Glory Hunters (5 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4232

pics or it never happened.

coundonskyblue

I live in Scandinavia near the arctic circle and find it hard to get to matches nowadays. Also, having lost me job a few years back have t decide whether I should have a bit of fun following my beloved sky blues or me kids going without.
"Fuck it" I said last Wedenesday, "I'm going up the City" and slammed the door on the bewildered faces of my starving family.
I immediately regretted the decision as the blizzard coming down the mountain was terrible but after a nine hour trek I made the pier.
The ferry was another two hours so I wiled away the time recalling forward lines from the sixties and seventies.......Ernie Hannigan......what a shot he had on him.
There was no berths available on the boat but I calculated that if I could save a few more pennies I might buy me youngest a city scarf for Christmas.
The seas were mountainous and several times I feared we wouldn't make the mainland at all so you can imagine my relief when finally the headland came into view.
Ashore I was greeted with the news that the direct route to the airport was blocked by an avalanche and that I'd have to get the coach further north to pick up a higher road which was still clear.
It was touch and go whether I'd make the Oslo plane but I decided that I'd come this far so I might as well press on.
Luckily the Oslo flight was delayed by the bad weather and I boarded with five minutes to spare.
The onward flight to Stansted was also delayed but I calculated that I'd still just have time to make the match providing I could find a taxi willing to take me to the Ricoh.
I finally landed in the UK at 11 am on the morning of the match and wasn't feeling too well as I was anxious about how I was going to pay for the taxi - I was low on cash and my cards were pretty much maxed out.
Down to my last few notes I finally made the Longford Engine and had a drink before the short walk along canal to ground.
I was just about to buy my ticket when I felt faint, collapsed and woke up in hospital.
I realise I am not a real supporter like some of you....indeed I am not worthy of the name "supporter" at all as I only get to about ten games a year but if any of you could spare me a stub from yesterday I'd be grateful.:pimp::wave:

If you were a real fan you would have brought your kids with you, sold them in London to a chimney sweeper, and then donated the money to the club.

htb24

I was at the Arlesey and the Morcambe match, mainly because it was so cheap. It's better for the club if more people go to the bigger games as that is more money for us which is good!

Black6Osprey

We will sell out against Spurs. I used to love going to their ground. Most of their fans are sound. Not been to their ground for about 14 years though.

The last time I went to Spurs was when Mo Konjic came on as a sub for his debut. I think it was 0-0 but don't quote me.

skybluesteve76

I can see all sides. I understand why people don't go anymore. I understand those that just pick and chose. I understand those that still go week in week out.

covcity4life

the glory fans are annoying sure but at the end of the day dont we want to see the ricoh filled or away support swelled?

i look back to chelsea quarter final,lots of silly convos about"where are we in the league" etc but in the end it was a brilliant day with an awesome atmopshere

long term we all want to see the ricoh full, not all those fans will be hardcore as we all know

Sky Blue Kid

OSB, Georgehudson, myself, have followed CCFC from when we were the "Bantams" then "Sky Blues"....Been Season ticket holders, and have "Sat", "Stood", in most parts of HR. Up to 18-24months ago followed the Sky Blues both home and away. I now follow them to away games only, refusing to give this "Shower of Shit Owners" my money.
Do you class me as being "Not a real supporter?"...Tbh...........I couldn't give a shit!

All these fans that only go when we win make me sick. A REAL football fan goes to everygame, hot or cold, win or lose. They spend their har earned money on the team they love. I dragged my ass to the Ricoh on Saturday in the freezing cold to see a Cup game against Morecombe which we only won by one goal. That is a real fan. Not one that only goes when we start winning like all those hypcrites that went to the Portsmouth game and never came back. Thats just my opinion. I'ms sure you guys have differant views, but i say a TRUE SKY BLUE goes to every game possible and supports their team thru thick and thin

dadgad

Every club has as many different types of fan.
To even begin to categorise them as being either 'good' or 'not as good as me' etc. is brainless.
Get real and accept that people's needs can change.
Fact of life.

skybluesteve76

OSB, Georgehudson, myself, have followed CCFC from when we were the "Bantams" then "Sky Blues"....Been Season ticket holders, and have "Sat", "Stood", in most parts of HR. Up to 18-24months ago followed the Sky Blues both home and away. I now follow them to away games only, refusing to give this "Shower of Shit Owners" my money.
Do you class me as being "Not a real supporter?"...Tbh...........I couldn't give a shit!

No I don't class you as a real supporter! But we've had this conversation before!

Sky Blue Kid

skybluesteve76 says....
I can see all sides. I understand why people don't go anymore. I understand those that just pick and chose. I understand those that still go week in week out.

Sky Bue Kid says...
I think you're a hypocritical twat, as well as
I think you're like thrush...an irritating c**t!....but then...we've had that convo before!

Sky Blue Kid

Sorry my "L" key didn't work properly on my last post...but my "skybluesteve76 is a twat":jerkit: button did

coundonskyblue

In my opinion a 'real fan' is someone who would do anything within their power to substantially help the club.

If I had a billion pounds I would be happy to buy shitsu out and transform the club. I would hope all those on here would do the same if they could afford to.

However if I go to a game or not isn't really going to affect the club either way.

ICHAN

This old chestnut again.

I used to go to every game years ago, home and away no matter what, but I was younger then with no commitments, didn't matter if it was raining, snowing or whatever I went.

However circumstances change, people move away, more important things come into there lives like putting a roof over their's and their families head.

However, when I used to go for years on end, I didn't give a shit how many went or how many suddenly started turning up when we started winning, especially the cup winning year.
As long as I went, didn't want no I'm a hero badge because I used to go up game after game, it was what me and my mates did in the football season, go and watch CCFC because that was what we did, be it a Tuesday night against Wimbledon at Selhurst Park (When we could find the ground) or at Highfield road on a snowy freezing saturday afternoon, so what, that was our choice.

So who cares if an extra Thousand go, more the merrier adds to the atmosphere of a great day supporting your team because you want to, not because you want some accolade of being a better fan.

On a side note, loved going to White Hart Lane great atmosphere especially after 87. :)

So because I have other commitments now, and live further away than I used to, I don't go anymore, wish I could, but I have better things to spend what money I do have on than football, so if that makes me less of a fan then so be it, don't give a shit because I know I support the team from where I grew up always will, and gave my years of commitment years ago.
Will the people, now moaning about being a better fan than the next person be going when they may have lost there job and have a family to look after? We shall wait and see?

Last edited:

Astute

All these fans that only go when we win make me sick. A REAL football fan goes to everygame, hot or cold, win or lose. They spend their har earned money on the team they love. I dragged my ass to the Ricoh on Saturday in the freezing cold to see a Cup game against Morecombe which we only won by one goal. That is a real fan. Not one that only goes when we start winning like all those hypcrites that went to the Portsmouth game and never came back. Thats just my opinion. I'ms sure you guys have differant views, but i say a TRUE SKY BLUE goes to every game possible and supports their team thru thick and thin

I have only seen us lose once in ages.....against Arsenal. Seen lots of draws as well as some wins. Does that make me a shit supporter? I am seen as a lucky charm by quite a few. Would go to more games but it normally costs me a couple of hundred quid a game with fuel, ticket, beer tokens and hotel and I also work shifts. When I lived in Cov I did nearly every game home and away. I now have 7 kids. Wife don't work as youngest was 3 last week. Next one was 4 last month. Don't get benefits of any kind. When wife goes back to work I will make even more games. I will be a shit supporter until then. Will just manage my approx 10 games a season until then.

Say what you want. I am doing my bit as much as I can.

skybluesteve76

I think anyone that spends there hard earned to follow this football club at all deserves a massive pat on the back to be honest. Fair play to anyone that's gone to a game this season. No one is any more if a supporter than anyone else. Unless you don't go at all, then I don't know how you call yourself a supporter, I'd say your more of a fan?!

