Gillingham Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Noggin

"we know what direction this club is going in"

down, I love his optimism most the time but some times its frustratingly deluded

ccfc92

That's what i mean, where is the winning mentality? Heads should be banged.he should be happy with nothing but 3 points.

I 100% agree.

But I think you have to be careful with youth/some players as too much "head banging" can make their heads drop?

Personally I'm all for having a go when it's deserved :) but apparently that's bad in football nowadays

Nick

Administrator
I 100% agree.

But I think you have to be careful with youth/some players as too much "head banging" can make their heads drop?

Personally I'm all for having a go when it's deserved :) but apparently that's bad in football nowadays

I'm not saying embarrass them, but just quit with the proud shit when we lose.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's hard to criticise the team when we had 10 men but the writing was on the wall the moment we heard he kept the same back 4

Brighton Sky Blue

agreed.

credit where it's due, same with criticism?

I can understand him wanting to protect the younger players but really there's no place to hide at the moment. Worryingly Thorn-esque in his post match assessments and his comments on the club's future are ridiculously wide of the mark.

ccfc92

I can understand him wanting to protect the younger players but really there's no place to hide at the moment. Worryingly Thorn-esque in his post match assessments and his comments on the club's future are ridiculously wide of the mark.

agreed. he did criticise delf tho to be fair.

but also, he might lay into them behind closed doors/training pitch. just prefers to keep it private? agreed about the club's future, but a) he knows more than us b) a wrong word would lose him his job

ccfc unlimited

christie dropped, seabourne rubbish again tonight, webster too slow but ok tonight, willis getting great experience but ok tonight and clarke mom tonight

Brighton Sky Blue

agreed. he did criticise delf tho to be fair.

but also, he might lay into them behind closed doors/training pitch. just prefers to keep it private? agreed about the club's future, but a) he knows more than us b) a wrong word would lose him his job

I don't understand what's keeping Pressley so keen to stay with us. Good job too, we'd have gone down comfortably otherwise.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I 100% agree.

I agree to a degree. At the start of the season id have probably slated SP had he been lambasting the young players.

However, this far into the season, most players are into double figures appearances wise. They've been around the team / squad long enough to know what is expected and should really now be men, not boys! Even the ones with less appearances should be (Some of the more recent signings aren't kids so should really be able to take a telling off or two)

Grendel

No one can say the squad wasn't competitive enough tonight. Strong bench with plenty of options. I don't understand why the guy from Celtic hasn't had a run out probably in place if Thomas. The two centre halves aren't compatable and the you'd have thought there were other defensive options.

Grendel

I don't understand what's keeping Pressley so keen to stay with us. Good job too, we'd have gone down comfortably otherwise.

He is unproven. No one above league one would consider him yet anyway.

Grendel

No, but I guess that is why he is proud.
That doesn't normally happen if you go down a goal and to ten men in 24 minutes.

Yes it does. Frequently. Have you ever been to a football match?

dongonzalos

Yes it does. Frequently. Have you ever been to a football match?

No never been to a football match.
Have you?

Never realised it was so common for the team with 10 men to out shoot the team with the numerical advantage over 66 minutes I will bow to your better knowledge.

Last edited:

Grendel

No never been to a football match.
Have you?

Never realised it was so common for the team with 10 men to out shoot the team with the numerical advantage over 66 minutes I will now to your better knowledge.

To suggest a team will not manage a shot on target is ludricous. The opposition is Gillingham not Bayern Munich. The bench was strong. The teams defensive frailties haven't been addressed all season.

Macca

Rather saddens me that yet again I have found out about a city match 24 hours later! I mean I am busy but even so. Really hope to get the bug back soon

Users who are viewing this thread