Gillingham (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

This team is special, in my 12 years of support I've never seen anything like it. When will the non believers finally start having faith, this team deserve to be playing in front of 25,000 every week.

D

Deleted member 2477

After today people must start believing as our performance shows we can beat anyone in this league

ajsccfc

What the fuck just happened? We're Coventry City, once a game gets hyped up we're meant to buckle under the occasion and let everyone down, not batter the league leaders into submission. Sweet Moses.

shmmeee

Possibly the worst 20 minute cameo I've ever witnessed. Looks less fit than Joe Cole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Was Lee Sawyer levels. In his defence, it obviously means a lot to him and at first he was trying too hard. I don't think you can read too much into it, and I think if we weren't 4-0 up and at home you wouldn't have seen him.

Hobo

Great result. Murphy coming into his own. Nice to see Turner get on the Sheet. You can't have everything.....so Cole and Bigi in need of fitness is not the end of the world.

Nick

Administrator
Glad we were 4 -0 up as the game totally changed when we made changes :(

That bit before the end of the first half was amazing. Much prefer Murphy in the middle.

shmmeee

Apparently Turner had to come off or Cardiff would have been able to say he can't play on Tuesday.

RegTheDonk

After today people must start believing as our performance shows we can beat anyone in this league

Yes.

I am usually a pessimist. So so many times I have seen my team crumble when the big moment arrives. Its almost as if the expectation means the bottle button is pressed.

Not today, they were magnificent. Can't remember the last time I went for a piss at half time knowing I could have a stress free 2nd half to savor. Thanks very much to TM, the team, and the fans who made it such a great atmosphere.

Only Wigan makes me cack a bit now :D

letsallsingtogether

Glad we were 4 -0 up as the game totally changed when we made changes :(

That bit before the end of the first half was amazing. Much prefer Murphy in the middle.

TBF they still didn't look like scoring anymore to get back in the game.
We only gave about 60% second half and to be honest it was enough keeping it in reserve for Tuesday night.

Gazolba

Was Lee Sawyer levels. In his defence, it obviously means a lot to him and at first he was trying too hard. I don't think you can read too much into it, and I think if we weren't 4-0 up and at home you wouldn't have seen him.

IMHO its all part of TM's very clever man management. He probably promised him some minutes just like he did with Cole, it will probably pay off in the end (well maybe not with Cole but who knows).

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Great 3 points today. Shame Turner wasn't able to complete the 90 as we looked twice the team when he was on the pitch, but it seems this is a contractual thing, and id rather he do 2 X 50-60 mins than 1 X 90 and not be allowed to play the next game.

Bigi did look poor, but he's not on Connor Thomas level just yet so doesn't deserve anyone getting on his back just yet. He's not had much football of late so he will have poor spells.

Why Murphy didn't dtart his CCFC career as a number 10 I will never know. He brings so much quality to the team in that position. Anyone thinking he's still lazy? ;)

Astute

I can assure you if Murphy had played like that he'd get dogs abuse from the fans. He's useless always has been and when Cole is available what do you suggest we do? Leave Kent out?

Useless and always has been? I suppose that is why Newcastle paid a fair bit of money for him.

Why is it that however well we do and whoever we beat someone has to have a stupid moan about something?

Astute

My irritation is aimed at hypocrisy. The fact is he was rubbish. The other fact is if Connor Thomas had come on and played like that he'd have been abused and rubbished beyond description. That's what really irks. For some reason this guy can be excused all the time but Thomas gets ritually abused and slated.

Double standards I think.

Oh and I think of the two Thomas is the better player and today confirmed that.

Thomas is considered to have had several poor games for us by some. Bigi plays less than half an hour but you feel the need to compare the two. Then you use words like hypocrisy and double standards :D

Grendel

Useless and always has been? I suppose that is why Newcastle paid a fair bit of money for him.

Why is it that however well we do and whoever we beat someone has to have a stupid moan about something?

We paid more for Freddie Eastwood and he also was rubbish.

Astute

We paid more for Freddie Eastwood and he also was rubbish.

Just carry on having your normal uncalled for moan and leave the rest of us to celebrate. It is as though you are pissed off that we are doing much better than you predicted.

stupot07

Thomas is considered to have had several poor games for us by some. Bigi plays less than half an hour but you feel the need to compare the two. Then you use words like hypocrisy and double standards :D

Tbf astute, had Thomas put that 20 minute cameo in, there would have been dogs abuse. Bigi was that poor. Hopefully Mowbray will get him fit, to provide cover for fleck and Vincelot.

Whilst get your point about Thomas has had several poor games, bigi has come from a PL club and is supposedly better quality, so I'd expected better, he didn't even do the basics right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Kingokings204

I didn't think bigi was that bad. He got 20 minutes when the game was over. He didn't do anything wrong. Give him a chance ffs

stupot07

I didn't think bigi was that bad. He got 20 minutes when the game was over. He didn't do anything wrong. Give him a chance ffs

He did a lot wrong, he gave the ball away numerous times. Look I'm not getting at him, and I will give him a chance but even Shmmeee who loves him concedes he was very very poor today.

covcity4life

He was shite. Sum of that shit I've not even seen 5 a side with my mates

That's why I think it was nerves and not skill

Evo1883

Best first half i have witnessed inquite some time ..fact is we should have been 6 or 7 up .

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't wait for next season! Championship game against the Vile! Bring it on!!

covhead1

What a day, a really good day.
Now I am really starting to believe that we will get promotion.

Happy days

WestEndAgro

Just read the entire thread, around 45 pages before the game had even kicked off, Fuk me this band wagon is about to take off
:D

Macca

I've seen some shit up there in the last 10 years. That half made it all worth while. Absolutely fantastic from players and fans

Astute

Tbf astute, had Thomas put that 20 minute cameo in, there would have been dogs abuse. Bigi was that poor. Hopefully Mowbray will get him fit, to provide cover for fleck and Vincelot.

Whilst get your point about Thomas has had several poor games, bigi has come from a PL club and is supposedly better quality, so I'd expected better, he didn't even do the basics right.

I don't fully disagree with what you are saying. But comparing someone who has hardly played for ages and has only been at the club for a few days with someone who is not as new to the players and was in the first team whilst playing not so good isn't a fair comparison.

Shall we take a look at the history of who said Murphy is lazy, can only play well at the end of the game or maybe nearly as bad as useless?

Users who are viewing this thread