Godden (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

PVA

Wanting a striker that contributes more than Baka did on Saturday is not wanting a 15 goal a season striker.

He was fine for a 3rd/4th choice striker for a team that is at the bottom end of the league.

The other 3rd/4th choice striker came on and scored the equaliser.

Skybluebeliever

I’d heard he was almost back to training last week but then had a set back / flare up ,they are awaiting to calm down with him resting his foot completely at the moment

87 n all that

This might be controversial, but I see Max as an impact striker. He comes on last 20 minutes when you need a big goal. I don't see him as a first choice.
If we go 2 up front then he’ll probably start but he’s like you said, an impact player off the bench. We don’t have a consistent attacking midfielder so 2 up top, with Giles and Dabo putting in crosses might be the way forward.

Warwickhunt

This might be controversial, but I see Max as an impact striker. He comes on last 20 minutes when you need a big goal. I don't see him as a first choice.
i see MR as using Baka as a burn out striker that tires the opposition defence , then he brings on Walker and Max when he goes back to 5-3-2

BornSlippySkyBlue

Things are going OK without him for now - a chance for Walker to get up to speed.

Googled Plantar fasciitis as suggested - says to go back to your G.P. if it hasn't gone in two weeks, presumably after two weeks would take a week or two to get back to full fitness so would say 3-4 weeks?
There’s a poster who is, I think, a physio which gave a fairly good summary somewhere (might even be this thread if I could be bothered to look!) but my layman’s understanding of it is that it is inflammation (...itis) of the fascia which is a membrane surrounding muscles. When you take the skin off a chicken breast the thin membrane underneath is the fascia, when this is damaged or inflamed (the plantar bit is the bottom of the foot) it can ‘snag’ on the surrounding muscle etc. “Myofascial release” is what a personal trainer taught me to do for that issue, with the foot you can roll a tennis ball around under the sole to help, but I imagine a pro sportsman will have some hands-on from the medical team. I think it can be one of those niggly ones, sometimes goes away reasonably quickly, but can take longer. So I’m not sure if they will know for sure how long.

Apologies if I’m repeating anything (haven’t read the whole thread) or if my limited knowledge is incorrect, but that’s my understanding of it.

Greggs

I snapped 3 metatarsals walking up the stairs one morning(!) which healed with a “significant callus”. Feels like a marble taped to the bottom of my foot if I walk barefoot. I know the feeling!
ouch, they must be pretty tough stairs

BornSlippySkyBlue

Normal stairs. Still got the kids to school (on crutches). I don’t have the best of luck with the bony bits of my body it is fair to say.

Ccfcisparks

We're not going to sign a proven Championship striker - we can't afford one.
Fine, get rid of them pair, but whoever we get in will be a punt who may be no better.
Clint where have I said we will sign a proven championship striker. Bakayoko isn’t a good enough backup at league 1 level really. If losing him and getting in a better player on loan for 6 months was an option I’d take it every time.

clint van damme

Clint where have I said we will sign a proven championship striker. Bakayoko isn’t a good enough backup at league 1 level really. If losing him and getting in a better player on loan for 6 months was an option I’d take it every time.

I never said you said we'd get a proven championship striker.
Just poonting out that due to budgetary constraints we would be taking a punt on whoever we did get in so there's a chance they may not be up to scratch either.

Ccfcisparks

Just poonting out that due to budgetary constraints we would be taking a punt on whoever we did get in so there's a chance they may not be up to scratch either.
I’d rather take a punt and hope it comes good then persist with Baka any longer. He offers nothing.

Grendel

Can’t be much worse through really and could go for a different stuke if player - a real number 9 type

shmmeee

I’d rather take a punt and hope it comes good then persist with Baka any longer. He offers nothing.

Robins seems to think differently. Seemed happy with his performance Saturday. We’re going to need someone who can get on the end of long punts especially while Marosi is out. I really don’t get why people get so angry about Baka.

cc84cov

Robins seems to think differently. Seemed happy with his performance Saturday. We’re going to need someone who can get on the end of long punts especially while Marosi is out. I really don’t get why people get so angry about Baka.
We see what a player of his size and speed could do...we see what he does for us is most probably why we all get pissed off 😊

Ccfcisparks

Robins doesn’t really seem too different to me because when we have a fit squad Baka doesn’t even make the 18 and was only used Saturday out of necessity. Also Robins is hardly going to come out in front of the press and say he had a shit game really.

clint van damme

Can’t be much worse through really and could go for a different stuke if player - a real number 9 type

Possibly not. There was an occasion on Saturday where he muscled one of their CBs out of the way and got in front of the other one to win a header in the centre circle yet not once did he give them that sort of hassle in the box.

I've heard of strikers only coming to life in the box but never only in the centre circle.
Though as others have said,,.He's more than likely on a pittance so I'm not sure what we'd get for the same money

shmmeee

Robins doesn’t really seem too different to me because when we have a fit squad Baka doesn’t even make the 18 and was only used Saturday out of necessity. Also Robins is hardly going to come out in front of the press and say he had a shit game really.

Why not? He’s done it before. Or he’s just not mentioned people. Robins is quite blunt in his assessments of players.

Baka did a job on Saturday and did it well. Why does that upset you so much?

We don’t have unlimited resources to sign some great player to sit on our bench or U23s. I just don’t understand why people get so irate and yet often the same people drool over Max who is a far more limited player and far further out of his depth, but has a knack for poaching a goal.

Anyone other than Baka and we’d have gone in further behind against Norwich. He gets his head to long balls and harries defences, which is more than Max does. That’s why he played ahead of Max and why Robins was happy with him.

Our budget is tiny. Limited players will come in for the odd match and have a job to do. I’ll never understand this idea on here that we should maintain a squad of 11 pros and a few promising kids and that’s it. Or that our squad should all be as good as our best player in that position. We aren’t Man City.

Brighton Sky Blue

he may well have torn the fascia, which is a big band of muscle fibres that go around the middle of the foot from instep to outside, and hold tendons, ligaments and muscles in place. Could have happened if he got a kick on his instep

He seemed to just get it as he landed

Ccfcisparks

Why not? He’s done it before. Or he’s just not mentioned people. Robins is quite blunt in his assessments of players.

Baka did a job on Saturday and did it well. Why does that upset you so much?

We don’t have unlimited resources to sign some great player to sit on our bench or U23s. I just don’t understand why people get so irate and yet often the same people drool over Max who is a far more limited player and far further out of his depth, but has a knack for poaching a goal.

Anyone other than Baka and we’d have gone in further behind against Norwich. He gets his head to long balls and harries defences, which is more than Max does. That’s why he played ahead of Max and why Robins was happy with him.

Our budget is tiny. Limited players will come in for the odd match and have a job to do. I’ll never understand this idea on here that we should maintain a squad of 11 pros and a few promising kids and that’s it. Or that our squad should all be as good as our best player in that position. We aren’t Man City.
If Baka did such a job saturday how come the majority of people rated him either a 5 or 6 on the ratings thread? we could easily upgrade on him January.

87 n all that

If Baka did such a job saturday how come the majority of people rated him either a 5 or 6 on the ratings thread? we could easily upgrade on him January.
I think that also. I’m sure some money has been held back for January. In the current climate they would have been stupid not too. Robins wanted one more signing in the summer but couldn’t. Maybe the money was held back for January.

Users who are viewing this thread