George Floyd (3 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

But a water buffalo? Not for a minute do I associate that as a metaphor for racial type. I associate it with somebody who's a fat lad and who runs through walls at will, regardless of race. Without irony or wishing to make a point, perhaps I do need to be educated.
Why sound apologetic ?
Its all getting very very silly now. The race card is being played for fun.
You can say Akinfenwa is an oversized, fat, lazy useless lump of lard but because a buffalo might have dark skin that's going too far.
Its laughable. I lose respect for people like Akinfenwa when he says things like this. He's just trying to stir the pot and it's a pretty poor attempt .

Marty

Racist abuse in football is real. A number of us have on occasions witnessed shocking, and deeply embarrassing, behaviour from our own 'fans'. But doesn't the below verge on the right not to be offended?

Wycombe's Adebayo Akinfenwa says he was racially abused during Monday's League One play-off match against Fleetwood.

The 38-year-old striker says he found out after the game that he was was referred to as a "fat water buffalo" by a representative from the opposition.

"I believe it dehumanises me as a black man by associating me to a water buffalo, a dark animal, in a derogatory manner," Akinfenwa said in a statement.

Adebayo Akinfenwa: Wycombe striker says he was racially abused in play-off tie

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You can say Akinfenwa is an oversized, fat, lazy useless lump of lard but because a buffalo might have dark skin that's going too far.
Its laughable. I lose respect for people like Akinfenwa when he says things like this. He's just trying to stir the pot and it's a pretty poor attempt .
Its his size that's brought about this, nothing else. Perhaps he should blame his mum or bullying at school.

ccfc92

Racist abuse in football is real. A number of us have on occasions witnessed shocking, and deeply embarrassing, behaviour from our own 'fans'. But doesn't the below verge on the right not to be offended?

Wycombe's Adebayo Akinfenwa says he was racially abused during Monday's League One play-off match against Fleetwood.

The 38-year-old striker says he found out after the game that he was was referred to as a "fat water buffalo" by a representative from the opposition.

"I believe it dehumanises me as a black man by associating me to a water buffalo, a dark animal, in a derogatory manner," Akinfenwa said in a statement.

Adebayo Akinfenwa: Wycombe striker says he was racially abused in play-off tie

EccghHcXgAAoqZo.jpg

clint van damme

Its his size that's brought about this, nothing else. Perhaps he should blame his mum or bullying at school.

You really think that having just got to a play off final at Wembley he decided to go public with this just to 'stir the pot'.

I can't see it personally.

Skybluefaz

You really think that having just got to a play off final at Wembley he decided to go public with this just to 'stir the pot'.

The race card card thing is a tell in itself, still not sure how the lad on the bike was 'playing the race card' after being accused of it by @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 the irony being that earlsdon entered this thread by trying to gaslight the black lives matter phrase by using his race.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For years, the image of a black man or woman as sexualised, savage, uncivilised has been used as a racial stereotype in opposition.to cultured, civilised, intellectual whites.

It's pretty offensive, as it continues a racist trope over a period of centuries. I think it's safe to say where they were heading.

“Linford Christie is way out in front in every department, and we don’t just mean the way he stormed to victory in the 100 metres. His skin tight lycra shorts hide little as he pounds down the track and his Olympic-sized talents are a source of delight to women around the world. But the mystery remains- just what does Linford, 32, pack in that famous lunchbox?”
(The Sun 6/8/92)

The stereotype is even repeated when reporting about him complaining about it, too!

Because the same paper having page 3 definitely promoted those white girls as cultured, civilised and intellectual...as well as that page 7 fella that appeared for a short while.

As has been mentioned there were plenty of other black athletes who weren't subjected to the same. Fact is his clothing made it quite clear he was quite well blessed. Pretty much everyone watching noticed. It had nothing to do with a racial sterotype and everything to do with his actual physique.

Now you can argue that it was crass but loads of women had their achievements overlooked for their physical appearance too. But one thing it wasn't was racist. Had a white guy come out with that much of a bulge in his pants it would've been mentioned as well.

Grendel

There is also a racist sterotype of white trash as well.

The press at that time would just single out features to mock - especially characters like Christie who was never a natural friend of Fleet Street

Meghan Markle had it easy compared to say Sarah Ferguson. She was called the Duchess of Pork and one tabloid had a picture of her (as a pig) and a goat and there was a poll to decide who you’d rather have sex with. Answer next day 80% want sex with the goat than old porky.

Eastenders when it had a gay character - east benders

Luke Chadwick has a pizza for a face and it now transpires needed counselling as the abuse was relentless

Christie has a big dick (some would say he is a big dick and of course mired in controversy) it’s not a great example

NorthernWisdom

Because the same paper having page 3 definitely promoted those white girls as cultured, civilised and intellectual...as well as that page 7 fella that appeared for a short while.

As has been mentioned there were plenty of other black athletes who weren't subjected to the same. Fact is his clothing made it quite clear he was quite well blessed. Pretty much everyone watching noticed. It had nothing to do with a racial sterotype and everything to do with his actual physique.

Now you can argue that it was crass but loads of women had their achievements overlooked for their physical appearance too. But one thing it wasn't was racist. Had a white guy come out with that much of a bulge in his pants it would've been mentioned as well.
Totally irrelevant. I can get you quotes from lots of papers, I've shown the historical precedent.

The depiction of black man and woman as sexualised, deviant, is a racist stereotype.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

ADM is weirdo Clint
Says the man who's suddenly decided he's changed skin colour to suit the occasion.

Will you be changing your God next time there's a terrorist attack ?

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He's not fat though, bloke is ripped to the point he can hardly run!
He is indeed and clearly he's made himself that way: big, powerful, heavy . I'd rather think a buffalo was like a battering ram. The comparison if anything is probably complimentary under almost most circumstances but sadly the colour of a buffalo appears to be causing offence. I never noticed before what colour a buffalo was. I bet not many people had really noticed either.
Now we all know. Its pathetic.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I can . It keeps it in the public eye.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yeah the notion that he’s fat is absurd.
The point is it's fine to call a footballer a fat bastard, lazy, money grabbing, Judas, woman beater, a c**t, etc. Its heard every week at every game.
However, a buffalo is going too far because of its colour.
Really ?

Ring Of Steel

The point is it's fine to call a footballer a fat bastard, lazy, money grabbing, Judas, woman beater, a c**t, etc. Its heard every week at every game.
However, a buffalo is going too far because of its colour.
Really ?

So are you saying Raheem Sterling raises the issue of racism in order to stay in the public eye?

Skybluefaz

The point is it's fine to call a footballer a fat bastard, lazy, money grabbing, Judas, woman beater, a c**t
It's not fine though is it really? None of us are perfect though and have undoubtedly indulged in a bit of that. Maybe Bayo feels it is right given the current state of affairs that he should shine a light on those comments. No doubt he's been a victim of racist abuse before on multiple occasions, one of our fans subjected him to some racist abuse over Twitter. He's probably fucking sick of it. Like all of us should be.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Totally irrelevant. I can get you quotes from lots of papers, I've shown the historical precedent.

The depiction of black man and woman as sexualised, deviant, is a racist stereotype.

Beyonce, Rhianna etc perform very sexual dances in skimpy outfits. Strong, independent black women
Miley Cyrus, white girl bands do the same - naive little girls exploited because they're slutty fame whores.

As I said Christie wasn't mentioned because it's a black stereotype. It's because he had a very noticeable appendage in his outfit when he was running.

Marty

It's not fine though is it really? None of us are perfect though and have undoubtedly indulged in a bit of that. Maybe Bayo feels it is right given the current state of affairs that he should shine a light on those comments. No doubt he's been a victim of racist abuse before on multiple occasions, one of our fans subjected him to some racist abuse over Twitter. He's probably fucking sick of it. Like all of us should be.

I'm not sure how he can whinge about something that he calls himself?

NorthernWisdom

Beyonce, Rhianna etc perform very sexual dances in skimpy outfits. Strong, independent black women
Miley Cyrus, white girl bands do the same - naive little girls exploited because they're slutty fame whores.

As I said Christie wasn't mentioned because it's a black stereotype. It's because he had a very noticeable appendage in his outfit when he was running.
Linford Christie says it's racist, it's a known racist trope over the centuries... but it's not racist?

Media propogates a racist sterotype, media also does some other bad things, and this is said for what reason exactly?

The reasoning is getting perilously close to the origin of this thread, where part of the rising up after george Floyd's murder was because some of the justification was he had a criminal past.

It's irrelevant.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So are you saying Raheem Sterling raises the issue of racism in order to stay in the public eye?
Have I ever mentioned raheem sterling ?
He loves publicity however he can get it. Remember the explanation for the gun tattoo ? Absolute classic. He hasn't got much going on top side has he?
Am I saying that because he's black though or because I think he's a tosser ?

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

Have I ever mentioned raheem sterling ?
He loves publicity however he can get it. Remember the explanation for the gun tattoo ? Absolute classic. He hasn't got much going on top side has he?
Am I saying that because he's black though or because I think he's a tosser ?

Neither, you’re saying it because you’re attempting to sidestep answering the question.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I know. Your point is that this gets raised to stay in the public eye and it’s “playing the race card”. Raheem Sterling has also been vocal about racism in football- do you apply the same explanation to that?
He has a tattoo on his leg of a gun. A big one. I think it's because his uncle was shot dead.
Its a bit like a family relative of a victim of the Yorkshire ripper getting Peter Sutcliffe's face tattooed on their body.
Bearing that in mind I usually laugh at anything raheem sterling says.

Ring Of Steel

He has a tattoo on his leg of a gun. A big one. I think it's because his uncle was shot dead.
Its a bit like a family relative of a victim of the Yorkshire ripper getting Peter Sutcliffe's face tattooed on their body.
Bearing that in mind I usually laugh at anything raheem sterling says.

Did you laugh when he talked about those blokes doing monkey chants at him?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Neither, you’re saying it because you’re attempting to sidestep answering the question.
You always say that when you don't get the answer you want.
Raheem sterling is generally disliked amongst football fans outside of Manchester . You'd love to say it's racism because you think you have the moral high ground as usual.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Did you laugh when he talked about those blokes doing monkey chants at him?
Did you ? Did you do anything to help stamp it out or just whing on here ?

Ring Of Steel

You always say that when you don't get the answer you want.
Raheem sterling is generally disliked amongst football fans outside of Manchester . You'd love to say it's racism because you think you have the moral high ground as usual.

I’ll just ask one more time- so you don’t think there is any racism there?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Linford Christie says it's racist, it's a known racist trope over the centuries... but it's not racist?

Media propogates a racist sterotype, media also does some other bad things, and this is said for what reason exactly?

The reasoning is getting perilously close to the origin of this thread, where part of the rising up after george Floyd's murder was because some of the justification was he had a criminal past.

It's irrelevant.

Netenyahu says criticising him is anti-Semitic. Just because someone thinks something doesn't mean its true. It's not like it's a trope that the black community have preyed upon over the years is it? "Once you go black you don't go back"

Linford Christie appeared to have a large penis that was very prominent in his running wear. That's the fact. It's not something that was imagined because he's black. It was there for everyone to see. Had it beena white guy it would've been noticed and mentioned as well. Say if Roger Black had appeared that well endowed he'd have become referred to as something like Todger Black.

Users who are viewing this thread