George Floyd (17 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Last time I checked, it was a criminal offence. It’s AT LEAST a fine of 50% of your weekly income. To walk on a motorway.
Wonder how many will be fined? I assume the police will be asking people what all the little metal canisters scattered about are too.

Will they fuck.

If they really cared about police brutality they would have gone to Holbrooks up the road where Sean Fitzgerald was shot. I doubt they even know about that though.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The bad news of course for the Churchill was a racist mob is that, depending on your age, your grandparents/great grandparents were probably pretty damn racist by todays standards. Should we go around mass spray painting the graves of old racists?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I suppose there's no end to demonising our history. Is it going to change the future is what matters ? Perhaps we should remove statutes that tip their hat to past ill treatment and, as has been suggested on here earlier, put them in a museum in the correct context.
Real political engagement is the key.

Ian1779

Last time I checked, it was a criminal offence. It’s AT LEAST a fine of 50% of your weekly income. To walk on a motorway.
So the government owes itself half of some salaries.

Maybe not confuse them - they’re struggling as it is.

Nick

Administrator
So the government owes itself half of some salaries.

Maybe not confuse them - they’re struggling as it is.
How about take it and give it to charity?

I didn't see any MPs dragging and forcing people down the motorway.

The coventrian

M6 completely closed.

Let's see how many get arrested, the police stood about watching. Too scared to do much I suppose.

Loads of cars parked up on the slip road which I assume some have got out of. Tow them all away, motoring offences for all the pricks who have stopped their cars on the motor way or have people hanging out of them.

It is going to end up out of hand.
Ffs. Theyll end up on the receiving end if they keep this shit up. The original message of racial equality has now gone. It's all for Facebook and Instagram likes now.

Nick

Administrator
Ffs. Theyll end up on the receiving end if they keep this shit up. The original message of racial equality has now gone. It's all for Facebook and Instagram likes now.
To be honest, the majority that I saw looked like white professional millennium protesters.

Looks the same on videos on social media too.

I doubt half of them on the motorway give a shit about the cause and just wanted to get in the paper.

clint van damme

To be honest, the majority that I saw looked like white professional millennium protesters.

Looks the same on videos on social media too.

must be a different lot to those who walked through Earlsdon as that had lots of black participants.

Sky Blue Harry H

Part of the problem is that there will be such a disparate range of things amongst demonstrators about what they want, that it it is almost impossible to placate them. It's not as if they are trying to get a specific law changed. Agree with the comment about real political engagement needed - and some sort of coherent mouthpiece (that is representative and respected by protesters) is formed, otherwise all that potentially happens is a weekend turnout of a large mixture of people without a concrete goal, with only potential conflict as the extreme element push the boundaries. Be good to see some effective, lawful, leadership materialise.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What's currently happening in the UK this weekend is completely the opposite of this sentiment.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

M6 completely closed.

Let's see how many get arrested, the police stood about watching. Too scared to do much I suppose.

Loads of cars parked up on the slip road which I assume some have got out of. Tow them all away, motoring offences for all the pricks who have stopped their cars on the motor way or have people hanging out of them.

It is going to end up out of hand.
It's not ccfcway is it he suggested blocking the M6 in the promotion party thread

Grendel

Nick

The birmingham media wouldn't give a fuck.

I'll change it though.

Someone let Grendal know I'm going to kick his fucking head in.

Ta

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Oh David I’m so scared

skybluetony176

The bad news of course for the Churchill was a racist mob is that, depending on your age, your grandparents/great grandparents were probably pretty damn racist by todays standards. Should we go around mass spray painting the graves of old racists?

Top whataboutary there.

Ring Of Steel

I suppose there's no end to demonising our history. Is it going to change the future is what matters ? Perhaps we should remove statutes that tip their hat to past ill treatment and, as has been suggested on here earlier, put them in a museum in the correct context.
Real political engagement is the key.

I agree with this- as well as the positive things our history is unfortunately quite well stocked with horrendous incidents such as slave trading, concentration camps, wiping indigenous people out & stealing their resources etc- can’t do anything about it now but acknowledge it, accept it, deal with it and move ahead. I don’t think the problem here in 2020 is that it happened, nothing any of us can do about that- it’s the lack of acknowledgement & keeping statues up of slave traders, not exactly sure that gives off the right message.

Grendel

Don't threats get people banned these days?

David is a pathetic keyboard gobshite - I would ban him as he’s clearly just on here to act like a twat but I’m not going to lose sleep over it

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I agree with this- as well as the positive things our history is unfortunately quite well stocked with horrendous incidents such as slave trading, concentration camps, wiping indigenous people out & stealing their resources etc- can’t do anything about it now but acknowledge it, accept it, deal with it and move ahead. I don’t think the problem here in 2020 is that it happened, nothing any of us can do about that- it’s the lack of acknowledgement & keeping statues up of slave traders, not exactly sure that gives off the right message.
You're right. The problem is , as you say, we can't change what has been done in the past but we can acknowledge it.
Now, if someone then wants to jump up and down and continue to want to rant and rave then a lot of people will give them short shrift.
The Bristol statue has been torn down .
The Churchill statue has become a target.
Police and protesters have been injured.
The M6:has been blocked.
The war memorial in Plymouth has been stood over by dozens of youths who anticipate an attack and claim they are defending it.

The question is what happens next? This will polarise the population if it worsens. It will set sections of the community against each other. If wanton disruption is all that ensues in the name of George Floyd and equality then there will be other groups going out onto the streets looking to take matters into their own hands.

David O'Day

Grendal is trying to reply to me even though he made a massive song and dance about putting me on ignore.

Once again he's been caught out lying

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Let's tear down every single statue of every single historic figure in the UK and every building that may have been erected through dodgy means.

Yes, .......and then everyone will be happy .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Grendal is trying to reply to me even though he made a massive song and dance about putting me on ignore.

Once again he's been caught out lying

No one gives a shit.

David O'Day

The PE teacher weirdo doesn't get what being on ignore means.

I feel for the children
488ec7ed31a8daa7bccd1fb89195cdf6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread