Go back to your constituencies and prepare for Goverment! (1 Viewer)

martcov

I was a teacher. That was my job. You're a dirty old perv. I'd you are implying my relationship with children was unhealthy, you need to inform the authorities and the police. You won't do that because it's the usual shite. You on the other hand, have bragged of a liking for girls in their early 20s when you are 64 years old.
Perfectly legal, but a bit vile.

You’re the one who said I was talking about 18 year old girls. I said I wasn’t. You replied, so they are all 18. who? And wtf are you about anyway? And why do you mainly comment on me, my life, my views and very little else? You’re just a troll and think you’ve found someone you can bully. Twat.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I didn’t say all Romanians are in prostitution or are beggars. There were a lot a few years ago. I spent several holidays there with my Romanian friends. There were a lot of poor people and many ended up in that position. Some left for the UK and warn a living doing things like car washing. I don’t endorse slavery and you’re a troll for saying ever more slanderous and stupid things. Now fxxk off.
I've got loads of Bulgarian and Hungarian mates here in the UK. They are treated almost like slaves.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You’re the one who said I was talking about 18 year old girls. I said I wasn’t. You replied, so they are all 18. who? And wtf are you about anyway? And why do you mainly comment on me, my life, my views and very little else? You’re just a troll and think you’ve found someone you can bully. Twat.
You implied i had a less than healthy attitude towards young children with whom I worked. You'll get far more grief from me that you have up to now and you deserve every bit of it. Call me a troll . You are just a dirty bastard .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I am saying what I know. And yes people are being exploited.
I'm saying what I know. Exploitation on a massive scale. Slave labour living in filthy conditions , 10 in a 2 bed house is common.

martcov

You implied i had a less than healthy attitude towards young children with whom I worked. You'll get far more grief from me that you have up to now and you deserve every bit of it. Call me a troll . You are just a dirty bastard .

No mate. Grendel started that. You are trolling me on the internet and trying to bully me. Teachers don’t do that to the best of my knowledge. I would say you were one shit teacher, if you were one. I don’t know why you are calling me a pervert because I said there were some attractive girls around. If I were younger I would try my luck, but I’m not. There are some very nice girls where I am now. Looking forward to seeing them at the weekend at the festival where I will be. Music, beer, lovely people... and you will be trolling me on the internet as you always do on sad trolling weekends. Off for a beer and a nice meal now.. cheers. Happy trolling.

Grendel

Has he got dysexia?

You call so many people an idiot you are bound to do it sometimes.

What’s dysexia - a skin rash?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No mate. Grendel started that. You are trolling me on the internet and trying to bully me. Teachers don’t do that to the best of my knowledge. I would say you were one shit teacher, if you were one. I don’t know why you are calling me a pervert because I said there were some attractive girls around. If I were younger I would try my luck, but I’m not. There are some very nice girls where I am now. Looking forward to seeing them at the weekend at the festival where I will be. Music, beer, lovely people... and you will be trolling me on the internet as you always do on sad trolling weekends. Off for a beer and a nice meal now.. cheers. Happy trolling.
I couldn't care less what you say, pervert. A 64 year old already looking forward to young girls at the weekend. It's funny the way you continually bang on about what a great time you're having. Noone else on this site does that. I wonder why that is ? They don't need to, perhaps, but if by doing so it does wonders for your insecurity then knock yourself out old man .

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Can the Eu through a treaty ratified in Brussels agree to automatic fiscal and monetary union across Europe with zero ability of individual member states to change this providing the elected MEPs sanction it?

There's the fly in the Grendel ointment.

Grendel

There's the fly in the Grendel ointment.

Well of course it isn’t is it as the European Union is controlled by a handful of states. The Lisbon treaty was signed at ratified without any consent by member states parliaments at all and is completely irreversible

If Boris Johnson introduced an act of parliament which say raised income tax to 30% for those on lower incomes and then said its irreversible would you just say - “well MPs voted for it”

Brighton Sky Blue

Well of course it isn’t is it as the European Union is controlled by a handful of states. The Lisbon treaty was signed at ratified without any consent by member states parliaments at all and is completely irreversible

If Boris Johnson introduced an act of parliament which say raised income tax to 30% for those on lower incomes and then said its irreversible would you just say - “well MPs voted for it”

No my point is that the safeguard against terrible legislation is the same in both systems. Our own politicians have done much more harm to the country than European ones.

Grendel

No my point is that the safeguard against terrible legislation is the same in both systems. Our own politicians have done much more harm to the country than European ones.

Totally disagree

Grendel

Obviously. Let's go through some of the Tories' landmark achievements since 2010...

If you don’t like this achievements you can remove the government and insert another like one who wants to spend £100 billion on the railways for pure ideology

Brighton Sky Blue

If you don’t like this achievements you can remove the government and insert another like one who wants to spend £100 billion on the railways for pure ideology

It would cost nothing to get the railways back as they are just leased out to private tender. HS2 however, really is a colossal waste of money on an ideological project

clint van damme

It would cost nothing to get the railways back as they are just leased out to private tender. HS2 however, really is a colossal waste of money on an ideological project

Correct. As long as they let the current franchises expire.
The royal mail wouldn't cost a great deal either, it's the utilities that would cost a fortune.

Grendel

That’s not labour policy - the policy is to do
It in a five year parliament by buying back the franchise tenders

clint van damme

That’s not labour policy - the policy is to do
It in a five year parliament by buying back the franchise tenders

No, they said the would do it as current franchise ran out, that was in the manifesto but McDonnell said he would look if it was plausible to do it in 5 years using break clauses.
It wasn't a commitment.

Grendel

No, they said the would do it as current franchise ran out, that was in the manifesto but McDonnell said he would look if it was plausible to do it in 5 years using break clauses.
It wasn't a commitment.

Then it’s a gimmick that cannot be delivered

Grendel

It could easily be delivered in part....

Which isn’t nationalisation and most operators have 10 year franchises - and if a Tory government replaces a labour one the process will be reversed

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

East coast has been state run in the last few years.
I dont think getting them under state control is so much the issue, it's running them profitably.

I agree, but I don't think the issue should be running them profitably, but at break-even. They're infrastructure that should be there as an enabler for other parts of the economy. Running trains on time and less cancelled services are more important than profit. Any 'profit' should be reinvested on repairs and upgrades.

This is where the privatisation thing doesn't work very well. As long as they're running a profit all the other stuff doesn't matter - it is run for its own benefit not an overall benefit for the country or the people. Money goes out of the system to private investors, many of whom are already extraordinarily wealthy not back into making improvements. There is no reason why the cost efficiencies used by private sector companies cannot be used in the public sector - its a matter of making those running the railways use them and being more 'business like' in their thinking regarding costs.

Of course part of the problem has been that those most desiring of nationalised railways are also a big part of the reason we no longer have them - the unions.

clint van damme

I agree, but I don't think the issue should be running them profitably, but at break-even. They're infrastructure that should be there as an enabler for other parts of the economy. Running trains on time and less cancelled services are more important than profit. Any 'profit' should be reinvested on repairs and upgrades.

This is where the privatisation thing doesn't work very well. As long as they're running a profit all the other stuff doesn't matter - it is run for its own benefit not an overall benefit for the country or the people. Money goes out of the system to private investors, many of whom are already extraordinarily wealthy not back into making improvements. There is no reason why the cost efficiencies used by private sector companies cannot be used in the public sector - its a matter of making those running the railways use them and being more 'business like' in their thinking regarding costs.

Of course part of the problem has been that those most desiring of nationalised railways are also a big part of the reason we no longer have them - the unions.

Wouldn't disagree with that.
Though there are currently state owned foreign rail and utility companies who are so successfully that not only are they profitable, but they invest their profits in our privacy owned rail and utility companies and take dividends from them. You would have thought the take back control mob would be up in arms!

NorthernWisdom

Wouldn't disagree with that.
Though there are currently state owned foreign rail and utility companies who are so successfully that not only are they profitable, but they invest their profits in our privacy owned rail and utility companies and take dividends from them. You would have thought the take back control mob would be up in arms!
It always used to be cross-subsidisation, that the profitable rail routes would subsidise the loss making. Problem is now the government still has to subsidise loss-making routes, but profits are put into private hands for the others!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It always used to be cross-subsidisation, that the profitable rail routes would subsidise the loss making. Problem is now the government still has to subsidise loss-making routes, but profits are put into private hands for the others!

Part of me does think it's a shame that the govt can't use the 'market' as a way of showing the system doesn't work - rather than bailing out the loss making ones just let them not run at all. Let's see how those backing privatisation react when those routes they use are no longer running because it's not in the private companies interests,

If there is profit to be made, why shouldn't the country overall get that benefit or use it to improve the system, thus making Britain more attractive to investment?

Sadly, the train companies know that as infrastructure the govt can't allow that to happen so they can be a bit complacent. Profits we get to keep, if there's a loss no worries as someone else will pick up the tab.

NorthernWisdom

If there is profit to be made, why shouldn't the country overall get that benefit or use it to improve the system, thus making Britain more attractive to investment?
I found it very strange when they privatised water. Run by monopolies (bad according to capitalism, but not like I can go to a different supplier!) but the profits go out of the country in part.

Some of the utilities are very odd, as they're owned, or have been owned, by state owned utility companies from other countries!

Users who are viewing this thread