Go back to your constituencies and prepare for Goverment! (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Given the closeness of the vote a soft brexit would probably have been the best outcome, it takes us out of the union like 52% wanted but keeps some of the benefits like the 48% wanted. Instead we've ended up with hairline faction on both sides where some are standing with their backs to things they don't like and others happy to parade around in "bollocks to brexit" t-shirts when they should be doing some proper work to sort out the multitudes problems we have.

The country is a laughing stock.

Look we have a 700,000 comment thread already in off topic about this, but I'm sorry even if remain won by 1 vote, I'd have said remain won move on and looked again in a few years

NorthernWisdom

Given the closeness of the vote a soft brexit would probably have been the best outcome, it takes us out of the union like 52% wanted but keeps some of the benefits like the 48% wanted. Instead we've ended up with hairline faction on both sides where some are standing with their backs to things they don't like and others happy to parade around in "bollocks to brexit" t-shirts when they should be doing some proper work to sort out the multitudes problems we have.

The problem I do have is the compromise effectively leaves us much as we are now, but taking away our influence, which seems highly irrational to me.

The extreme no deal is suicidal however.

I'm not sure there is a way forward other than to say look, this is what we now know having tried to change things, which way do you want us to go? There'll be a sizeable portion unhappy whatever the result, but there's a sizeable portion unhappy now, too!

skybluetony176

In tribute to Boris I predict we will do a league 1 and FA cup double next season.

Any City fan questioning that and quoting playing budgets, tactical acumen of the manager, ability of the squad and decreased crowds due to being booted out of the Ricoh is just been negative, all we need is positive thinking!!

You’re going to feel really silly when just being positive was enough to achieve all that ;)

skybluetony176

They’re about as far from open and tolerant as you can get.

They’re an undemocratic bunch of shysters, now led by a scruffy looking 40 year old woman………………………………………..

Ah the irony of that post on the day the new PM has just been elected by less than 0.4% of the population.? That’s before you even get into mentioning the definition of scruffy when in the dictionary under scruffy it says see Boris.

fatso

Ah the irony of that post on the day the new PM has just been elected by less than 0.4% of the population.? That’s before you even get into mentioning the definition of scruffy when in the dictionary under scruffy it says see Boris.
He's been elected by his parties membership, (by following due process) not the population, the populus voted the Tories in at the last election.
Do try and keep up!

fatso

No, it’s a new word, it’s like populace, only slightly different!
To be honest, it’s hard trying to type on a tiny phone while driving this coach full of children down the m40!

martcov

In tribute to Boris I predict we will do a league 1 and FA cup double next season.

Any City fan questioning that and quoting playing budgets, tactical acumen of the manager, ability of the squad and decreased crowds due to being booted out of the Ricoh is just been negative, all we need is positive thinking!!

Believe!

martcov

The red lines from the government blew compromise and bringing the country together out of the water.

Now we’re at no deal,there is no going back. Remain or bust.

Grendel

The problem I do have is the compromise effectively leaves us much as we are now, but taking away our influence, which seems highly irrational to me.

The extreme no deal is suicidal however.

I'm not sure there is a way forward other than to say look, this is what we now know having tried to change things, which way do you want us to go? There'll be a sizeable portion unhappy whatever the result, but there's a sizeable portion unhappy now, too!

We have no influence in Eu strategy. A treaty could overnight force the country into fiscal and monetary union overnight. The veto was massively watered down by the Lisbon treaty which we had no say in.

The uk has zero influence and never will. It voted for a FTA with major countries in the 70’s and has never wanted any more than this

Grendel

I will now expand. You have made a specific reference to the fact of influence.

I will ask you this. If the European Council voted as a majority tomorrow for the following;

- An EU Army (which the £9m publication of lies said will not happen) is introduced
- A complete commonality of fiscal and monetary union of all member states (which actually in reality on the monetary side is a Veto removal for the UK on the Euro)
- A change in the contributor rules which would double our contribution through a treaty which changed the formula calculation?

