Gillingham (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Coventry V Gillingham Top of the Table clash Match thread

Thought I'd get this in early, buzzing from todays win and can't wait for this fixture now.

The club really need to be pushing the ticket with this match, would hope we can get over 14k for this one but I remain sceptical.

bawtryneal

Big advertising push and aim for 12,000 to 13,000 SBA

Even the stay away fans must want to be part of TMs revolution.

Gazolba

This is like the Coventry vs Wolves top of the table match from way back. But we wont get 44k plus for this one.

When is the last time we were involved in a 'top of the table clash'. It's been a while.

Last edited:

Bugsy

Think it will be close too thou lol should be a great turnout up to wiv 15k ...PUSB

shmmeee

Everyone should be talking about this everywhere you go this week. Let's make sure that if there is a small crowd, it's not because people didn't know there was a top of the table clash going on.

pusbccfc

Any less than 16k would be embarrassing.

There is almost no excuse to miss this one if you were at the Gillingham game last season.

Wheelfass

This is like the Coventry vs Wolves top of the table match from way back. But we wont get 44k plus for this one.

When is the last time we were involved in a 'top of the table clash'. It's been a while.
I can see a comparison but for that game in April 1967 both teams had already been promoted. Record gate at HR officially recorded as 51,455.
Maybe the game v Seffield Utd at the end of the season could be a similar occasion.
Either way, I can't wait for next Saturday at the Ricoh. PUSB.

D

Deleted member 2477

You forget we have some of the most sceptical stay away fans in the country. I can hear the excuses now. It was crap weather, it was to near xmas, i support the nopm capaign.

there is no reason why we shouldnt get 16000 plus taking into acount all the stay away fans from the same fixture last season but we have a city of fickle dis believing so called fans

6 Generations

Fans and the club alike should really market this game.

The gathering momentum continues.

Nigel needs to stay away with his negative vibe.

Historical differences between current owners and stay away fans needs

shelving.

We have a real chance to achieve success this season.

TM has stated many times how the crowd has lifted and inspired the team to

victory when the players have been up against it.

Just for now, forget SISU, Otium, CCC and ACL, forget Wasps and Judicial

revues.

its time to support Tony Mowbray and his team.

This is the year!! It would sad to miss it.

PUSB

quinn1971

Fans and the club alike should really market this game.

The gathering momentum continues.

Nigel needs to stay away with his negative vibe.

Historical differences between current owners and stay away fans needs

shelving.

We have a real chance to achieve success this season.

TM has stated many times how the crowd has lifted and inspired the team to

victory when the players have been up against it.

Just for now, forget SISU, Otium, CCC and ACL, forget Wasps and Judicial

revues.

its time to support Tony Mowbray and his team.

This is the year!! It would sad to miss it.

PUSB

whys everybody bothered about what the crowds going to be,we've done fine so far with the the 10,000 die hard fans..would be great to see a big crowd but I'd take 3 points in front of 10,000 fans any day, ive seen some of the best football we've played in years, if they can't be arsed coming to watch it it's their loss.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Rant I put on FB so thought I'd share here too :D

We Should get 12k as a minimum. If not, We should just give up as a football club in this city. If people CBA to come and watch top of the table stuff, is it worth carrying on? Ok, screw that; of course it is, but still, people need to realise we are where we are for a reason, and the only way we can get back to where we should be (and even most plastics want us to be, even if it just so they can see the Man U's and Chelsea's) is to get out of this league and the next one. And to do that we need the support, bums on seats! #SorryNotSorry

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I would hope for 15k City fans at the very least but that would be an achievement I think.

At the end of the day the 3 points is all that matters & if that means the usual attendance well it will be the stay aways that miss out!

For the first time in years I cannot wait for the next City match & it's still 7 days away!!

Otis

I would hope for 15k City fans at the very least but that would be an achievement I think.

At the end of the day the 3 points is all that matters & if that means the usual attendance well it will be the stay aways that miss out!

For the first time in years I cannot wait for the next City match & it's still 7 days away!!

15k City fans at least? Good job it's not at the new Butts stadium then. :whistle:

stupot07

I'd be surprised if we get 13k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Bennosdancingfeet

I don't see 16k as a big ask. Everyone just needs to promote it, remember the snowball effect against Leeds s few seasons ago, everyone was up for it and think we ended up with 27k, albeit 6k were dirty Leeds.

Grendel

15k City fans at least? Good job it's not at the new Butts stadium then. :whistle:

Actually I think it will end up proving exactly the opposite.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I don't see 16k as a big ask. Everyone just needs to promote it, remember the snowball effect against Leeds s few seasons ago, everyone was up for it and think we ended up with 27k, albeit 6k were dirty Leeds.

It shouldn't be I agree but it will be this is City fans we are in about, the dross we've endured for years, we are a win away from being guaranteed top spot of the league after 18 games (yes it counts for nothing but when was the last time 18 games into a league season Coventry City could be top of any league!?) it's madness we will probably not even fill half the ground. This set of players & management deserve the support!

stupot07

You've got to factor in Wasps have a big European tie vs Toulon at home the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread