Godden (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Him and Dabo back fully fit if they were signings from another club we would we whooping it up, we need and think we deserve just a little change of luck, fully fit I think our squad can mix it with most in this division and only Bournemouth to play from the top seven, I include Cardiff as a very tough and dangerous opponent.

cc84cov

Him and Dabo back fully fit if they were signings from another club we would we whooping it up, we need and think we deserve just a little change of luck, fully fit I think our squad can mix it with most in this division and only Bournemouth to play from the top seven, I include Cardiff as a very tough and dangerous opponent.
Dabo was back on grass yesterday

skybluepm2

Praying he has comes back, stays fit and can have a similar impact to when he returned last season. He was outstanding between January and March before it was curtailed.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Praying he has comes back, stays fit and can have a similar impact to when he returned last season. He was outstanding between January and March before it was curtailed.
Double hat tricks against Brentford and Swansea as he is secretly 100% fit right now and ready. Which really is not gonna happen although I wish it did

gspotgaz

Unpopular opinion I’m sure but what’s godden done all season? He’s looked way off this level imo and hasn’t really impacted pretty much any games he’s started in.

Our form vastly improved earlier in the season when he went out the team. Walker and gyokeres look much more effective players at this level.

skyblue1991

Dabo was back on grass yesterday
Did he get fed up with smoking AstroTurf?
7d38d720c5b24e1df23b898bd2b66a3d.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Jamesimus

Unpopular opinion I’m sure but what’s godden done all season? He’s looked way off this level imo and hasn’t really impacted pretty much any games he’s started in.

Our form vastly improved earlier in the season when he went out the team. Walker and gyokeres look much more effective players at this level.

Godden has scored 4 goals and has 2 assists in 14 games at this level.

He's not the answer long term, but he would certainly be our best option if he was fit right now.

gspotgaz

I feel we look a lot worse with godden in team. Just my opinion though I guess. I certainly don’t see him as a saviour for us.

Ccfcisparks

I feel we look a lot worse with godden in team. Just my opinion though I guess. I certainly don’t see him as a saviour for us.
I actually agree, hes nowhere near up to standard when it comes to link up play and his finishing is vastly overrated by many on here.

D

Deleted member 11652

I actually agree, hes nowhere near up to standard when it comes to link up play and his finishing is vastly overrated by many on here.

His link up play is far better than any striker we have. The cult have this myth that Biamou holds the ball up and brings others into play which just isn’t true. The only striker we have that does that is Godden.

Ccfcisparks

His link up play is far better than any striker we have. The cult have this myth that Biamou holds the ball up and brings others into play which just isn’t true. The only striker we have that does that is Godden.
Thats utter rubbish. In the games hes played this season if I remember right, the ball always ends up coming straight back whenever its hit up to Godden. He hasn't got the physicality of pace to make a nuisance of himself.

D

Deleted member 11652

Thats utter rubbish. In the games hes played this season if I remember right, the ball always ends up coming straight back whenever its hit up to Godden. He hasn't got the physicality of pace to make a nuisance of himself.

He wins a fair few flick-ons for his height but he’s better at bringing the ball into his chest and laying it off. His first touch is leagues away from Max and Walker so holds the ball at his feet too.

If you notice, all our throw ins go back wards. It actually resulted in the second goal last week. That’s because our strikers don’t show and are seemingly incapable of holding the ball with their back to goal. Godden can do this.

In saying that, I’m happy if Godden only touches the ball in the box because more often than not it goes in. 14 goals in 26 wasn’t it last year?

Ccfcisparks

He wins a fair few flick-ons for his height but he’s better at bringing the ball into his chest and laying it off. His first touch is leagues away from Max and Walker so holds the ball at his feet too.

If you notice, all our throw ins go back wards. It actually resulted in the second goal last week. That’s because our strikers don’t show and are seemingly incapable of holding the ball with their back to goal. Godden can do this.

In saying that, I’m happy if Godden only touches the ball in the box because more often than not it goes in. 14 goals in 26 wasn’t it last year?
in league 1. Walker got 14 in 28 last year. Both aren’t good enough for this league.

D

Deleted member 11652

in league 1. Walker got 14 in 28 last year. Both aren’t good enough for this league.

I don’t think either are. I think Walker might have the potential to be but that’s based on what he’s done elsewhere and not here.

cc84cov

Walker will score goals at this level in certain if he has service all his goals are fox in the box type of goals we just don’t provide service at this level yet

SkyBlueMatt

Alright I'll bite.

I'm not sure if you're on a wind up or just miserable. I dont know what people expect, Walker & Godden are our level, you need to accept that. These type of players are the best we can get.

Too many fans just like being negative just so they can be proved right. Easy to do when we were a league two side, three years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Alright I'll bite.

I'm not sure if you're on a wind up or just miserable. I dont know what people expect, Walker & Godden are our level, you need to accept that. These type of players are the best we can get.

Too many fans just like being negative just so they can be proved right. Easy to do when we were a league two side, three years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
1 in 2 for a league 1 team Is good he smashed league 2 the season before it’s clear he’s got what it takes if we give him service but more importantly he stays fit that’s my only issue

Saddlebrains

Are you having a laugh? Name us a time, off the top of your head that Godden ever missed a chance for us that he shouldnt?

I bet you cant because his finishing in the area is fantastic.

I usually enjoy your posts, but this is utter fucking horse shit

Ccfcisparks

Are you having a laugh? Name us a time, off the top of your head that Godden ever missed a chance for us that he shouldnt?

I bet you cant because his finishing in the area is fantastic.

I usually enjoy your posts, but this is utter fucking horse shit
Ok hands up, it might be over the top. He’s good enough in the box but feel if he’s upfront on his own he doesn’t offer enough.

I do remember his miss at Tranmere at home though. Although tbf who didn’t miss that game.

Grendel

Ok hands up, it might be over the top. He’s good enough in the box but feel if he’s upfront on his own he doesn’t offer enough.

I do remember his miss at Tranmere at home though. Although tbf who didn’t miss that game.

If we stay up the club have to find a genuine real number 9 who can form a consistent partnership with walker but have Godden as a back up so we have 3 genuine forwards at this level

Ccfcisparks

If we stay up the club have to find a genuine real number 9 who can form a consistent partnership with walker but have Godden as a back up so we have 3 genuine forwards at this level
I think that’s a very fair assessment G. Do you think we need to get in a big man or little man to play with Walker

Users who are viewing this thread