Glory Hunters (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

Listen, I didn't mean to offend anybody, I appreciate some of you cannot make the match and i wish I'd have stayed at home, emotions were running high as I realised my friends, who only go to the big games will want to go to a big team.I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

No point trying to back track now when clearly you were having ago at the fans that never made it today, however, since you are a fellow sky blue and it's almost Christmas I forgive you ;)

Macca

All been blown totally out of proportion. Your all taking it too far and what your saying is out of order. Might leave the forum. As fellow fans, your acting like idiots.

Not much good if you can dish it out but can t take it.

hill83

To be fair to the Skyblueboy, I'm half with him on this. I hate the bellends asking for tickets when it's a 'big game' but laugh when I'm going to see us play Colchester or someone. He's clearly started this thread to vent about that sort of 'supporter' and not us who are involved enough to post daily on a Coventry city forum! You've all gone way overboard here.

Don't leave the forum fella. I couldn't make it today due to work unfortunately. But you are the sort of supporter we need.

Mucca Mad Boys

I was going to go, could've went, I'll tell the story in short.

Ask my boss, can I take 1hr early break, she says yes, come 2:50, I get ready to go, look in my coat pocket, my bag... No wallet! :facepalm:

Astute

Not surprised you didn't have room in your pocket for your wallet if your bag was in it :D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The queues for the toilet at half time are why I just hold it and go after the game in Tesco!

Anyway, I'll be there at the 3rd round game. I promised myself I'd get to as many games as I could this month as I'm not awfully busy like usual..

I don't bother queueing either. I just piss on the seat in front. Saves all the trouble of waiting in a queue! :D

Houchens Head

All been blown totally out of proportion. Your all taking it too far and what your saying is out of order. Might leave the forum. As fellow fans, your acting like idiots.

I'll catch your dummy as you leave!

Bye!

covcity4life

I didn't go, but I'm going Tuesday

Don't think a jpt match counts as glory supporting? Lol

My cousins bought like 8 tickets to Chelsea game even though they support Liverpool, was annoying but samebrhingbwill happen again if we get a plum draw. That's life

AFCCOVENTRY

Our club has been in decline through the recession.

The club has suffered for reasons well known and at the same time it's a huge expense for families to go to football games. People are losing jobs, just about meeting their household bills. It's all linked I am afraid.... decline in the club and recession.

wingy

The manufacturing demise of this City corrolates perfectly to the decline within CCFC,However the cost believe it or not is virtually identical in terms of percentage of average wage when purchasing a ST 1-2% ,4% for someone on£10K. pa. which is an issue obviously ,the same goes for the unemployed its out of reach.:(

Houchens Head

The manufacturing demise of this City corrolates perfectly to the decline within CCFC,However the cost believe it or not is virtually identical in terms of percentage of average wage when purchasing a ST 1-2% ,4% for someone on£10K. pa. which is an issue obviously ,the same goes for the unemployed its out of reach.:(

Also, there's us poor old buggers who have now retired and moved away! It would cost me approx £90 return ferry trip, approx £50 in fuel and then the cost of entry to the match - which equates to around £160+ to watch a game. A bit much by anyone's standards!

Real

Ooh Spurs away, I think I'll go to this one, it will be a North London double after I went to the Emirates earlier this season. Pick and choose your games, like I do.

Last edited:
I've heard that those fans who can produce a ticket stub from yesterdays match will be given priority for tickets in the 3rd round should we draw a high profile club.
Now where did I put my stub.;)

Jonny

I've heard that those fans who can produce a ticket stub from yesterdays match will be given priority for tickets in the 3rd round should we draw a high profile club.
Now where did I put my stub.;)

If this is true, great work from CCFC. Mine is sat downstairs, glad I didn't chuck it!

Astute

At least my job will help me decide what I am. Not checked to see if I am at work for this yet.

If I can't make it I am a shit supporter. If I can make it I am a glory supporter :(

Macca

What makes a loyal supporter?
I know a chap at work whose been going up the city since the early 60's we talk about the games and I found out he only goes to about 6 games a season.Is this a true fan? NO

Don t reveal his name Deano he ll get lynched ;)

Black6Osprey

YES

I think if you go to any amount of games in a season and spend your money then you are a supporter of the team.

We shouldn't be moaning about how many times people do or dont go to games. The problem is the number of people born and bred in the city and surrounding area who support all your big time charlie prem teams. Point the finger at them glory hunters not the ones who make an effort no matter how large or small to watch the City.

coundonskyblue

YES

I think if you go to any amount of games in a season and spend your money then you are a supporter of the team.

We shouldn't be moaning about how many times people do or dont go to games. The problem is the number of people born and bred in the city and surrounding area who support all your big time charlie prem teams. Point the finger at them glory hunters not the ones who make an effort no matter how large or small to watch the City.

That sums it up perfectly. How can anyone who supports City be classed as a glory supporter? If fans of other teams see this thread we will be a laughing stock.

A glory supporter is someone who supports a team because they WIN!

We have fans that have been shat on by the club that many times that they have lost their passion. I'm halfway there myself so I can perfectly understand why people pick and choose their games.

We have players who put effort in when they feel like it & owners who gave up supporting to club years ago, yet we're expected to keep going, not complain, and spend our money. Well I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.

