Get that clown out of goal (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

The one player we should've got was Johansson from Rotherham whilst we had budget. That's not based on last week either I called it in the summer. Tbf 500k Collins seems a waste to benchwarm but didn't see anything preseason to suggest he should start and knew nothing of him before. He could be good of course but seemed an odd one, just another ex Adi Chelsea I think
Did we actually pay a fee for him?

rob9872

Did we actually pay a fee for him?
OK not 100% I can only go off here and twatter. If we haven't then I guess no problem as we all assumed Moore would move on.

SlowerThanPlatt

He had a year left on his contract

Johhny Blue

Oh calm down. He's bought them because he believes they are championship level players at least and ready for the step up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Collins given a start
Wilson won’t be dropped for one mistake. He’s having a decent season and has even improved his kicking

Terry Gibson's perm

Wilson won’t be dropped for one mistake. He’s having a decent season and has even improved his kicking

One big mistake but he has been caught of numerous times not commanding his six yard box, his decision making is shocking when it needs a quick release he holds it and when time is needed he releases it.

steve101

Wilson's story to get to where he is now is incredible and hats off to him. He seems to be a great character and I am sure this does help the team spirit. As for his kicking he is very able to use both feet very well which is better than many keepers. He has also shown to be very capable as a reactive shot stopper.
However, his decision making has always been questionnable and his biggest downfall for me is the lack of bravery. I would like to see a keeper demand anything delivered into the 6 yard area. Wilson doesn't. Many goals conceded and chances given away may have been avoided if he was willing / able to command this area.

Gint11

Legs? Really?

you keep the defence on unless they’re having an absolute stinker

Lati Kitching and binks should start Saturday

Agreed. I tried to answer your question about why he changes the back line mid match. That’s why I think he does.

I’ve said before, robins achille heel is game management and substitutions. Always weird and rigid and now, predictable.

Matt smith

Agreed. I tried to answer your question about why he changes the back line mid match. That’s why I think he does.

I’ve said before, robins achille heel is game management and substitutions. Always weird and rigid and now, predictable.
You’re probs right on why he does, I just question it

I think he’s even picking the wrong team to start with, he doesn’t know his best team

TewkesburySkyBlue

People on the way home on the radio mentioned Nathan Jones, Dean Smith or John Eustace. I'd want none of those. In fact the only out if work manager I can think who is realistic and as good as Robins (imo) is Wilder.
We have to stick with MR he’s the best by a country mile.
lf they ever recruited Nathan ( clown) Jones Id never watch City again.

quinn1971

I know we’re struggling but it’s not Wilson’s fault, why would you want to drop the best keeper in the league last season, He’s made 1 mistake, give him a break

Attachments

• 270A6CEC-8C56-40C3-9257-C913199B1401.jpeg
    270A6CEC-8C56-40C3-9257-C913199B1401.jpeg
    865.7 KB · Views: 62

Offhegoes

Wilson's story to get to where he is now is incredible and hats off to him. He seems to be a great character and I am sure this does help the team spirit. As for his kicking he is very able to use both feet very well which is better than many keepers. He has also shown to be very capable as a reactive shot stopper.
However, his decision making has always been questionnable and his biggest downfall for me is the lack of bravery. I would like to see a keeper demand anything delivered into the 6 yard area. Wilson doesn't. Many goals conceded and chances given away may have been avoided if he was willing / able to command this area.
He was poor for Luton's first at Wembley last May, beaten at the near post.

He's a Good shot stopper (aren't all Goalkeepers?). His distribution is poor, and takes too long to start counter attacks. He doesn't comes for crosses either.
I like Wilson, and he deserved his place last season after the shit shows Moore produced. His clean sheet record, to be fair was more about how the team was playing, than him making a series of fantastic saves.

The general consensus around Collins when he was signed, was he was "OK" but wasn't some sort of superstar keeper. Also he's not particularly tall (like Wilson) which is a worry.

Not sure Ben deserves to lose his place just yet, but another clanger in the next 2-3 games, he will be replaced.

Gint11

To me central midfield seems to be the only area where we don't have a problem.

How so? Interested to hear your view.
For me, Eccles is good enough as a main CM for us. Our midfield cannot pass forwards and split teams. The disconnect between midfield and forwards is there to see. I hope the box formation solves that.

Terry Gibson's perm

I know we’re struggling but it’s not Wilson’s fault, why would you want to drop the best keeper in the league last season, He’s made 1 mistake, give him a break

Last year the defence was tighter than this year he is more exposed now.

PVA

Jones was a disaster at Stoke and Southampton. Seems to be very suited to Luton for whatever reason, like Robins is here.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I say it pretty much every time we play but once a game he will make a terrible mistake that could cost a goal. He gets away with it more often than not, last night he didn't. As others have mentioned, Cardiff's third was baaad, and he should have done better with the Bristol City goal. I thought the second Rotherham one was savable too but haven't seen a convincing angle. That said, he has made more 'good' saves this season than he used to. The QPR save and one at Rotherham especially were very good saves.

The bigger issue for me isn't the bad mistakes like last night, it's the fact he never comes off his line to claim a cross and his distribution is terrible. It means the centre backs have to win may more duels than they would do with a competent keeper. We have many issues across the park and he isn't culpable for it all by any stretch, but we need better. I have no idea if Collins is that, I haven't seen him play, but it's frankly worrying if we have spent £800k on a keeper who isn't better than Wilson.
Every single game.

steve101

Even Moore didn't make those types of errors during his dodgy spell. They are basic. Absolute bread and butter for any professional keeper. Making one is bad enough but back to back games is very worrying. Although today's one didn't lead to a goal, it set the scene for calamitous defending.

tommy hutch legend

Even Moore didn't make those types of errors during his dodgy spell. They are basic. Absolute bread and butter for any professional keeper. Making one is bad enough but back to back games is very worrying. Although today's one didn't lead to a goal, it set the scene for calamitous defending.
Yes he did make one but three basic errors on the trot that's why he was dropped

Users who are viewing this thread