George Thomas (5 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

Makes me laugh people talking about loyalty on this thread, then being okay with the fact that we are forcing Reid out the club because he no longer suits our situation this year. You can't have it both ways.
If I was a footballer my loyalty would stretch about the length of a pound coin
You might want to do some googling.

no_loyalty

Makes me laugh people talking about loyalty on this thread, then being okay with the fact that we are forcing Reid out the club because he no longer suits our situation this year. You can't have it both ways.
If I was a footballer my loyalty would stretch about the length of a pound coin

There is no loyalty :happy:

Warwickhunt

still say he has been badly advised! If we wanted to keep him we would have increased our offer! i am sure he would have flourished at swansea

covcity4life

Leicester have reached an agreement of just under £500,000 with Coventry to sign George Thomas, according to Sky sources.

The 20-year-old is out of contract but Coventry are due compensation and the Foxes have been trying to negotiate a settlement for a number of weeks.

Sky Sports News understands the agreement includes a number of add-ons based on the player's future performances and he is expected to complete the move in the next 24 hours.

NorthernWisdom

Leicester have reached an agreement of just under £500,000 with Coventry to sign George Thomas, according to Sky sources.

The 20-year-old is out of contract but Coventry are due compensation and the Foxes have been trying to negotiate a settlement for a number of weeks.

Sky Sports News understands the agreement includes a number of add-ons based on the player's future performances and he is expected to complete the move in the next 24 hours.
Hmm, that's phrased in a way that suggests the £500k is if all the add-ons come to fruition.

NorthernWisdom

Interpretation is a funny thing. I read it as 500k up front and add ons, as in the agreement is for that amount and it includes add on's if Thomas progresses with Leicester/sell on's.
It's the fact that agreement is used as the descriptive term in both.

Wouldn't be the first time we only got the full fee if a player scored a hattrick in the Intergalactic cup final, after all.

Moff

It's the fact that agreement is used as the descriptive term in both.

Wouldn't be the first time we only got the full fee if a player scored a hattrick in the Intergalactic cup final, after all.

That's only in Maddison's add on. ;)

(Nice to see him ambling back into the area when Norwich conceded on Saturday....for all his obvious talent he is no great defensive cover)

Chipfat

It was never going to carry on like it was as it benefited no party long term, we done well to stick to our guns and get nearer to the price we wanted. GT has got the contract and lifestyle he wanted from the game and LCFC have a young talented player that they can work with to try and develop.

Time will tell if they have invested well, although it will not break them, for us if we get the chance to reinvest some of that money its massive that we get it right. MR has now the ability to invest at least his wages into the squad and look to plug any gaps he see's in the squad for not only this season but a player/players that can be quality in L1.

RoboCCFC90

Buh-Bye! :emoji_wave::finger:

Skyblueweeman

I can't believe people saying that he'll be a lower league player in the future! There's every chance that he will be, but there's a chance that with the right coaching and development, he can make a name for himself.

The scouts at Leicester obviously know more than you or I.

oucho

Whilst true, I'd point out that our scouts have recommended we sign Simon Haworth instead of Robert Earnshaw, Paul Edwards instead of David Platt... and so on.
He said Leicester's scouts, not OUR scouts!!!

oucho

Yes but he is local to them they missed him?
Could have had him for free years ago. :)
They must be rubbish;)
To be fair, their recruitment policy hasn't been the worst around for the last couple of years.......

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Guessing he will be loaned o a championship club, glad its over and done with now we can kick on and MR can hopefully use the money to strengthen

NortonSkyBlue

Good luck George, best wishes in future and thank you for your efforts which sadly are not appreciated by many on here. #couldntspotaplayerifitbithimonthearse
The reason why I think he will succeed is because of the effort he puts in and surrounded by better players I hope he shines.

Skyblueweeman

Whilst true, I'd point out that our scouts have recommended we sign Simon Haworth instead of Robert Earnshaw, Paul Edwards instead of David Platt... and so on.

Fair comment. Our scouting system as we know though, has previously left a lot to be desired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

If he is going, I am glad the saga has been drawn to a close. We will miss him, he is a tidy player but he is not irreplaceable.

Wish him as well as can be when a player moves to another club. Don't begrudge him his raise in wages/prospects etc, but to go from a first team spot to a Under 23 spot in a league where a high percentage of Under 23 players never make the first team is always a risk. He may do well, but he may well look towards Bigi, a rich player, who cant make the Motherwell squad in their season starter.

Bigiamaranas absence from the squad is "surrounded in mystery"

lifeskyblue

Bigiamaranas absence from the squad is "surrounded in mystery"

I believe he is coming back to ccfc.... unfinished business. He tells agent he can't settle in Scotland and must return to Coventry to prove to Grendel he is a footballer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread