Go back to your constituencies and prepare for Goverment! (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Yes they can as they can implement a treaty to reduce powers of individual states to vote against it

Sick Boy

Given the closeness of the vote a soft brexit would probably have been the best outcome, it takes us out of the union like 52% wanted but keeps some of the benefits like the 48% wanted. Instead we've ended up with hairline faction on both sides where some are standing with their backs to things they don't like and others happy to parade around in "bollocks to brexit" t-shirts when they should be doing some proper work to sort out the multitudes problems we have.

The country is a laughing stock.

I’ve long suggested the EEA option as a fair and reasonable compromise that is reflective of the vote.

Grendel

They cannot remove vetos.

They can change the way a veto is granted which makes it worthless as per the aforementioned treaty

martcov

I’ve long suggested the EEA option as a fair and reasonable compromise that is reflective of the vote.

It may have worked 3 years ago, but we have seen what happened to May‘s treaty. The ERG are not there to make compromises. After all that has been said and done, it ain’t goin to happen.

Grendel

The veto is not going to granted. It exists and can’t be removed without unanimous consent.

How many ways are they to vote around a veto?

Astute

The council can do what they want, but we have opt outs and vetos.
Which one is it?

And do you remember when they were talking about removing the veto and you said it would be a good thing?

martcov

Which one is it?

And do you remember when they were talking about removing the veto and you said it would be a good thing?

Opt out: Euro and Schengen

Veto: there are many, but defence and taxation are 2 important ones.

Astute

Which Veto?
Yes which veto.

So are they all different? Would we lose certain ones but keep others? Because it sounded like a veto is a veto and our veto would be lost.

The UK wouldn't let the EU army through. We used our veto. Some in the EU see us leaving as the chance to take forward the EU army. Saves them taking away THE veto.

martcov

Yes which veto.

So are they all different? Would we lose certain ones but keep others? Because it sounded like a veto is a veto and our veto would be lost.

The UK wouldn't let the EU army through. We used our veto. Some in the EU see us leaving as the chance to take forward the EU army. Saves them taking away THE veto.

We have several vetos.The EU needs unanimous decisions to pass laws on certain subjects. If they know there is not consensus, what’s the point of having a vote. Now that we are leaving, the country most likely to use it’s veto is gone. I think they will have some countries in and some like Ireland, Denmark or Malta will never join. But there will be no objections from the UK to this, so it can go ahead.

Grendel

We have several vetos.The EU needs unanimous decisions to pass laws on certain subjects. If they know there is not consensus, what’s the point of having a vote. Now that we are leaving, the country most likely to use it’s veto is gone. I think they will have some countries in and some like Ireland, Denmark or Malta will never join. But there will be no objections from the UK to this, so it can go ahead.

It can change those unanimous laws though in a treaty can’t it

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When it has unanimous consent. Which means everyone has the right not to consent. A veto on doing away with vetos.
Old Age Pervert, I see you've just trolled me out of the blue on another thread with an unnecessary comment. Of course that means I'll have to step things up later on.. But nice to see you're still spouting the same self promoting tosh on here as on the EU thread, when you could have reinvented yourself. One trick pony.

martcov

Old Age Pervert, I see you've just trolled me out of the blue on another thread with an unnecessary comment. Of course that means I'll have to step things up later on.. But nice to see you're still spouting the same self promoting tosh on here as on the EU thread, when you could have reinvented yourself. One trick pony.

What are you on about now? Self promoting tosch? Pervert? You are just trolling me on whatever thread I am on. You really are sick. Troll off.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What are you on about now? Self promoting tosch? Pervert? You are just trolling me on whatever thread I am on. You really are sick. Troll off.
Lock up your daughters. And your grandaughters.

Grendel

Why? Or are joining in slandering people you don’t know? He is the one who worked with boys and girls. Not me.

You’ve slandered him by implications and bragged about sexual conquests - your an idiot

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You’ve slandered him by implications and bragged about sexual conquests - your an idiot
....and , I know modesty would have him deny it, a bit of a top troll.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why? Or are joining in slandering people you don’t know? He is the one who worked with boys and girls. Not me.
I was a teacher. That was my job. You're a dirty old perv. I'd you are implying my relationship with children was unhealthy, you need to inform the authorities and the police. You won't do that because it's the usual shite. You on the other hand, have bragged of a liking for girls in their early 20s when you are 64 years old.
Perfectly legal, but a bit vile.

Last edited:

torchomatic

They’re about as far from open and tolerant as you can get.

They’re an undemocratic bunch of shysters, now led by a scruffy looking 40 year old woman………………………………………..

Haha, the best you can do is attack her appearance. Pathetic.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I like irony. That was top irony. Three words to call someone an idiot and getting one wrong. Otherwise I let spelling and grammar go.
Haha, Yes I know. I do that kind of thing all the time. Someone always spots it.

SIR ERNIE

Haha, the best you can do is attack her appearance. Pathetic.

Oh dear, if you think that’s an attack you really do need to get out more.
She is scruffy…in my opinion of course.

If you want to disagree that’s fine by me…each to their own.

Grendel

I like irony. That was top irony. Three words to call someone an idiot and getting one wrong. Otherwise I let spelling and grammar go.

So someone with dyslexia is an idiot?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The council can do what they want, but we have opt outs and vetos.

Are the Romanians happier washing cars for a few quid an hour, or begging or selling their bodies?

They are doing jobs that we stopped doing when automatic car washes replaced hand washed cars. Our people didn’t want to hand wash cars.

Fruit picking is an income. Living on social isn’t.

Fair play to them.
Jesus Christ you make things up just to suit your arguments. So all Romanians washing cars were beggers or prostitutes?
No one in the UK washes their own cars. Everyone in the UK needs strawberries 24/7.
And if course, there's no exploitative eastern European gangmaster at the helm ensuring they have satisfactory living conditions and workers rights. You clearly endorse this.

Grendel

Jesus Christ you make things up just to suit your arguments. So all Romanians washing cars were beggers or prostitutes?
No one in the UK washes their own cars. Everyone in the UK needs strawberries 24/7.
And if course, there's no exploitative eastern European gangmaster at the helm ensuring they have satisfactory living conditions and workers rights. You clearly endorse this.

It’s racism pure and simple

martcov

No I haven’t. You brought up pedophilia, I was on about him stalking and trolling me on the internet. He was a teacher, apparently, and the teachers I have met here would be in trouble if this bullying came out. You mentioned pedophilia. You keep mentioning boys.

martcov

I didn’t say all Romanians are in prostitution or are beggars. There were a lot a few years ago. I spent several holidays there with my Romanian friends. There were a lot of poor people and many ended up in that position. Some left for the UK and warn a living doing things like car washing. I don’t endorse slavery and you’re a troll for saying ever more slanderous and stupid things. Now fxxk off.

Users who are viewing this thread