George Thomas (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

Wouldn't have he started training with Leicester if a deal had been signed and agreed? From Robins interviews it sounds like he's still training with us. Plenty of other players that have agreed to move with a tribunal fee up the air have carried on and played for their new club regardless?

Not decided it's gone to tribunal yet though, so it's not decided he'll go there. He's free to agree terms from six months before the end of his contract IIRC, but tribunal only happens once he signs for good. Otherwise someone could come in with an offer we'd accept and nick him.

Nick

Administrator
Not decided it's gone to tribunal yet though, so it's not decided he'll go there. He's free to agree terms from six months before the end of his contract IIRC, but tribunal only happens once he signs for good. Otherwise someone could come in with an offer we'd accept and nick him.

If he has signed with them already then surely it's decided he is going there? We have no say who he goes to, the other team can either make us an offer or let a tribunal settle it.

It just seems a bit strange.

Chipfat

It is strange something is waiting to drop, multiple clubs could interested which would drag it out a bit longer, but if he has agreed anything with LCFC, surely he would of already rejected our offer and moved on as he doesn't have to wait for any fee to be agreed.

Nick

Administrator
It is strange something is waiting to drop, multiple clubs could interested which would drag it out a bit longer, but if he has agreed anything with LCFC, surely he would of already rejected our offer and moved on as he doesn't have to wait for any fee to be agreed.

Exactly, he can just go and start his career there and let the 2 clubs discuss it.

Chipfat

Maybe others have come in knowing the fee wanted by us is too high and most likely a tribunal would value him lower and build in lots of installment payments, instead of a guaranteed fee on potential. I can't see this going on much longer Nick, can you?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe others have come in knowing the fee wanted by us is too high and most likely a tribunal would value him lower and build in lots of installment payments, instead of a guaranteed fee on potential. I can't see this going on much longer Nick, can you?

Surely then he just signs for them and it goes to a tribunal.

I don't think he has officially rejected our offer yet has he?

Chipfat

Not officially, and from what MR said its sounds like they are all waiting for an answer. He says no, he can walk and sign for whoever and where ever he wants. The moving abroad option leaves the club out of pocket i think.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

That was my understanding with it, in comparison to normal transfers. Thought it was down to Thomas to accept a contract and sign it and then the two clubs haggle about what the fee should be.

luwalla

Just passing on what I was told, done deal , he's with Leicester , just down to fee now

I was more disappointed about the baker thing to be honest , as I already thought GT was going anyway but was sure baker deal was gonna happen any day now

lifeskyblue

To be honest not bothered about Baker...not convinced he is the answer to our needs.
As for Thomas; a player with a possible future in the championship (no higher in my opinion) and possibly won't kick on from now. It has dragged on and I can't blame Thomas for wanting a significant increase in salary. I think snap off leicester's hand and hopefully reinvest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

If he has signed with them already then surely it's decided he is going there? We have no say who he goes to, the other team can either make us an offer or let a tribunal settle it.

It just seems a bit strange.

I thought they said agreed terms, not signed. There's a difference.

rupert_bear

Got to the end of August hasn't he ? If it is Leicester I'd think they would be looking at a suitable loan deal for him, I heard Peterborough the other day. Doubt he'll stay here now whatever I worry for our owners should he plump for Scotland I don't think there's any dosh fee wise at all.

Nick

Administrator
Got to the end of August hasn't he ? If it is Leicester I'd think they would be looking at a suitable loan deal for him, I heard Peterborough the other day. Doubt he'll stay here now whatever I worry for out owners should he plump for Scotland I don't think there's any dosh fee wise at all.

Why would you worry for owners and not CCFC who will lose out?

Otis

Not officially, and from what MR said its sounds like they are all waiting for an answer. He says no, he can walk and sign for whoever and where ever he wants. The moving abroad option leaves the club out of pocket i think.

Well let's hope he doesn't sign for Cardiff or Swansea then.

fatso

George Thomas may well have just fucked his whole career up.
City have brought in players who WANT to play for the club, and Leicester have looked else where.
He's entitled to take his time on a big decision, but if you take too long, eventually all the doors will close.

Nick

Administrator
George Thomas may well have just fucked his whole career up.
City have brought in players who WANT to play for the club, and Leicester have looked else where.
He's entitled to take his time on a big decision, but if you take too long, eventually all the doors will close.
He could still accept the city offer tomorrow, he would have a lot of time to make up and compete for a place on the bench judging yesterday's performance.

mrtrench

George still has time; it's a critical point in his career and he shouldn't rush it.

Many years ago there was a young footballer in a similar situation. He started playing a few games in a poor team and didn't make much of an impact. The team was losing most weeks and he became downhearted. However his father gave him encouragement and slowly he made more of an impact and scored a few goals. The team however was still losing and at the end of the season they were relegated.

At the end of the season, a rival team had seen his improved performances and he was torn. They offered more money and they were a good side - however he was still loyal to his current side and during preseason they started to play a little better. This young lad didn't know what to do. He went away for three days and three nights and cogitated. When he came back, he decided to stay with the team. That season that lad's team won every game and he scored 30 goals. He was spotted by a very large side and was sold at a record fee. He went on to have a fantastic career, playing in Italy and Spain. He won the golden boot at the World Cup. That young lad was Jesus Christ.

Reactions: vow

Greggs

George still has time; it's a critical point in his career and he shouldn't rush it.

Many years ago there was a young footballer in a similar situation. He started playing a few games in a poor team and didn't make much of an impact. The team was losing most weeks and he became downhearted. However his father gave him encouragement and slowly he made more of an impact and scored a few goals. The team however was still losing and at the end of the season they were relegated.

At the end of the season, a rival team had seen his improved performances and he was torn. They offered more money and they were a good side - however he was still loyal to his current side and during preseason they started to play a little better. This young lad didn't know what to do. He went away for three days and three nights and cogitated. When he came back, he decided to stay with the team. That season that lad's team won every game and he scored 30 goals. He was spotted by a very large side and was sold at a record fee. He went on to have a fantastic career, playing in Italy and Spain. He won the golden boot at the World Cup. That young lad was Jesus Christ.

You fucking weirdo

wingy

Is It the fee that Leicester end up paying will dictate /affect Georges wages.
IE the more they end up paying the less he gets?

hill83

Sometimes I think I'm crazy because I see things differently to everyone else. And then I shower them all with abuse.

Not going to call you a fucking weirdo, but I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about up there.

skybluedan

Well I've just Googled jesus Christ and he only got 29 goals

fatso

He's finished mate, he's last seasons news, no one gives a toss about him anymore. Leicester have other targets they are pursuing, and he wouldn't get on our bench now. It's a classic case of "he who hesitates is lost"
The only reason we haven't withdrawn the offer is because we want the compensation. But to be honest I don't even think MR is that bothered.
He will be serving fries in McDonald's before you know it.

fernandopartridge

He's finished mate, he's last seasons news, no one gives a toss about him anymore. Leicester have other targets they are pursuing, and he wouldn't get on our bench now. It's a classic case of "he who hesitates is lost"
The only reason we haven't withdrawn the offer is because we want the compensation. But to be honest I don't even think MR is that bothered.
I don't think it's quite like that for him and I'd personally welcome him back into the fold. Though it seems unlikely that he'll sign with us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

Sorry fatso, but George Thomas gave his all for us and doesn't deserve to be evaluated like that.
George Thomas, winning goal at Wembley, in the team of the tournament at Toulon.
I don't know if your name is ironic but what have you done that can match his achievements?

Users who are viewing this thread