In what way would we have an influence on this bearing in mind the fact that the largest party in the parliament is the Brexit Party?

I'd be fascinated to know your logic. I'd also be fascinated to know something else. Its a very hot day so I decided someone else would wash my car. There were several Romanians washing my car - young men and women. They did not seem to me to be having a great job satisfaction. I have never witnessed fruit picking in Lincolnshire but I would guess its a similar rewarding experiencing for those who eat the fruit. So my question to you is - is this the great symbol of the EU and its freedom of movement? Because to me it really is. A pro EU poster thought it was clever to snigger how Bristol and its colonial heritage came into being. Well I would suggest if you travel to Romania or Poland you probably will not find a UK citizen who has benefited from having his car washed in dirty conditions or his fruit picked in a back breaking way by an 18 year old from Cambridge or Coventry.

Not that it is exploitation of the EU few against the deprived and exploited many

Of course not

Enjoy your strawberries

NorthernWisdom

I will ask you this. If the European Council voted as a majority tomorrow for the following;

- An EU Army (which the £9m publication of lies said will not happen) is introduced
- A complete commonality of fiscal and monetary union of all member states (which actually in reality on the monetary side is a Veto removal for the UK on the Euro)
- A change in the contributor rules which would double our contribution through a treaty which changed the formula calculation?

In what way would we have an influence on this bearing in mind the fact that the largest party in the parliament is the Brexit Party?

I'd be fascinated to know your logic. I'd also be fascinated to know something else. Its a very hot day so I decided someone else would wash my car. There were several Romanians washing my car - young men and women. They did not seem to me to be having a great job satisfaction. I have never witnessed fruit picking in Lincolnshire but I would guess its a similar rewarding experiencing for those who eat the fruit. So my question to you is - is this the great symbol of the EU and its freedom of movement? Because to me it really is. A pro EU poster thought it was clever to snigger how Bristol and its colonial heritage came into being. Well I would suggest if you travel to Romania or Poland you probably will not find a UK citizen who has benefited from having his car washed in dirty conditions or his fruit picked in a back breaking way by an 18 year old from Cambridge or Coventry.

Not that it is exploitation of the EU few against the deprived and exploited many

Of course not

Enjoy your strawberries
You're falling into the trap of thinking anybody who doesn't want us to leave thinks it's perfect.

Grendel

You're falling into the trap of thinking anybody who doesn't want us to leave thinks it's perfect.

No you are falling into a trap that we can influence EU thinking. Explain under its constitution how we can

Grendel

Currently we have a voice.

If we leave we do not.

It really isn;t a difficult concept!

So stop trying to create binaries (almost wilful stumbling)

So if we are as a country totally against any increased fiscal and currency integration can we ensure this will never happen?

If you were in the USSR and lived in a country other than Russia would you change it?

Also change what? You applaud EU freedom of movement - which is capitalist exploitation of the low paid doing slave labour in the contributing countries. As these countries dictate the parliament how would you change this exploitation?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Currently we have a voice.

If we leave we do not.

It really isn;t a difficult concept!

So stop trying to create binaries (almost wilful stumbling)
Do we have a voice now ?

martcov

We have no influence in Eu strategy. A treaty could overnight force the country into fiscal and monetary union overnight. The veto was massively watered down by the Lisbon treaty which we had no say in.

The uk has zero influence and never will. It voted for a FTA with major countries in the 70’s and has never wanted any more than this

Absolute BS. We had a say in everything. We are/ were a leading power. The SM is our baby, which we are now scrapping.. madness. Agencies gone. Maritime cooperation gone from London. Need it now though otherwise we could get sucked into the next US war.

martcov

So if we are as a country totally against any increased fiscal and currency integration can we ensure this will never happen?

If you were in the USSR and lived in a country other than Russia would you change it?

Also change what? You applaud EU freedom of movement - which is capitalist exploitation of the low paid doing slave labour in the contributing countries. As these countries dictate the parliament how would you change this exploitation?

We have an opt out of the EUro. We have a veto on taxation. FOM is not capitalist exploitation. If it were the Tories would insist on keeping it. Actually Rees Mogg wants to replace it, after a brief pause to satisfy the racists, with ROW migration which is not covered by EU minimum standards. He said we should ask our commonwealth migrants to bring their families. Don’t even come the anti capitalism bit. Brexit is tearing up regulations, reducing tax for the people who pay the most, and diluting workers rights. As to the NHS, pay for your health treatment losers. Brexit is the hedge fund owners‘ wet dream. Won’t affect you. You get your 3 grand after tax pension, drive a Jag and own your house ( I think ). So you can try and distract to the evil capitalist EUSSR, 4. Reich, or whatever the flavour of the week is.. you’re ok.

martcov

Do we have a voice now ?

Yes, of course we do. In the Council, and we have people like Widdecombe who compared Brexit to a slave rebellion, Tice and the Leader. They turn their backs on the parliament, complain about a fleet of Skoda cars and being given free Belgian chocolate as a welcoming gift. What more say could you wish for?

Grendel

Absolute BS. We had a say in everything. We are/ were a leading power. The SM is our baby, which we are now scrapping.. madness. Agencies gone. Maritime cooperation gone from London. Need it now though otherwise we could get sucked into the next US war.

So who is the biggest party in the EU parliament?

Grendel

We have an opt out of the EUro. We have a veto on taxation. FOM is not capitalist exploitation. If it were the Tories would insist on keeping it. Actually Rees Mogg wants to replace it, after a brief pause to satisfy the racists, with ROW migration which is not covered by EU minimum standards. He said we should ask our commonwealth migrants to bring their families. Don’t even come the anti capitalism bit. Brexit is tearing up regulations, reducing tax for the people who pay the most, and diluting workers rights. As to the NHS, pay for your health treatment losers. Brexit is the hedge fund owners‘ wet dream. Won’t affect you. You get your 3 grand after tax pension, drive a Jag and own your house ( I think ). So you can try and distract to the evil capitalist EUSSR, 4. Reich, or whatever the flavour of the week is.. you’re ok.

Can the Eu through a treaty ratified in Brussels agree to automatic fiscal and monetary union across Europe with zero ability of individual member states to change this providing the elected MEPs sanction it?

Grendel

CDU from 1 country. They are aligned with other parties in a group. How many parties are aligned with BXP?

Which individual party in one country has the most seats?

martcov

Of course not

Enjoy your strawberries

The council can do what they want, but we have opt outs and vetos.

Are the Romanians happier washing cars for a few quid an hour, or begging or selling their bodies?

They are doing jobs that we stopped doing when automatic car washes replaced hand washed cars. Our people didn’t want to hand wash cars.

Fruit picking is an income. Living on social isn’t.

Fair play to them.

martcov

Which individual party in one country has the most seats?

On your favorite definition of the EU, after 4. Reich, EUSSR, this is how Lithuania Commissioner describes Boris‘ leave campaign: „Almost ironically, without comparing the UK itself with the USSR because it is not comparable, I can’t think of a better golden standard than the USSR in terms of fact distortion, reality falsification and blunt oblivions of reality.”

Grendel

The council can do what they want, but we have opt outs and vetos.

Are the Romanians happier washing cars for a few quid an hour, or begging or selling their bodies?

They are doing jobs that we stopped doing when automatic car washes replaced hand washed cars. Our people didn’t want to hand wash cars.

Fruit picking is an income. Living on social isn’t.

Fair play to them.

Incredible

Grendel

On your favorite definition of the EU, after 4. Reich, EUSSR, this is how Lithuania Commissioner describes Boris‘ leave campaign: „Almost ironically, without comparing the UK itself with the USSR because it is not comparable, I can’t think of a better golden standard than the USSR in terms of fact distortion, reality falsification and blunt oblivions of reality.”

Answer the question

Users who are viewing this thread