Glory Hunters (1 Viewer)

thejinkingSakamoto

6000 proper fans there watching us win. Where was everyone else?

Last edited:

Sutty

Ultimately though, neither you or I have the right to decide how others should spend their money.

ps1948

SBB, all credit to you and the others who went today, and yes, there will be (hopefully) several thousand more on the gate if we (hopefully again) draw a big team and I'm not ashamed to say I would probably be one of them. I can only guess from your username that you have not had as many years of dross that myself and the other "missing thousands" have put up with, and hope that you will continue to support the team for many years.

Monkeyface

I'm not sure how you can call anybody who follows the Sky Blues a 'glory hunter', Fuck me we are thee most starved of 'glory' club in the world. In fact if it wasn't because football games are the only chance me and the lads get to meet up regular, I wouldn't go either. The football has been shite for years now, and its only very recently got a little bit better!
The only think that annoys me about 'glory hunters' is that I'll have to que for a piss!

Skyblueloyal

I went today as my wife was xmas shopping and said I should go. To be honest I wish I stayed in the warmth of my house watching England All Blacks game. I wont go whoever we get as I will be at 40th birthday party in Wales so unless we get someone away near there count me out

Skyblue4u

Here we go again. Another "I'm a better fan than you post", jeez give it a rest will ya. Some of us on here have been fans probably even before you were born but because we never went we are chewing gum on the bottom of your shoe, put another record on will ya?

Johnboy78

'The Glory Boys', 'jumping on the bandwagon'. Who are you and what have you done with the Coventry fan? You know the financial plight of the club, we should encourage anyone who wants to go to do so

LewSkyBlue

6000 "propper fans" ??? why are those 6000 the proper fans that went to an fa cup 2nd round tie against a lower league oposition (im sure that ticket prices were discounted too) our only propper fans?

skybluebeduff

Thread and post is misleading to be fair, judgmental without opinions/excuses/legitimate reasons to be shared before you slate the missing fans. :slap:

Astute

I am a shit Cov fan compared to many we have. I admit it.

You happy now?

12hr night shift last night, started tonight 5:30. I am over 4 hours away from Cov with clearish roads. Don't get to many games because of work and other commitments. I am not the only shit Cov fan for these reasons. But am I suddenly a good fan when I go to an away game and we have only taken about 500?

Nick

Administrator
People say on here that season ticket holders are ruining the club and then when they don't go they are ruining the club?

skybluegod

Well done? i don't see your point i traveled to hartlepool i didn't come on here and say where were the other 400 people that could have came. yes it was an away game but still. also some people work and can't get out of work every saturday so they may not be able to come every week but may want to see a good team play good football and some world class players.

LewSkyBlue

I am a shit Cov fan compared to many we have. I admit it.

You happy now?

12hr night shift last night, started tonight 5:30. I am over 4 hours away from Cov with clearish roads. Don't get to many games because of work and other commitments. I am not the only shit Cov fan for these reasons. But am I suddenly a good fan when I go to an away game and we have only taken about 500?

Totally agree. Just because i work most saturdays so dont go to many league games but when im off in the week and can make it to a cup game or an arsenal away i become a glory supporter? :thinking about:
but then nothing gets said when iv done 4/5 hour plus coach journeys to places such as carlisle, southampton, norwich etc etc

ohitsaidwalker king power

I've had a season ticket for 35 consecutive years.. it doesn't bother me one bit ... I have no more right to call myself a true supporter than the guy who only goes once or twice a year due to; work, family or finance...I'm a lucky guy.. I have a supporting family and a decent job to finance my sky blue habit..welcome aboard the bandwagon people... move along the bus OP.. we can accommodate many more....all welcome:wave:

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not sure how you can call anybody who follows the Sky Blues a 'glory hunter', feck me we are thee most starved of 'glory' club in the world. In fact if it wasn't because football games are the only chance me and the lads get to meet up regular, I wouldn't go either. The football has been shite for years now, and its only very recently got a little bit better!
The only think that annoys me about 'glory hunters' is that I'll have to que for a piss!

Essentially this.

Jonny

The queues for the toilet at half time are why I just hold it and go after the game in Tesco!

Anyway, I'll be there at the 3rd round game. I promised myself I'd get to as many games as I could this month as I'm not awfully busy like usual..

PVA

What difference does it make to you if people go to the big games but not matches like today?

They're not taking up tickets and preventing 'real fans' from going to the big matches because all those 'real fans' should have season tickets and therefore get priority on high demand matches over part time fans.

Daz

I go to away games ie York,Sheff Utd,Doncaster I hope we draw Leeds Utd because we had a great time in the championship against those fans. Glory boys rule ok:wave::wave::wave:

Baginton

This is how it goes, bigger the team, the better the crowd, I personally can't wait to see the Ricoh with a decent crowd.

Astute

Totally agree. Just because i work most saturdays so dont go to many league games but when im off in the week and can make it to a cup game or an arsenal away i become a glory supporter? :thinking about:
but then nothing gets said when iv done 4/5 hour plus coach journeys to places such as carlisle, southampton, norwich etc etc

Carlisle away is my closest game of the season :D

LewSkyBlue

Carlisle away is my closest game of the season :D

it wasnt for me! we had them a few years ago in the league cup round 2. me and my mate were both 15/16 and had the day off school and took the coach. took about 5.5 hours :eek: we won 2-0 though, think mifsud scored them both :D. then we got screwed over against west ham i think :(

Real

I went today, all wrapped up, freezing day, 6000 proper fans there watching us win. But when the draw is made tomorrow and we draw a good team, all the glory boys will return and jump on the bandwagon. It pi***s me off so much

Please don't mistake me for someone who gives a fuck.

shmmeee

Brilliant troll thread to draw out all those who didn't attend.

Dirt cheap today and Tuesday, if you don't go to at least one and you live locally and aren't working, then yes you are less of a fan than those that do.

Black6Osprey

As long as you enjoyed today then why do you care that the vast majority weren't there?

As long as you get your ticket if we get a big club in the next round why worry?

It's always been like this that games with little interest against lower league teams get low relative crowds.

I'm more of the opinion that I want more people to go as a full ground is a nice place to be and if we don't get more so called glory hunters then to be fair we are all going to be sitting in an empty stadium most of the time.

More success = bigger crowds. You can call them glory hunters if you want but every big club in the world are big because of success and people want to support successful teams.

Macca

Dirt cheap today and Tuesday, if you don't go to at least one and you live locally and aren't working, then yes you are less of a fan than those that do.

And less of a cock muncher

skybluegod

no i don't think they are less of fans really. it doesn't effect me really as i am going on tuesday but why would some fans come? some don't want to give money to sisu, some are tired of the crap we have to watch for the better part of 90 mins and some might just want to spend time with there families.

ggrady

This is bollocks didn't go today but went to first round and te people there around me hadn't been there all season. Games like today are all people who don't normally go going for cheap tickets

ampthill_sba

I went today, all wrapped up, freezing day, 6000 proper fans there watching us win. But when the draw is made tomorrow and we draw a good team, all the glory boys will return and jump on the bandwagon. It pi***s me off so much

Why would you waste time worrying about what other fans do?

I was there today and have been to many other glamorous ties this season such as Daggers away, home v Burton and away to Colchester and Brentford; but didn't get wound up about which people were there and which weren't!

If we draw a glamour club tomorrow and you get your ticket; I shouldn't worry about who else comes!

Users who are viewing this thread