Godden (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Evo1883

Godden is in my opinion, the most naturally gifted striker at the club.. Proper forward and his footballing brain is excellent... Him and Walker together is going to be quite good, even at this level

Evo1883

I think walker and godden are too alike
Not for me, godden links play extremely well, slower than walker but his positioning is a level above... Walker will play off godden extremely well with his pace and runs in

Evo1883

I agree. One of Godden and Walker with Biamou for me, we need Max's physicality in this league and to allow us to go long.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I reckon if somebody could somehow find the stats... Godden wins more headers than max.. Be interesting to see.. I know godden is smaller, but his leap and timing is quite impressive

Can't see him starting max over godden and Walker.. Youre actively leaving a better player out the side which many of you argued shouldn't happen

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree. One of Godden and Walker with Biamou for me, we need Max's physicality in this league and to allow us to go long.

Aside from yesterday’s performance against Rotherham, Biamou hasn’t really physically dominated defences.

I’m happy for Biamou and hope he continues his form because it means we won’t need a 3rd striker in Jan. It’s easy to get carried away based on one good performance against a team of similar position to ourselves.

Godden also scores more headers than Biamou so if that’s the angle, Walker and Godden all day for me.

Evo1883

Aside from yesterday’s performance against Rotherham, Biamou hasn’t really physically dominated defences.

I’m happy for Biamou and hope he continues his form because it means we won’t need a 3rd striker in Jan. It’s easy to get carried away based on one good performance against a team of similar position to ourselves.

Godden also scores more headers than Biamou so if that’s the angle, Walker and Godden all day for me.

There is an awful lot of misinformation when it comes to max... He's obviously a fan favourite but it massively clouds judgement... He played well yesterday tbh, very well.

Godden is far superior and we would be daft to start max over him or walker

stupot07

I reckon if somebody could somehow find the stats... Godden wins more headers than max.. Be interesting to see
Physicality isn't all about flick ons. He brings the best out of Walker, he brought the best out of McNulty and he would be a great foil for Godden too. Is he a better player than Godden or Walker? No, is he an effective strike partner. Yes.

Yesterday Max had 40 touches and won 10 aeriel challenges, but who scored does record them

Max 4.4
Osti 3.5
Mcfadz 3.1
Hyam 3.1
Godden 2.9
Walker 2.7

Evo1883

Physicality isn't all about flick ons.

Yesterday Max had 40 touches and won 10 aeriel challenges, but who scored does record them

Max 4.4
Osti 3.5
Mcfadz 3.1
Hyam 3.1
Godden 2.9

No I agree but Godden holds the ball up better than max and links play better...he's just a better forward really

Max played well yesterday, no argument there... If it helps I would start him for the foreseeable when we play 2 up and ease godden back in when he's fit... He will get plenty of game time this season

Last edited:

stupot07

No I agree but Godden holds the ball up better than max and links play better...he's just a better forward really

Max played well yesterday, no argument there... If it helps I would start him for the foreseeable when we play 2 up and ease godden back in when he's fit... He will get plenty of game time this season
From what Robins said, Goddens not going to be back this side of new year, by then if we continue to play 2 up top the partnership may be unbreakable. Personally I think Godden may struggle to get and stay fit, it sounds like a nasty injury, and we will end up using the loan market to bring in reinforcements

Evo1883

From what Robins said, Goddens not going to be back this side of new year, by then if we continue to play 2 up top the partnership may be unbreakable. Personally I think Godden may struggle to get and stay fit, it sounds like a nasty injury, and we will end up using the loan market to bring in reinforcements

I agree with all of this, and think even when fit godden will be eased back in slowly

cc84cov

There is an awful lot of misinformation when it comes to max... He's obviously a fan favourite but it massively clouds judgement... He played well yesterday tbh, very well.

Godden is far superior and we would be daft to start max over him or walker
If max carries on like that Godden will be on the bench competing with walker

The question is can he carry on at that level he shown yesterday consistently

Evo1883

No but the problem for max is godden is consistent... That's the difference really

Godden is just a better footballer

If max is inform, ofcourse keep him in

Mucca Mad Boys

That's the big 'if' and frankly, the likelihood that yesterday performance was exception, not the rule. Honestly, I think yesterday was probably Biamou's best ever performance for us.

procdoc

I like Max but you pick your best eleven. If we play two up front it’s got to be Godden and Walker

Grendel

That's the big 'if' and frankly, the likelihood that yesterday performance was exception, not the rule. Honestly, I think yesterday was probably Biamou's best ever performance for us.

It was and by a considerable margin certainly the first 45 minutes

Frostie

I reckon if somebody could somehow find the stats... Godden wins more headers than max.. Be interesting to see.. I know godden is smaller, but his leap and timing is quite impressive

Can't see him starting max over godden and Walker.. Youre actively leaving a better player out the side which many of you argued shouldn't happen

In terms of aerial duels this season, from an almost identical number, Biamou has won 46% & Godden 39%.

Evo1883

In terms of aerial duels this season, from an almost identical number, Biamou has won 46% & Godden 39%.

Interesting, where did you find these if you could link me I like looking at player stats etc

cc84cov

I agree,I don’t see him keeping that level up but I would love to be proved wrong

Evo1883

👍🏻
Good site but how do I expand it or do I need to use desktop mode? Can only see minutes played and passes on mobile

EDIT : sorted... Desktop is the one

edgy

It's all well and good saying "you play your best players" but football doesn't always work like that. Lots more to consider. Form, formation and tactics for starters.

I'm not sure Godden and Walker would be as successful in the same formation and tactics that we saw yesterday. We went direct and longer. Max thrived. If we decide that's how we're approaching our games now, then its Max +1 on current form.

If we go back to one up top, then Max probably doesn't start.

Users who are viewing this thread