy.gif

KenilworthSkyBlue

Also remembering that 4 or 5 of those games where on his return from injury and he clearly was still not fit enough

I believe he was also still feeling pain in his foot. Couple that with a lack of fitness he was hardly going to be pulling up trees.

The notion that he's not good enough is preposterous.

Evo1883

I believe he was also still feeling pain in his foot. Couple that with a lack of fitness he was hardly going to be pulling up trees.

The notion that he's not good enough is preposterous.

4 in 10 before he went off injured, that's around 18 goals in a championship season... And he mostly played alone... 18 goals a season is fantastic at championship level

Walker can do exactly the same too... I see no reason these two can't be good for us at this level together

SBAndy

I think we need to bring another striker in, but I also think if both fit godden and Walker will absolutely do well for us as a partnership.

The very least they need a run of games together as I'm positive that's what Robins intentions have been since signing walker, we just haven't got around to it yet unfortunately

Agree with this. My point, I suppose, was that he’s flexible enough that if either Walker or this mystical new striker were to get injured, he could cover both roles and there’s less risk of the goals drying up. If we signed a new target man and then had him and Max up top we’d likely struggle for a bit, so I’d be really keen to keep Godden around.

cc84cov

Walker & Godden are far too intelligent not to play wel together if them pair start together soon I’ll have a lot more confidence in us staying up my worry is goddens injury form

Frostie

in league 1. Walker got 14 in 28 last year. Both aren’t good enough for this league.

If you look at the Top Scorers in the Championship, Walker's minutes per goal is better than most, ahead of the likes of Ayew, Solanke, Woodrow etc.
Given how much we struggle to score goals as a team that's pretty impressive.

cov donkey kick

A better version of max is needed if we stay up for next season as not sure Robins will play walker and godden on a regular basis. So we need a different type of front man in the build of max but more deadly in front of goal.

shmmeee

A better version of max is needed if we stay up for next season as not sure Robins will play walker and godden on a regular basis. So we need a different type of front man in the build of max but more deadly in front of goal.

Why don’t you think hell play Walker and Godden? They’ve played together before and when Walker came in he mentioned them playing together.

Users who are viewing this thread