Get that clown out of goal (3 Viewers)

rob9872

Fwiw I actually think Thomas could prove to be a decent signing in time too. What's baffling is having spent £20 mil, that didn't include someone to come into the centre for Fadz as I honestly think it's time he's comes out the team. That said I'd happily go 4 at the back now anyway, in which case Kitching and Thomas could be ok.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think Thomas could replace Fadz long term, looks the more aggressive type. For now I too prefer Lati as RCB as he's better on the ball and suits how we play. Not great last night when he came on but I don't like changing defenders midgame unless a different formation or injury.

TomRad85

I think Thomas could replace Fadz long term, looks the more aggressive type. For now I too prefer Lati as RCB as he's better on the ball and suits how we play. Not great last night when he came on but I don't like changing defenders midgame unless a different formation or injury.
It was a weird substitution.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

For once I sort of agree with you Fernando, it seems that Wilson is like Pickford 2.0, some games he makes some cracking saves and keeps us in it and then other games he loses his head and can’t work out how to stop a simple shot that’s straight at him. It’s time we looked at Collins, at least give him a one game run out to see if he’s any good.

Sick Boy

We’ve bigger issues than Wilson. We can’t afford to be experimenting with GK’s and at least Fadz and Wilson should know how to organise the back.

I also think Wilson is a big character in the dressing room - dropping him will impact any togetherness we have.
There is no evidence that dropping him would impact morale. If Collins is no better than it was a bizarre signing considering we already had Moore, who is now just a waste of a wage.

Northeast sky blue

For once I sort of agree with you Fernando, it seems that Wilson is like Pickford 2.0, some games he makes some cracking saves and keeps us in it and then other games he loses his head and can’t work out how to stop a simple shot that’s straight at him. It’s time we looked at Collins, at least give him a one game run out to see if he’s any good.
Even in the same games, he makes a great save one minute and the next it could be a calamity. The QPR game fantastic save and then lucky not to concede a penalty and a sending off

Matt smith

The fans in general have backed this team pretty well considering the bad football and worse results. Funnily enough as do I at games
I’m pretty confident we’d have a different manager by now if we had a manager in place without the longevity of robins and success of robins previously.

If it’s not working by Christmas then a change needs to be made, or we need to make absolutely sure we recruit well in January

I won’t hold my breath

jordan210

Do we have a realy sort shelf life for GK's. This is a bit like Moore a few season ago had a realy good season/run and then all of a sudden starts making stupid mistakes. odd

The Philosopher

I’m pretty confident we’d have a different manager by now if we had a manager in place without the longevity of robins and success of robins previously.

If it’s not working by Christmas then a change needs to be made, or we need to make absolutely sure we recruit well in January

I won’t hold my breath
The only manager you’d want if you want to get promoted (maybe just a bit too old now) is Warnock.

We’ve had some bad results and made some silly decisions but I’m sure he’ll get it right.

The recruitment team needs sacking. Could have brought a stadium for what Wright Kitching and Simms cost….

Stick with Robins. Rise together. Etc.

rob9872

People on the way home on the radio mentioned Nathan Jones, Dean Smith or John Eustace. I'd want none of those. In fact the only out if work manager I can think who is realistic and as good as Robins (imo) is Wilder.

Ccfcisparks

People on the way home on the radio mentioned Nathan Jones, Dean Smith or John Eustace. I'd want none of those. In fact the only out if work manager I can think who is realistic and as good as Robins (imo) is Wilder.
I like Eustace personally but would be a tough ask to follow Robins.

SBT

So let me get this right, we’re worried about Robins trying to make us play in a different style, so the solution is to get rid of Robins and bring in a different manager instead?

Matt smith

Dean smith would be a good appointment

Offhegoes

t the way of the ball against Cardiff wa

Dean smith would be a good appointment
Dean Smith? Christ...No. John Eustace? Nope. Did OK at Birmingham, but inexperienced. Nathan Jones? Horrible little man. Admitedly did well at Luton playing direct football but failed badly at Stoke & Southampton and is a few pence short of a pound.
Are we really putting forward these names as a replacement for one of our best managers in the history of this club.

Terry Gibson's perm

The only manager you’d want if you want to get promoted (maybe just a bit too old now) is Warnock.

We’ve had some bad results and made some silly decisions but I’m sure he’ll get it right.

The recruitment team needs sacking. Could have brought a stadium for what Wright Kitching and Simms cost….

Stick with Robins. Rise together. Etc.

The one advantage with Warnock is that you wouldn’t have that ref again for a while and when you did if there was a close offside the flag would go up as he would have made a right fuss about the officials last night, Robins should look at Ferguson he ruled the refs.

Brylowes

The one advantage with Warnock is that you wouldn’t have that ref again for a while and when you did if there was a close offside the flag would go up as he would have made a right fuss about the officials last night, Robins should look at Ferguson he ruled the refs.
If it was easy to emulate Alex Ferguson, they‘d all be doing it.

pusbccfc

I don’t think Collins is any better to be honest.

It’s kind of worrying we have 3 players from a back line of a L1 team in Collins, Kitching and Thomas.

Neither, which makes him a strange signing. What was wrong with Moore being number 2?

PVA

So let me get this right, we’re worried about Robins trying to make us play in a different style, so the solution is to get rid of Robins and bring in a different manager instead?

And also we can't use last season as an example of improving as time went on, because we had two amazing players... So the solution is to get rid of the bloke that moulded them into such good players.

Warwickhunt

West Brom defended for their lives in some of our good spells of pressure in the game but if we had taken 50% of the good chances we made! then all that so called brilliant defending would have been in vain! If we had played half as good as we did last night against Roverum it would have been a cricket score! Lets put things into perspective in real terms MR spends real money for the first time in his 6.5 years tenure and we fans expect instant out of the packets players to deliver. Not unreasonable demands but we need to see when the players are settled into a new home environment and training is an everyday 10pm til 3pm event.

Old Warwickshire lad

Wilson has always been a poor keeper. He is probably the luckiest keeper I have ever seen.
He has no command of his area, and his distribution is appalling.
And when there was talk of Luton considering offering a
£1M for him, I can’t remember anyone not saying we should snap their hands off.

rob9872

Or going out to look for a real upgrade.
The one player we should've got was Johansson from Rotherham whilst we had budget. That's not based on last week either I called it in the summer. Tbf 500k Collins seems a waste to benchwarm but didn't see anything preseason to suggest he should start and knew nothing of him before. He could be good of course but seemed an odd one, just another ex Adi Chelsea I think

Terry Gibson's perm

The one player we should've got was Johansson from Rotherham whilst we had budget. That's not based on last week either I called it in the summer. Tbf 500k Collins seems a waste to benchwarm but didn't see anything preseason to suggest he should start and knew nothing of him before. He could be good of course but seemed an odd one, just another ex Adi Chelsea I think

I really like Nicolls at Huddersfield, we have put far too much faith in ex Chelsea players.

Users who are viewing this thread