ICHAN

Even though I may not go anymore I still buy the odd bit of merchandise, and subscribe to Iplayer, OK I'm a fan if thats what it makes me, doesn't mean I don't support CCFC.
Sorry I just don't get this I'm a better supporter than the next person, we all want the club to succeed who follow CCFC, some may just live closer and have some disposable money to spend on going up the match to watch the team, i have been away when there were proberly 300 max at the game, made me no better than those who were at Highfield Road the next game

I have only seen us lose once in ages.....against Arsenal. Seen lots of draws as well as some wins. Does that make me a shit supporter? I am seen as a lucky charm by quite a few. Would go to more games but it normally costs me a couple of hundred quid a game with fuel, ticket, beer tokens and hotel and I also work shifts. When I lived in Cov I did nearly every game home and away. I now have 7 kids. Wife don't work as youngest was 3 last week. Next one was 4 last month. Don't get benefits of any kind. When wife goes back to work I will make even more games. I will be a shit supporter until then. Will just manage my approx 10 games a season until then.

I would hitchhike to every game if i had too. i understand that it is difficult for some fans to get to games what with work and travel problems, but the fans who can go every week who chose not to unless we're winning are a disgrace.

covcity4life

i know we got alot of glory fans for chelsea at home but i doubt too many real fans would miss out on a 40k allocation at wembley

i may be wrong though

Astute

I would hitchhike to every game if i had too. i understand that it is difficult for some fans to get to games what with work and travel problems, but the fans who can go every week who chose not to unless we're winning are a disgrace.

How many away games have you hitched a lift to?

OOOOPS forgot you haven't been to an away game for 10 years :D

cloughie

This old chestnut again.

I used to go to every game years ago, home and away no matter what, but I was younger then with no commitments, didn't matter if it was raining, snowing or whatever I went.

However circumstances change, people move away, more important things come into there lives like putting a roof over their's and their families head.

However, when I used to go for years on end, I didn't give a shit how many went or how many suddenly started turning up when we started winning, especially the cup winning year.
As long as I went, didn't want no I'm a hero badge because I used to go up game after game, it was what me and my mates did in the football season, go and watch CCFC because that was what we did, be it a Tuesday night against Wimbledon at Selhurst Park (When we could find the ground) or at Highfield road on a snowy freezing saturday afternoon, so what, that was our choice.

So who cares if an extra Thousand go, more the merrier adds to the atmosphere of a great day supporting your team because you want to, not because you want some accolade of being a better fan.

On a side note, loved going to White Hart Lane great atmosphere especially after 87. :)

So because I have other commitments now, and live further away than I used to, I don't go anymore, wish I could, but I have better things to spend what money I do have on than football, so if that makes me less of a fan then so be it, don't give a shit because I know I support the team from where I grew up always will, and gave my years of commitment years ago.
Will the people, now moaning about being a better fan than the next person be going when they may have lost there job and have a family to look after? We shall wait and see?

Spot on! Shame skyblue taylor hasn't read this

smileycov

Facebook User

Don't worry about the ticket, you need to buy a telly or something lol x

Astute

Or even stops going on about fans who don't make more effort when he never makes any effort to go to even local away games. I leave for some games at 4am, and we have fans that put a lot more effort into going than me. Got into trouble with my family once for missing a wedding for a game. Was an easy choice for me :D

Someone doing a big one on the matter won't make more people go when they can't make it. I see it more of a treat than a way of life now :(

A run like this is a great thing to get bums back on seats and if a small number of the so called glory hunters are entertained then they will return. FACT

Astute

I am a kid myself. Good to have others on my wavelength in the house ;)

Older ones all refuse to give us grandkids so we started again. More fun when you are older as I don't want to be in pubs n nightclubs all the time. That is why I love going to games. The problem is I am twice the age of most of them in the clubs :D

Astute

A run like this is a great thing to get bums back on seats and if a small number of the so called glory hunters are entertained then they will return. FACT

Or the ones that couldn't take any more :(

Users who are viewing this thread