Get that clown out of goal (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

We have been getting away with having him in there for a while anything in the six yard box should be his and it never is, he cost us the first goal tonight and will cost us more if we don’t change him.

pusbccfc

Ironically, I think he's played well this season but I've always been in the camp that he's not good enough.

SBT

The bigger problem than any of his flubbed shots or crosses tonight is his continued lack of ability with the ball at his feet. Makes no sense to persevere with a new style of playing it out the back, while sticking with a keeper who’s always struggled with it - choose one or the other ffs

Calista

Just wondering whether the ball moved late in the air for the first goal, which when hit at pace can cause keepers problems even when it appears to be hit straight at them. TV angles not helpful in that regard really.

Brylowes

The first goal was pathetic, it's actually distracted from another example of him standing rooted to the spot as a player bears down on him for the second.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
As someone I always think talks sense and reads the game very well, this is definitely not a post I would have expected from you.
I honestly think he’s been a very good keeper for us since he’s been here, Rotherham ‘for instance’ could have been really embarrassing without him.

Yes he makes the odd mistake ‘they all do’ but while we’re drawing blanks at the business end of the pitch any mistake by him will be more glaring and costly to the teams cause and position.
There’s been too many changes to the 1st team squad to realistically expect to much.

The important thing now for the club & us supporters imho, is not to panic, accept a season of transition and keep getting behind every player.

It may take a little longer than we would have ideally liked but it’s in times such as this where the supporters value to the team can really make a difference.
Keep the faith 🙏💪💙

CV22SBA

I’m not his biggest fan but he’s made some very important saves this season. QPR away for example. We were dreadful in the first half and he made that world class save. If we had gone behind in that game I think we would have lost and find ourselves in an even worse position now. Again with our new signings I don’t think Collins is any better.

Sick Boy

I’m not his biggest fan but he’s made some very important saves this season. QPR away for example. We were dreadful in the first half and he made that world class save. If we had gone behind in that game I think we would have lost and find ourselves in an even worse position now. Again with our new signings I don’t think Collins is any better.
He’s also been pretty bad, him jumping out the way of the ball against Cardiff was the final straw for me.

Marty

I think he could have done better with the Bristol City goal tbh. He's not been great this season, but maybe this Collins is no better.

CV22SBA

I don’t think Collins is any better to be honest.

It’s kind of worrying we have 3 players from a back line of a L1 team in Collins, Kitching and Thomas.
I said this last night. We’ve changed our model. In L2 we were signing L1 standard and loans. In L1 we were signing championship standard and loans and then in the championship it was prem loans. This season we get some money and spend it on fucking L1 players.

covcity4life

I said this last night. We’ve changed our model. In L2 we were signing L1 standard and loans. In L1 we were signing championship standard and loans and then in the championship it was prem loans. This season we get some money and spend it on fucking L1 players.
Oh calm down. He's bought them because he believes they are championship level players at least and ready for the step up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Collins given a start

TomRad85

I don’t think Collins is any better to be honest.

It’s kind of worrying we have 3 players from a back line of a L1 team in Collins, Kitching and Thomas.
And yet we should have bought Styles in from there too. Walks into this team.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Some have been waiting for a bad game from him (and it was a bad game I agree) just to post this kind of stuff. I knew he'd have no credit in the bank on here which is disappointing. Sorry you've had to wait so long to call him out. The ironic cheers when he caught the next one was pathetic and embarrassing.

Perhaps if the donkey up front had put one of his 4 chances away or the manager reacted to situations and moved things we'd have slso done better.

The Philosopher

We’ve bigger issues than Wilson. We can’t afford to be experimenting with GK’s and at least Fadz and Wilson should know how to organise the back.

I also think Wilson is a big character in the dressing room - dropping him will impact any togetherness we have.

djr8369

As someone I always think talks sense and reads the game very well, this is definitely not a post I would have expected from you.
I honestly think he’s been a very good keeper for us since he’s been here, Rotherham ‘for instance’ could have been really embarrassing without him.

Yes he makes the odd mistake ‘they all do’ but while we’re drawing blanks at the business end of the pitch any mistake by him will be more glaring and costly to the teams cause and position.
There’s been too many changes to the 1st team squad to realistically expect to much.

The important thing now for the club & us supporters imho, is not to panic, accept a season of transition and keep getting behind every player.

It may take a little longer than we would have ideally liked but it’s in times such as this where the supporters value to the team can really make a difference.
Keep the faith 🙏💪💙
He’s been good generally this season the biggest issue for me is how often we expect him to use his feet. If we want to play our way out of a press maybe we need Collins (assuming that’s why he was brought in).

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Doug king said we’d never be in a relegation battle under his tenure

Over to you Doug….
I don’t think anybody predicted a relegation battle going into this season, not one. So to achieve it on a £20 million budget and being an attractive proposition for players is really quite something.

Just have to pray that someone activates Vik’s €100 million release clause

Matt smith

I don’t think anybody predicted a relegation battle going into this season, not one. So to achieve it on a £20 million budget and being an attractive proposition for players is really quite something.

can’t see where the next win is coming from, don’t know what our best team is.

as @TomRad85 just said, Kitching is a positive.

Bobby Thomas is pretty shit and needs to be dropped
Mcfadzean needs to be dropped

yet he keeps playing them ffs

TomRad85

can’t see where the next win is coming from, don’t know what our best team is.

as @TomRad85 just said, Kitching is a positive.

Bobby Thomas is pretty shit and needs to be dropped
Mcfadzean needs to be dropped

yet he keeps playing them ffs
Fwiw I actually think Thomas could prove to be a decent signing in time too. What's baffling is having spent £20 mil, that didn't include someone to come into the centre for Fadz as I honestly think it's time he's comes out the team. That said I'd happily go 4 at the back now anyway, in which case Kitching and Thomas could be ok.

rob9872

All part of the master plan. The worse we look without him, the more his value soars 😉🤣

Matt smith

Fwiw I actually think Thomas could prove to be a decent signing in time too. What's baffling is having spent £20 mil, that didn't include someone to come into the centre for Fadz as I honestly think it's time he's comes out the team. That said I'd happily go 4 at the back now anyway, in which case Kitching and Thomas could be ok.

Thomas I think could be in time, but he’s playing awful at the moment

the recruitment has been so so shit

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I say it pretty much every time we play but once a game he will make a terrible mistake that could cost a goal. He gets away with it more often than not, last night he didn't. As others have mentioned, Cardiff's third was baaad, and he should have done better with the Bristol City goal. I thought the second Rotherham one was savable too but haven't seen a convincing angle. That said, he has made more 'good' saves this season than he used to. The QPR save and one at Rotherham especially were very good saves.

The bigger issue for me isn't the bad mistakes like last night, it's the fact he never comes off his line to claim a cross and his distribution is terrible. It means the centre backs have to win may more duels than they would do with a competent keeper. We have many issues across the park and he isn't culpable for it all by any stretch, but we need better. I have no idea if Collins is that, I haven't seen him play, but it's frankly worrying if we have spent £800k on a keeper who isn't better than Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread