Gillingham (Home) Match Thread (3 Viewers)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

You've got to factor in Wasps have a big European tie vs Toulon at home the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yep and the draw of that isn't them but more Toulons superstars Carter etc saying that you get to watch Wasps being absolutely stuffed too! It would tempt anyone!

Bugsy

I'd be surprised if we get 13k.

Stu wiv all due respect mate it will be more than 13k ..... PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

You've got to factor in Wasps have a big European tie vs Toulon at home the next day.

Interesting to see who the local media promote for the weekend.

italiahorse

Yep and the draw of that isn't them but more Toulons superstars Carter etc saying that you get to watch Wasps being absolutely stuffed too! It would tempt anyone!

Interesting to see who the local media promote for the weekend.

Wasps as per.

See how many times local radio report on Covs 38-0 win today on Monday.....irritates the life out of me no mention of this City's club.

We are so lucky to have 3 great teams in this city :whistle:

stupot07

Coventry V Gillingham Top of the Table clash Match thread

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love us to have 15-16k+, but We've been in the top 6 all season 1-2 points off top and the gates haven't increased. Like I've said you've also got a big wasps game on Sunday, and it's the lead up for Christmas so people will be wanting to save their pennies.

I think the 19th December game will be a big gate, I'm bringing an extra 7 on top of my 4 ST's.

PUSBs

Bugsy

Maybe I'm pissed but I know what I'm a cov lad I don't give aaa about wasps if u support the sky blues and from Coventry u hav got to be at the game next Saturday no excuse Christmas or not it's a big game and we need every Coventrian there....PUSB

Macca

We have had our uplift from the 7/8 k crowds we were getting. I think 15 k would be decent, I'll be there certainly

Nick

Administrator
No silly excuses not to be there is there? It's not too expensive and it's very entertaining

H

Huckerby

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love us to have 15-16k+, but We've been in the top 6 all season 1-2 points off top and the gates haven't increased. Like I've said you've also got a big wasps game on Sunday, and it's the lead up for Christmas so people will be wanting to save their pennies.

I think the 19th December game will be a big gate, I'm bringing an extra 7 on top of my 4 ST's.

PUSBs

They haven't increased? How do you work that out? They're much higher than last year aren't they, when our average league position was lower?

Astute

Wasps as per.

See how many times local radio report on Covs 38-0 win today on Monday.....irritates the life out of me no mention of this City's club.

The game was in between two night shifts for me so had to listen to the game on sky blue player. They announced every point scored, the possibility of an extra point and then celebrated the extra point for the 4th try.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The game was in between two night shifts for me so had to listen to the game on sky blue player. They announced every point scored, the possibility of an extra point and then celebrated the extra point for the 4th try.

I'm talking about a Monday morning in the news bulletin, I know cwr cover Cov games on a match day.

stupot07

They haven't increased? How do you work that out? They're much higher than last year aren't they, when our average league position was lower?

I mean this season:

Wigan 13.1k first game of season
Crewe 11.5k 1st
Southend 12.9k 7th 3points from 2nd game in hand
Chesterfield 11k 4th.
Shrewsbury 11.4k 7th with a game in hand
Blackpool 12k 5th 3 points from top game in hand
Peterborough 11.8k 4th
Barnsley 10.9k 4th

H

Huckerby

I mean this season:

Wigan 13.1k first game of season
Crewe 11.5k 1st
Southend 12.9k 7th 3points from 2nd game in hand
Chesterfield 11k 4th.
Shrewsbury 11.4k 7th with a game in hand
Blackpool 12k 5th 3 points from top game in hand
Peterborough 11.8k 4th
Barnsley 10.9k 4th

So your point is our form and position in the league has stayed relatively consistent and our attendances have stayed relatively consistent. Higher than last year. lol

stupot07

So your point is our form and position in the league has stayed relatively consistent and our attendances have stayed relatively consistent. Higher than last year. lol

I don't get your point, what has last season got to do with anything?

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

I don't get your point, what has last season got to do with anything?

Really you don't?

I thought you were implying that our attendances aren't increasing with better results/performances? Last year has to do with everything - as our performances/results last year were notably worse than this year. Which shows in attendance.

Not buying that you dont get my point...

H

Huckerby

He means they haven't increased from the first one or two matches of the season.
Right in that case fair enough. Don't see why they would to be honest until nearer the end when people who aren't really following see that it's not just a temporary run of form, and they see a chance of some playoff/promotion excitement

Paxman II

Way too much pessimism again.
Top two to decide possible out right leaders?
JPT brings in 30k and you all suggest 13K+ would be the best we might do?
I think we are looking at 17k+ for this one.

stupot07

Way too much pessimism again.
Top two to decide possible out right leaders?
JPT brings in 30k and you all suggest 13K+ would be the best we might do?
I think we are looking at 17k+ for this one.

JPT was £5 per person, and people thought they were getting ticket stubs priority Wembley tickets.

Last edited:

stupot07

Really you don't?

I thought you were implying that our attendances aren't increasing with better results/performances? Last year has to do with everything - as our performances/results last year were notably worse than this year. Which shows in attendance.

Not buying that you dont get my point...

Fair enough. You're talking apples I'm talking oranges.

Last year was also poor due to the season away at Sixfields. Depressingly our current average attendance is only 900 more than the 2012/13 season, despite being in the top 6, averaging 2.1 points per game over the last 10, playing some of the most exciting football since the Robbie Keane days and having cheaper ST's, matchday tickets and matchday packages.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've come to have low expectations of fans so it isn't really any surprise that attendances aren't really moving despite us being near the top of the table. I suspect we won't really see a notable increase unless we are still challenging the top 2 with say 10 games left.

Would be interesting to see ticket revenue from last season (first game back excluded) to this season with the consideration that tickets are significantly cheaper this season.

Bugsy

Just for the record, I'm getting every man cat and dog to do this.....PUSB I love Coventry......PUSB

pusbccfc

I think Gillingham will bring around 900 to this. They managed 700 to Walsall and Peterborough and 1200 to Colchester (albeit a far closer game).
A match at a ground like the Ricoh against a 'big' club and in a huge game, their following could be surprisingly high.

Specs WT-R75

If I was the club I would do 2 things on Monday:

1. Open the 2 blocks in North stand behind the goal from rows A to Z only. Makes a statement that the club is open for business and expects and is prepared for a 15k gate. Get a second member of staff to the shop to help with the ticket sales.

2. Learn from last year - instead of £10 do a BOGOF deal with the Doncaster game the next Saturday. (Bradford away mid-week so another big week coming up!)

SlowerThanPlatt

I think Gillingham will bring around 900 to this. They managed 700 to Walsall and Peterborough and 1200 to Colchester (albeit a far closer game).
A match at a ground like the Ricoh against a 'big' club and in a huge game, their following could be surprisingly high.

Didn't they have 700 in the first game back and that was on a week night and on TV. Although I suspect there was a few Cov fans in there and a few just interested in the spectacle

Users who are viewing this thread