Gillingham (Home) Match Thread (4 Viewers)

Astute

Excuses, not reasons

One mans excuse is another mans reason. We don't all have the same reasoning.

It was like when we were in Northampton. Some saw it as a reason not to go. Some saw it as being an excuse. So who was right?

stupot07

One mans excuse is another mans reason. We don't all have the same reasoning.

It was like when we were in Northampton. Some saw it as a reason not to go. Some saw it as being an excuse. So who was right?

Bad example that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

Aaaaanywaaay. Back on topic:

Some good news to come from the atrocities in Paris: Ryan Kent's U20 game has been called off so he'll be back in plenty of time for this game.

letsallsingtogether

Not sure I can go, though desperately want to.

Should be a great atmosphere and entertaining game too I would have thought.

That's my point we get over 5000 walk up every game (not sure how many ST holders we have)it is not the same 5000 though is it.
Therefore if they did all come to one game our attendance would rise by at least 2000, some people can't make it for work or family commitments.
Others for what ever reason still need convincing? Let's get promoted and convince them
PUSB

ready_96

We will need that extra 2k or 3k. Whenever we do get that increase, it gives the atmosphere inside the ground that little bit of a buzz. You can sense that its a big game, and the players need to know it's importance.

letsallsingtogether

We will need that extra 2k or 3k. Whenever we do get that increase, it gives the atmosphere inside the ground that little bit of a buzz. You can sense that its a big game, and the players need to know it's importance.

But we always seem loose to big crowds 12000 fine by me ☺

wingy

Aaaaanywaaay. Back on topic:

Some good news to come from the atrocities in Paris: Ryan Kent's U20 game has been called off so he'll be back in plenty of time for this game.

Think Clive was speculating on the Friday show that he may not return but possibly be loaned to someone at the next level.

Covstar

Still unbeaten at Home in the league and with a chance to go top next week against our rivals. Hopefully a decent crowd for this one and the team put up a pleasing performance to somewhat convince the stayways what they are missing!

shmmeee

Think Clive was speculating on the Friday show that he may not return but possibly be loaned to someone at the next level.

Would be silly IMO. He's looked the least able of the three to step up IMO. Anyway we won't need him in a few weeks. #ReturnOfTheMadderz

stupot07

Can't see that. Klopps not a fan of loaning out youngsters, it's not the way they do it in Germany. My guess is we'll keep him until Jan, then he'll stay at Liverpool for the remainder of the season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/klopp-set-overhaul-liverpool-fc-10360430

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

North York’s Blue

Disappointed that I'm missing this game, despite being a season ticket holder this the fourth home game I've missed already. Think I need to arrange my social life a bit better!

Astute

Bad example that.

Say that to those that had a season ticket and were saying that you should support the team whatever happens with the ownership.

Like I said everyone has their own thoughts. I have a family member that was a season ticket holder for about 30 years. Stopped going once Richardson did what he did and said won't be back until we had someone decent running our club. And hasn't been back since but still waiting.

letsallsingtogether

Say that to those that had a season ticket and were saying that you should support the team whatever happens with the ownership.

Like I said everyone has their own thoughts. I have a family member that was a season ticket holder for about 30 years. Stopped going once Richardson did what he did and said won't be back until we had someone decent running our club. And hasn't been back since but still waiting.

We all know people like that I used to go with the same 6 lads every week only me that goes regular now 1 goes occationally. The others now say do you really still go and watch that shit
They were all season ticket holders for over 20 years, lost forever for different reasons

shmmeee

Considering Kent didn't play a second game and Arma only played 20 mins last night, and assuming we get a match ready Turner in. I'd go for:

RCC
Ricketts Martin Turner Stokes
Vincelot Fleck
JOB Cole Murphy
Armstrong

S: Burge, Haynes, Philips, Thomas, Kent, Lameiras, Fortune

Kent on for Cole at half time/on the hour, Murphy to move into the no 10 role. Got to stick Cole on for the PR at hopefully a decent crowd and in case we get a free kick around the area. Then second half go at them with pace.

CCFC88

Dont think you can drop Phillips after his performance on Saturday, gave 110% and had his best game for us this season. Dropping him on Saturday is a sure fire way to destroy his confidence.

RCC
Phillips Ricketts Martin Stokes
Vincelot Fleck
JOB Murphy Kent
Armstrong

skybluesam66

Dont think you can drop Phillips after his performance on Saturday, gave 110% and had his best game for us this season. Dropping him on Saturday is a sure fire way to destroy his confidence.

sorry - cant rely on sentiment - we are playing top of the league, and need our strongest 11

Astute

RCC
Vincelot Fleck
JOB Murphy Kent
Armstrong

TM will play his best side that is available. Maybe Turner in if he is fit enough and Phillips to take over when he runs out of gas. But you don't put a player in because of 1 good game if you have someone better to take over. It is a results game. And even more on Saturday when we are playing to be clear at the top. Win this and we will be a minimum 2 points clear at the top with a better GD than the team presently on top.

harvey098

Wouldn't put Turner straight in (Assuming we sign him) - Keep the same back 4 that's won the last three league games in a row. I wouldnt play fortune but I bet this is the team he plays:

RCC
Vincelot Fleck
Armstrong JOB Murphy
Fortune

covcity4life

my cousin has to be in london for this so cant go. i aint missing it though, if none of my glory fan mates will go i will just watch it on my own!

Wouldn't put Turner straight in (Assuming we sign him) - Keep the same back 4 that's won the last three league games in a row. I wouldnt play fortune but I bet this is the team he plays:

RCC
Vincelot Fleck
Armstrong JOB Murphy
Fortune

I wouldn't usually be for changing a winning side, but we've conceded 6 in those last 3 wins (after the late collapse at Swindon)... We need to get back to regular clean sheets pronto! If he is ours, I'd throw him in, again..only if TM deems him fit!

shmmeee

We beat our record for clean sheets before Reda got injured, I'd say going back to the same style is worth it. Obviously if Turner is ready for 90 mins.

Also, adding to a winning team is different to changing a winning team IMHO.

Malaka

Mr Suicidal (Nigel) on radio now saying he can't go because he is frightened of being disappointed. FFS

I don't know why he bothers phoning in. He droning and moaning drives me nuts. For some reason I disagree with almost everything that comes out of his mouth. I know he is passionate about the Sky Blues, but he always manages to piss on my chips.

CCFC88

sorry - cant rely on sentiment - we are playing top of the league, and need our strongest 11

Not sentiment, playing top of the league I dont think you should be throwing a player in who isnt completely settled to what has been a settled and improving back 4.

If Turner has a full weeks training alongside Martin then maybe there is a case, Marting needs a leader next to him hence his awful perfomances alongside Webster last season, moving Ricketts out to RB loses that strong precense and if Martin and Turner arent on the same page Gillingham clearly have the forwards to exploit that. No brainer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread