General Election 2019 thread (17 Viewers)

Grendel

Are you suggesting 20k fewer police and hospitals failing left right and centre has not affected number of deaths? I saw it with my own eyes in Cov hospital with my old man passing away in a corridor lined up with a dozen others in 2017, with only one overstretched doctor in sight. Please think harder before you type in future.

The uk deaths of 130,000 is from a discredited report

SkyblueBazza

Are you suggesting 20k fewer police and hospitals failing left right and centre has not affected number of deaths? I saw it with my own eyes in Cov hospital with my old man passing away in a corridor lined up with a dozen others in 2017, with only one overstretched doctor in sight. Please think harder before you type in future.
Are you drunk?

I have questioned a post about a post claiming a number of people that have died as a result of austerity.

Really sorry to hear of your father's situation. Had poor experience of similar myself from 2yrs before that. Can you simply blame austerity though? Was he likely to pass away anyhow? Are you suggesting similar things didn't happen before 2010? Because I believe they have been happening for decades!

So why are you wading in with totally random shit? The death rate figures are actually slightly less since austerity not greater. Now I am in now way suggesting austerity has had a positive effect on anything. But to blame it for people dying is simply unprovable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skybluetony176

You can absolutely link an increase in deaths to austerity by simply looking at one aspect of the effects of austerity, homelessness. You don’t even have to look for left wing reports on it either, just look at the governments own statistics. Homelessness has increased under austerity and the death rate amongst the homeless has increased year on year under austerity. Up 22% in 2018 alone. Merry Xmas everyone.

clint van damme

Are you drunk?

I have questioned a post about a post claiming a number of people that have died as a result of austerity.

Really sorry to hear of your father's situation. Had poor experience of similar myself from 2yrs before that. Can you simply blame austerity though? Was he likely to pass away anyhow? Are you suggesting similar things didn't happen before 2010? Because I believe they have been happening for decades!

So why are you wading in with totally random shit? The death rate figures are actually slightly less since austerity not greater. Now I am in now way suggesting austerity has had a positive effect on anything. But to blame it for people dying is simply unprovable.

As Grendel mentioned the 130,000 figure comes from a flawed report so it isn't possible to say for sure that those deaths are caused by austerity or even if there were 130,000 deaths.

However, there is plenty of evidence, including anecdotal evidence of individual cases which we've all seen that austerity is linked to.
Tony has pointed out the links between austerity, homelessness and increased deaths above.
And even if only a fraction of those deaths are due to austerity, in a large western economy, which despite the narrative driven by the right wing press actually spends less of it's GDP on welfare than it's peer countries that's shameful and itscallous to suggest otherwise (Though no doubt you will).

Last edited:

Astute

Total net social spending takes into account public and private social expenditure, and also includes the effect of direct taxes (income tax and social security contributions), indirect taxation of consumption on cash benefits, as well as tax breaks for social purposes.

Country
France 31.72
UnitedStates 30.3
Belgium 26.74
Netherlands 26.35
Denmark 25.46
Italy 25.47
Finland 25.38
Germany 24.89
Sweden 24.51
United Kingdom 24.51
Austria 24.31
Switzerland 23.71
Australia 23.51
Japan 23.51
Portugal 23.16
Spain 22.91
Greece 22.41
Norway 22.19
Canada 20.92
OECD Average 20.92
Slovenia 20.62
Czech Republic 18.62
Luxembourg 18.22
Iceland 18.22
Hungary 18.12
New Zealand 17.62
Slovak Republic 17.42
Israel 16.52
Ireland 16.13
Estonia 14.93
Latvia 13.73
Chile 13.33
South Korea 13.3
Turkey 11.23
Mexico 7.73
Poland 0.9

How many are above us because of a higher state pension? Because ours is crap.

The coventrian

You can absolutely link an increase in deaths to austerity by simply looking at one aspect of the effects of austerity, homelessness. You don’t even have to look for left wing reports on it either, just look at the governments own statistics. Homelessness has increased under austerity and the death rate amongst the homeless has increased year on year under austerity. Up 22% in 2018 alone. Merry Xmas everyone.
Homelessness? How many of them these days are bleeding foreign? Its bound to keep on rising with those lot coming over thinking this is the land of milk and honey. They must grossly inflate the figures. You wanna walk from euston to st pancras. Foreign beggars/homeless sitting in the pathways begging for money. Theres loads of them.
We know we homeless problem,we always have. How many of them are self inflicted cases though? I get theres genuine cases but its hard to see them through all trash from abroad. I used to give money to the homeless but not anymore because of this reason.
You wanna watch an episode of that cant pay we'll take it away programme. I'd say 9 out of 10 families in London they evict are foreign. How much housing do they take up? People are sick of it.

Sick Boy

Homelessness? How many of them these days are bleeding foreign? Its bound to keep on rising with those lot coming over thinking this is the land of milk and honey. They must grossly inflate the figures. You wanna walk from euston to st pancras. Foreign beggars/homeless sitting in the pathways begging for money. Theres loads of them.
We know we homeless problem,we always have. How many of them are self inflicted cases though? I get theres genuine cases but its hard to see them through all trash from abroad. I used to give money to the homeless but not anymore because of this reason.
You wanna watch an episode of that cant pay we'll take it away programme. I'd say 9 out of 10 families in London they evict are foreign. How much housing do they take up? People are sick of it.
A local country for local people.

And using ‘Can’t Pay We’ll Take it Away’ as evidence - haha!

Brighton Sky Blue

At least you’re honest.

Sky Blue Pete

Is this the very definition of racism ??

SkyblueBazza

Wrong.

You cannot prove that homelessness has risen BECAUSE of austerity. The figures (which you refer to but I haven't looked at) will simply show that homelessness has increased at a time of austerity. Homelessness previously has increased at times without any austerity too.

CCFC seem to play better this season, so is that because we are playing at St. Andrews? No - there are far more complex and wider issues that impact it.

Sky Blue Pete

Wrong.

You cannot prove that homelessness has risen BECAUSE of austerity. The figures (which you refer to but I haven't looked at) will simply show that homelessness has increased at a time of austerity. Homelessness previously has increased at times without any austerity too.

CCFC seem to play better this season, so is that because we are playing at St. Andrews? No - there are far more complex and wider issues that impact it.

Sometimes ochums rasor is bang on though

Ian1779

Maybe you should ask yourself why TV shows like that even exist....

Have you heard of social conditioning?

The coventrian

A local country for local people.

And using ‘Can’t Pay We’ll Take it Away’ as evidence - haha!
The programme was just an example.
Skilled people from abroad are more than welcome as we need them. What's wrong with cherry picking the best? The scroungers can stay out. Not a difficult concept to grasp is it?
Anyway you hate this country so why are you bothered?

Ian1779

No it isnt. Its called my opinion. It's just a typical left tactic though isnt it? Stick your fingers in your ears and scream racism.
A left tactic? Your very post screams of intolerance.

Are you saying that if we ended migration today that all those unskilled jobs that are currently filled by economic migrants will be picked up by the indigenous people and we won’t have any shortages in those areas?

Sick Boy

The programme was just an example.
Skilled people from abroad are more than welcome as we need them. What's wrong with cherry picking the best? The scroungers can stay out. Not a difficult concept to grasp is it?
Anyway you hate this country so why are you bothered?

A response as predictable and as pathetic as you.

The country is going to need unskilled migration in the future, by the way. You quite clearly have a problem with foreigners, so you’re likely to end up disappointed.

Now get back to watching Channel 5, watch out you don’t catch flies though, eh?

The coventrian

A left tactic? Your very post screams of intolerance.

Are you saying that if we ended migration today that all those unskilled jobs that are currently filled by economic migrants will be picked up by the indigenous people and we won’t have any shortages in those areas?
No I'm not but don't tell me the influx of foreigners isnt helping. Theres plenty of unskilled workers in this country that cant get into work because of this. Every fucking parcel that gets to delivered to my house is by a foreigner. Why cant our unemployed do these jobs?

The coventrian

A response as predictable and as pathetic as you.

The country is going to need unskilled migration in the future, by the way. You quite clearly have a problem with foreigners, so you’re likely to end up disappointed.

Now get back to watching Channel 5, watch out you don’t catch flies though, eh?
Says the plastic paddy/Italian who hates the English? Yes I do have a problem with foreigners. The foreigners who come over here to scrounge/beg. Are you that thick that you cant grasp that?

The coventrian

Sick Boy

Says the plastic paddy/Italian who hates the English? Yes I do have a problem with foreigners. The foreigners who come over here to scrounge/beg. Are you that thick that you cant grasp that?
I was born in England so don’t hate the country, just because someone doesn’t agree with your bigoted opinions doesn’t mean they hate the country.

I also spent quite a lot of my childhood growing up in Ireland and come from and Irish family, so it’s not surprising I have an Irish identity too.

As for plastic Italian - how does moving to a different country turn that person into a plastic?

The coventrian

I was born in England so don’t hate the country, just because someone doesn’t agree with your bigoted opinions doesn’t mean they hate the country.

I also spent quite a lot of my childhood growing up in Ireland and come from and Irish family, so it’s not surprising I have an Irish identity too.

As for plastic Italian - how does moving to a different country turn that person into a plastic?
I'm the child of an Irish migrant. So what? I don't brush of that I'm english like you and brag about an Irish passport.
You don't like the English just admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread