George Floyd (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

White people do have the ability to do that. This just isn’t an example of racism and to claim it as such is just distracting from racist issues. An accusation some have levelled at black people.

It’s fine to question it and have a discussion about it though. As it is about the water buffalo comment. The difference is “snowflake” is an insult commentating on the mindset of individuals and suggesting they are too easily offended. It has nothing to do with race or skin colour and has no historical connection to racism. Referring to a black person as an animal can be done to infer they are of a lower species and has a long historical precedent.

To say these are the same and imply it’s about picking and choosing offence or give better rights to some over others seems wilfully obtuse or at the least ignorant of context and history.
The first highlighted comment is just your opinion.

Actually the expression "snowflake" is used , albeit far less than it was in the 1970's , towards white people from sections of the black community in London in particular.
To say "snowflake" has nothing to do with race or skin colour surely is at the behest of the recipient of such a remark, and not for you to decide . If it's not, those on here who say Akinfenwa has the right to be offended by the water buffalo remark are incorrect.

You need to amend your comment "referring to a black person as an animal......" to include white as well. I can be offended by being compared to a water buffalo, a pig, a horse , a dog etc. You could have included that but conveniently forgot. If you had it reads rather differently.

skybluetony176

The first highlighted comment is just your opinion.

Actually the expression "snowflake" is used , albeit far less than it was in the 1970's , towards white people from sections of the black community in London in particular.
To say "snowflake" has nothing to do with race or skin colour surely is at the behest of the recipient of such a remark, and not for you to decide . If it's not, those on here who say Akinfenwa has the right to be offended by the water buffalo remark are incorrect.

You need to amend your comment "referring to a black person as an animal......" to include white as well. I can be offended by being compared to a water buffalo, a pig, a horse , a dog etc. You could have included that but conveniently forgot. If you had it reads rather differently.
I wonder if you actually know the original meaning of snowflake when used to describe a white person by a black person? I’ll give you a clue, slave trade.

skybluetony176

Since we are about. Here’s a tv show about my cousin.

Gee Walker is an incredible woman. The memory of her speaking on the steps outside of court following her son’s killers conviction is inspirational. Always stuck with me.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Look at the thread title, your Miss World take on racism doesn't really cut it for me. I do stuff to combat racism in the real world, I haven't done anywhere near enough but I'll endeavor to do more. Writing words on a football forum is really not combating racism.

Get over yourself.

Coming across so condescending does nothing for the greater good. It doesn't win anyone over, it doesn't change opinions, and it doesn't fight racism.

You still haven't answered my questions on the BLM movement, you still haven't backed up your dismissing of my points with any facts whatsoever, and you're generally coming across as someone who wants a badge rather than actual change.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Since we are about. Here’s a tv show about my cousin.

That story made my stomach sick. I remember at the time being in school and my dad was telling me about how much of a prick his brother was (Joey).

What I never understood was why Barton had his sentence reduced. Supposedly good behaviour was it? I think that's disrespectful in itself.

The seriousness of this demonstrates to me where the focus of real racism is. It's ugly and it's horrible, but by sharing that story I think people can be educated and would actually take note to be more proactive in fighting inequality.

It just makes things like the water buffalo comment completely insignificant in comparison. In my opinion it does the opposite of what the horrendous situation that happened to your cousin can do to teach the right lessons to the wrong people.

All the race baiting calling everything racist makes a mockery of real situations like this, and as much as people have frustratingly failed to see my points. That's exactly what I'm going on about.

So sorry for the pain and loss to your family through this.

Skybluefaz

Get over yourself.

Coming across so condescending does nothing for the greater good. It doesn't win anyone over, it doesn't change opinions, and it doesn't fight racism.

You still haven't answered my questions on the BLM movement, you still haven't backed up your dismissing of my points with any facts whatsoever, and you're generally coming across as someone who wants a badge rather than actual change.
I don't recall any questions on the BLM movement? What points? The weird black rimmed telly thing? That's not a point, that's an assumption you've made and then qualified it yourself without any actual facts or evidence. It's not even worth arguing about.

As for the wanting a badge comment, grow the fuck up.

RegTheDonk

.... we've seen plenty of incidents of peaceful protestors sitting/kneeling at the police going in with batons and pepper spray. What aggression was there to warrant the use of force? If one of the protestors reacts to that provocation then the people say "had to use force as they were being aggressive" when the reason they were being aggressive was because of initial police aggression escalating it.
Is this in the UK?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I wonder if you actually know the original meaning of snowflake when used to describe a white person by a black person? I’ll give you a clue, slave trade.
Yes I do. Is that alright ?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't recall any questions on the BLM movement? What points? The weird black rimmed telly thing? That's not a point, that's an assumption you've made and then qualified it yourself without any actual facts or evidence. It's not even worth arguing about.

As for the wanting a badge comment, grow the fuck up.

Telling me to grow the fuck up? You have come on this thread with absolutely no solutions to resolving racism and had a pop at anyone who doesn't agree with your warped mentality. Virtue signalling and calling people racist.

Say all you want about me, you are a pathetic man.

Ring Of Steel

Telling me to grow the fuck up? You have come on this thread with absolutely no solutions to resolving racism and had a pop at anyone who doesn't agree with your warped mentality. Virtue signalling and calling people racist.

Say all you want about me, you are a pathetic man.

Yeah- just a hunch, but you might do you & your reputation no harm by explaining things like your Tommy Robinson fandom- which you have noticeably sidestepped- & why your first reaction to this whole thing was to express anger at ‘being asked to apologise for being white’. At that point you might be on slightly less shaky ground telling others they’re somehow more of a problem than you & coming out with the usual meaningless fallback of ‘virtue signalling’/ ‘race card’ etc.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Another person going straight for the "I can't breath" approach.

Meanwhile people stand around and film shouting don't put your neck on his neck.

This is the problem I've been pointing out when it goes too far and gets silly.

clint van damme

Another person going straight for the "I can't breath" approach.

Meanwhile people stand around and film shouting don't put your neck on his neck.

This is the problem I've been pointing out when it goes too far and gets silly.

Nothing wrong with what the police are doing there and those lads are clearly taking the puss but you keep saying that these incidents detract from actual racism but you've dredged this story up from a Twitter account with 3 thousand followers but ignored a racist attack last week that was on national TV so whose doing the distracting?

Nick

Administrator
Nothing wrong with what the police are doing there and those lads are clearly taking the puss but you keep saying that these incidents detract from actual racism but you've dredged this story up from a Twitter account with 3 thousand followers but ignored a racist attack last week that was on national TV so whose doing the distracting?

I haven't seen national TV, what's happened?

The thing is, if somebody has attacked somebody else based on the colour of their skin then they are scum of the earth. Hopefully they will have been caught and had more than a knee on their necks.

My point is that people will try and take the piss out of the police by going straight in for that shout. The police need to start arresting the bystanders.

clint van damme

The thing is, if somebody has attacked somebody else based on the colour of their skin then they are scum of the earth. Hopefully they will have been caught and had more than a knee on their necks.

My point is that people will try and take the piss out of the police by going straight in for that shout. The police need to start arresting the bystanders.

It was linked in this thread ( Faz post 4196 on Friday) and was all over the national news.

Nick

Administrator
It was linked in this thread ( Faz post 4196 on Friday) and was all over the national news.
Glad to see they have arrested 2 people for it.

Hopefully the attempted murder charge will stick as well.

It's inhumane and cowardly to run somebody over like that and then shout stuff running away.

Fucking scum! Thankfully he wasn't seriously hurt compared to what he could have been but it's attempted murder.

clint van damme

I think anyone with an ounce of common sense can see the police did nothing wrong though I'm not sure what law the bystanders broke other than talking shit. They've embarrassed themselves though.

Nick

Administrator
I think anyone with an ounce of common sense can see the police did nothing wrong though I'm not sure what law the bystanders broke other than talking shit. They've embarrassed themselves though.
They should be done for getting in the way and making things more difficult.

That's my point, so many more arrests they are going to have this to deal with.

Nick

Administrator
Genuine question. Who in your opinion is at fault for that?
People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

So... The dick trying to fight the police and the dicks stood around filming and getting in the way. The dick shouting he can't breath and bystanders saying don't put your neck on his neck.

Sick Boy

So... The dick trying to fight the police and the dicks stood around filming and getting in the way. The dick shouting he can't breath and bystanders saying don't put your neck on his neck.
Are you now talking about another video? ;)

RegTheDonk

Shame the police don't enforce the common law of refusing to assist a constable. Ask these dicks filming to help, then have them arrested afterwards for not doing so. Might stop a few of these arseholes chipping in and enflaming the situation.

Nick

Administrator
Shame the police don't enforce the common law of refusing to assist a constable. Ask these dicks filming to help, then have them arrested afterwards for not doing so. Might stop a few of these arseholes chipping in and enflaming the situation.

Exactly, it's as if they want to wind the police up in a hostile situation as much as they can.

It's phones out, shouting stuff at them.

skybluetony176

So do you think the killing of George Floyd has anything to do with it? Or to be more precise the circumstances surrounding it?

Nick

Administrator
So do you think the killing of George Floyd has anything to do with it? Or to be more precise the circumstances surrounding it?

Again, people need to be responsible for their own actions don't they?

Something happening in America doesn't give people over here a free pass to act like cunts. That isn't how it works.