Mucca Mad Boys

That sums it up perfectly. How can anyone who supports City be classed as a glory supporter? If fans of other teams see this thread we will be a laughing stock.

A glory supporter is someone who supports a team because they WIN!

We have fans that have been shat on by the club that many times that they have lost their passion. I'm halfway there myself so I can perfectly understand why people pick and choose their games.

We have players who put effort in when they feel like it & owners who gave up supporting to club years ago, yet we're expected to keep going, not complain, and spend our money. Well I'm afraid it doesn't work that way.

I think, in this context anyway, the term 'Glory Supporter' is taken too literally, the point is here, it was about 6k attendance y'day v Morcombe at home, but we are going to take near 6k away to Spurs, because there is the chance of glory (if we win (which we most liekly won't!) and because we are playing a good team.

Also, another context, where I would say (to friends of mine who support L'pool + Arsenal) "you're a glory supporter" (most likely in retaliation to being jeered for being a CCFC fan) and they'd site that they haven't won anything in 'x' years... *sigh* :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 4232

I'm probably going to be one of those, so I have to apologise to you SkyBlueBoy. I was watching the rugby yesterday, hence I couldn't ake it, again apologies. I wwould like to visit, as a fan of sport, world famous stadiums like White Hart Lane, and what better way to do that then watch my now adopted home town team play there. What gives you the right to make people like me, and in my position, not feel welcome as a supporter? With the state the club is in, any supporter to any match is a plus, and elitists like yourself need to get off their high horses.

Astute

We will sell out against Spurs. I used to love going to their ground. Most of their fans are sound. Not been to their ground for about 14 years though.

skybluehugh

Can the OP please tell me how, by more fans going, is going to improve the club. When we were in the Championship for the first few years we WERE getting the number of fans you are talking about ( and more ) myself included. But NONE of that money was put into the team, far from it they continued to sell our best players and again none of it was reinvested into the team. And you wonder why I stopped going, all I was doing was putting money into our owners pocket. EVEN IF WE END UP IN THE BLUE SQUARE AS SOON AS WE ARE TAKEN OVER I WILL BE BACK NOT BEFORE

deanocity3

Another question then
If you say for arguments sake,its like buying cd's by an artist but not going to any of their concerts.
You could have lots of programmes,shirts etc so is this supporting your team?
With the CD the artist gets royalties but you buy a soccer shirt from jjb sports or another retailer does the club get any money from your purchase.

Astute

Commitments keep me away not who runs our club.

I suppose you will be one of them that has a go if McG leaves us if we can't afford to keep him, not thinking about the lack of cash coming in having anything to do with it.

Paxman II

Oh dear. This always annoys me.

I look at any clubs game and see what the opposition is and then think how relative the crowd will be. Only a few clubs can command full houses every week in the modern game now where a season ticket is a must...such as Utd. The success rate demands respect from fans and the high level they play at.

Now with City they are our club but that is what they are. The only thing that would get my unconditional support and love is my kids. CCFC is not as important as them! Perhaps when they can have more sustained success they will get more fans willing to go on a fosty day in front of lower league opposition that means little.
Absolutely I would go if they draw an attractive proposition in the next round. If not I'll probably stay away. I have other things to do in my life and CCFC have not yet given me enough reason to change my ways or use up precious funds to do so.

All perfectly normal to me and does not make me any less passionate.

I want to concentrate on the league and have little interest in the FA Cup - a competition we can not win.
Walsall is far more important to me than Sheff Utd too. JPT...the what trophy now?

Last edited:

dadgad

I live in Scandinavia near the arctic circle and find it hard to get to matches nowadays. Also, having lost me job a few years back have t decide whether I should have a bit of fun following my beloved sky blues or me kids going without.
"Fuck it" I said last Wedenesday, "I'm going up the City" and slammed the door on the bewildered faces of my starving family.
I immediately regretted the decision as the blizzard coming down the mountain was terrible but after a nine hour trek I made the pier.
The ferry was another two hours so I wiled away the time recalling forward lines from the sixties and seventies.......Ernie Hannigan......what a shot he had on him.
There was no berths available on the boat but I calculated that if I could save a few more pennies I might buy me youngest a city scarf for Christmas.
The seas were mountainous and several times I feared we wouldn't make the mainland at all so you can imagine my relief when finally the headland came into view.
Ashore I was greeted with the news that the direct route to the airport was blocked by an avalanche and that I'd have to get the coach further north to pick up a higher road which was still clear.
It was touch and go whether I'd make the Oslo plane but I decided that I'd come this far so I might as well press on.
Luckily the Oslo flight was delayed by the bad weather and I boarded with five minutes to spare.
The onward flight to Stansted was also delayed but I calculated that I'd still just have time to make the match providing I could find a taxi willing to take me to the Ricoh.
I finally landed in the UK at 11 am on the morning of the match and wasn't feeling too well as I was anxious about how I was going to pay for the taxi - I was low on cash and my cards were pretty much maxed out.
Down to my last few notes I finally made the Longford Engine and had a drink before the short walk along canal to ground.
I was just about to buy my ticket when I felt faint, collapsed and woke up in hospital.
I realise I am not a real supporter like some of you....indeed I am not worthy of the name "supporter" at all as I only get to about ten games a year but if any of you could spare me a stub from yesterday I'd be grateful.:pimp::wave:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread