Godden (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

cc84cov

I think that also. I’m sure some money has been held back for January. In the current climate they would have been stupid not too. Robins wanted one more signing in the summer but couldn’t. Maybe the money was held back for January.
100% he’s held some of the budget back

AFCCOVENTRY

Fine for Robins to say we have no budget to do anything but if he ships players out he can surely bring some in.

Worse case you can let Baka, Kasta, Pask all go and get 2 players in or even 1 decent striker on loan.

87 n all that

Fine for Robins to say we have no budget to do anything but if he ships players out he can surely bring some in.

Worse case you can let Baka, Kasta, Pask all go and get 2 players in or even 1 decent striker on loan.
Doubt Kasta will be on too many Jan sales lists but we have a lot of proven L1 players who teams will want. There will be money for at least one if we ship some out but they would have kept some money back.

PVA

Robins doesn’t really seem too different to me because when we have a fit squad Baka doesn’t even make the 18 and was only used Saturday out of necessity. Also Robins is hardly going to come out in front of the press and say he had a shit game really.

Only used out of necessity?

What rubbish.

He started the game while we had two strikers on the bench including a (relatively) big money signing.

He played, he did a job, and obviously did the job that Robins asked of him as he praised him afterwards.

Ccfcisparks

Only used out of necessity?

What rubbish.

He started the game while we had two strikers on the bench including a (relatively) big money signing.

He played, he did a job, and obviously did the job that Robins asked of him as he praised him afterwards.
Delusion if you think he’s part of Robins future plans hahahahahaha

Frostie

Baka was fine on Saturday. Yes he should offer more goal threat & his movement off the ball wasn't brilliant but he played his role well.
I know this will upset some but Biamou can't play that role hence why Robins opted for Baka.

100% he’s held some of the budget back

He's already said today that he hasn't.
He'd have liked to get someone in but we don't have the budget to do so.

87 n all that

Baka was fine on Saturday. Yes he should offer more goal threat & his movement off the ball wasn't brilliant but he played his role well.
I know this will upset some but Biamou can't play that role hence why Robins opted for Baka.

Where?

PVA

Delusion if you think he’s part of Robins future plans hahahahahaha

Firstly, where did I say that he's part of Robins' future plans? I just said that to say he only played out of necessity is utter rubbish.

And secondly, I forgot you're the guy that said Robins had thrown the towel in before the game with his team selection.

Clueless.

cc84cov

Well if walker gets injured we are fucked

PVA

Well if walker gets injured we are fucked

Well yeah, but if Marosi and Wilson got injured we'd be fucked.

If O'Hare and Shipley got injured we'd be fucked.

If Giles and Mccallum got injured we'd be fucked.

Injuries happen, unfortunately we don't have the budget to have 25 good Championship level players, we have some good Champ players and some good League One players.

I think people are too unrealistic as to how good they expect our backup players to be. We simply don't have the budget to have 4 quality strikers just in case 2 of them get injured.

Ccfcisparks

Injuries happen, unfortunately we don't have the budget to have 25 good Championship level players, we have some good Champ players and some good League One players.

I think people are too unrealistic as to how good they expect our backup players to be. We simply don't have the budget to have 4 quality strikers just in case 2 of them get injured.
Bakayoko is not a good league 1 player. He never has been.

87 n all that

I think people are too unrealistic as to how good they expect our backup players to be.
Very true and it’s going to be a tough season. I’ll relax when we get to at least 50 points with games to spare but that is highly unlikely to happen. We’ve got to do it with what we’ve got for the next month and every player will most likely play their role, shit or otherwise.

Frostie

Telegraph:

“We can think about things but we’ve had no supporters and no income so we can’t do anything.
“There’s very limited chances of that happening while, in an ideal world, you’d do something to cover that.
“You have to think about the league we’re in and the cost, which is unbelievable.
“I have said it before, the main thing is you don’t put the club at risk. We have a set of circumstances we’re working in and we have to do it sensibly and as well as we possibly can do.”

87 n all that

That's a bit of a wide range !
Ok, I reckon we’ll get minimum of 2 players in. Half our squad will be in demand in l1 (depends who he’ll want to let go). It’s how he plays it. Every season we seem to get 10-12 new players in the summer and it’s worked so far but this year, admittedly it’s a massive step up. We’ll get a few in jan (prem clubs will loan players out).

Brighton Sky Blue

Norwich can bitch about 13 injuries to their mega squad but whenever we have someone out it seems to be for ages and our squad was pretty small to begin with. Oh and it actually is bad luck as opposed to shin injuries obtained scything down the oppo

mark_ccfc

There’s a poster who is, I think, a physio which gave a fairly good summary somewhere (might even be this thread if I could be bothered to look!) but my layman’s understanding of it is that it is inflammation (...itis) of the fascia which is a membrane surrounding muscles. When you take the skin off a chicken breast the thin membrane underneath is the fascia, when this is damaged or inflamed (the plantar bit is the bottom of the foot) it can ‘snag’ on the surrounding muscle etc. “Myofascial release” is what a personal trainer taught me to do for that issue, with the foot you can roll a tennis ball around under the sole to help, but I imagine a pro sportsman will have some hands-on from the medical team. I think it can be one of those niggly ones, sometimes goes away reasonably quickly, but can take longer. So I’m not sure if they will know for sure how long.

Apologies if I’m repeating anything (haven’t read the whole thread) or if my limited knowledge is incorrect, but that’s my understanding of it.
Not at all you are obviously very knowledgeable - great bit of info. Reading the Coventry live article today it sounds like it could stretch into months.

87 n all that

Telegraph:

“We can think about things but we’ve had no supporters and no income so we can’t do anything.
“There’s very limited chances of that happening while, in an ideal world, you’d do something to cover that.
“You have to think about the league we’re in and the cost, which is unbelievable.
“I have said it before, the main thing is you don’t put the club at risk. We have a set of circumstances we’re working in and we have to do it sensibly and as well as we possibly can do.”

He would hardly say he’s got funds to bring in players before a big run of games. How demotivating for squad players. They would have kept some back

Grendel

He would hardly say he’s got funds to bring in players before a big run of games. How demotivating for squad players. They would have kept some back

it would be very motivating. Of course we have no money we are borrowing every year and last years accounts will look horrific

87 n all that

it would be very motivating. Of course we have no money we are borrowing every year and last years accounts will look horrific
Time for Joy to reach into her handbag then. Sisu took us to the depths but being in the champ with the level of away fans that could come to some games (yes, even at St. Andrews) once things have improved is a moneymaker. Other clubs will have more out goings than us and they’re in the same boat. For example, I doubt Baka would be motivated if he was told I’ve got money to replace you in jan, or Allen who has been poor. Motivation will go out the window and you’d just keep yourself fit for a move or look for a payoff. If we survive this season we’ll be in a better place.

SlowerThanPlatt

Unless the owners change their stance there will be little to spend. Robins has always been honest with fans that we need to sell before we can buy, I don’t think he’s in on some conspiracy to hide a war chest.

87 n all that

During his second spell here we haven’t signed anyone permanently in January. Chaplin signed in January but that was already agreed as part of the loan
We still have one loan to take if we can find the right player. Players will be loaned out. Players will ask at their respective clubs for their contracts so they can be moved on although our wage offerings might not be something to shout about. He’ll have to wheel and deal a bit.

Grendel

We still have one loan to take if we can find the right player. Players will be loaned out. Players will ask at their respective clubs for their contracts so they can be moved on although our wage offerings might not be something to shout about. He’ll have to wheel and deal a bit.

Im starting to think you owe me £20

Users who are viewing this thread