It's a bit weird you are trying to absolve them of blame and make it about the copper in America though, maybe we can all sit about looking for things going on across the world and use it as excuses to be cunts ourselves?

It is exactly part of the issue, people need to face up and accept responsibility.

Ring Of Steel

Something happening in America doesn't give people over here a free pass to act like cunts. That isn't how it works.

It's a bit weird you are trying to absolve them of blame and make it about the copper in America though, maybe we can all sit about looking for things going on across the world and use it as excuses to be cunts ourselves?

It is exactly part of the issue, people need to face up and accept responsibility.

Is he absolving them? Well I’m not absolving them of anything, the police did nothing wrong whatsoever, that’s patently obvious- but to utterly ignore & refuse to acknowledge everything that might just have contributed to us ending up with things like this going on (not just in America, here as well), well there’s a big part of your answer as to why nothing ever changes, right there.

skybluetony176

It’s not about absolving anyone of blame, the guy acted like a dick, the officers clearly did nothing wrong. What it does demonstrate though is that what people do effects others, even on the other side of the world. How many of them people would have behaved like that around that situation had George Floyd not been killed so publicly?

Have you ever thought that the people filming actually see it as some sort of protection for other black people? They’re circling the wagons so to speak.

skybluetony176

Is he absolving them? Well I’m not absolving them of anything, the police did nothing wrong whatsoever, that’s patently obvious- but to utterly ignore & refuse to acknowledge everything that might just have contributed to us ending up with things like this going on (not just in America, here as well), well there’s a big part of your answer as to why nothing ever changes, right there.
No I’m not.

Nick

Administrator
It’s not about absolving anyone of blame, the guy acted like a dick, the officers clearly did nothing wrong. What it does demonstrate though is that what people do effects others, even on the other side of the world. How many of them people would have behaved like that around that situation had George Floyd not been killed so publicly?

Have you ever thought that the people filming actually see it as some sort of protection for other black people? They’re circling the wagons so to speak.

No they are pricks. Do you think that sort of thing is a new thing?

There's no excusing it. I'm pretty sure if somebody said "protection for white people" while standing about watching 2 black coppers struggling with a white bloke it wouldn't go down too well. Rightly so as well.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing changes because people feel like they cant say that they are cunts because they are worried people will think it's because of their skin colour. It's not, it's because they are cunts.

None of this "oh but look at what's happened". Part of the issue is that there will always be people who refuse to condemn that sort of shit and try to find some long stretched excuse for it.

Their skin colour doesn't matter, they are cunts. Just like they would be if it was edl dickheads stood around filming coppers struggling.

Stop giving people a pass to be cunts. It's so naive it's worrying.

George flloyd doesn't excuse any of that.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

No they are pricks. Do you think that sort of thing is a new thing?

There's no excusing it. I'm pretty sure if somebody said "protection for white people" while standing about watching 2 black coppers struggling with a white bloke it wouldn't go down too well. Rightly so as well.
Ok, I’ll try to dumb this down for you. Let’s say 30% of the world population were CCFC fans however large numbers of these CCFC fans lived in parts of the world that were predominantly Villa fans and the police forces were disproportionately high in these areas of villa fans and for some reason the ccfc fans were disproportionately stopped and searched and the ccfc fans were also disproportionately victims of police violence. Then let’s just say that a ccfc fan had been very publicly killed by villa fan police officers there wouldn’t be a bone in your body that wouldn’t film the police arresting a ccfc fan as a safety net to ensure that the police behave reasonable while performing arrest?

How many times has a thread been started on here when sections of our fans (usually at away games) feel the police are being heavy handed? How many match threads do we get a comment that the police are being heavy handed? How often do you hear someone on the phone in or they read a text out saying that the police are being heavy handed? A lot is the answer. It’s a group of like minded people looking out for each other. Look at the incident in the town centre during the promotion celebration. Most people were rounded on those guys because they believed that they pulled a knife on another city fan.
What else do you expect black people to do other than to have each other’s backs? Especially when they’re treated different by the police. If that means filming the police when they’re arresting another black person I’m not sure why that’s a bad thing. It protects who ever is being arrested, a person who may or may not be innocent by the way. But what you’re also ignoring is it also protects officers who act within the law themselves. In the circumstances of that arrest it’s very possible that the guy being arrested got injured. His own fault because he was resisting arrest and nothing I saw in that video remotely suggest that the police used excessive force. But let’s say that the guy who got injured by resisting arrest claims police brutality and the officers themselves get investigated? There’s now viral videos that exonerate those officers. That’s a good thing is it not?
These videos aren’t a bad thing. If a violent police officer loses his job because of one of these videos that’s a good thing. Police brutality and excessive force is part of the problem not the cure.
If police officers doing a good job arresting someone who is resisting arrest are vindicated by these videos that’s also a good thing as good police officers are part of the cure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread