General Election 2019 thread (5 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Clearly, the older you get, the wiser you get!
Who’d of thought?

Because the older people voted Tory they're clearly wiser?

There will be an element of experience involved but between 40-50 it starts out of self interest - the body and mind have started to very slowly decline and self interest becomes more important to protect your own assets in fear of those things getting worse and leaving you vulnerable. The brain has become less plastic and change becomes a more frightening proposition.

How many people on here have to help a senior relative/neighbour with even basic (non physical) tasks because they lack comprehension? Who're more likely to be duped by phone/e-mail scams? How many have to organise the legal and financial planning of a more senior relative? I've had to do this for a few members of my family and I've practically been in charge of their affairs overall and this isn't people in their 80's. It's people in their 50's and 60's. I've a family member in their 60's who's decision making is becoming increasingly erratic and people are getting worried about them.

There are numerous legitimate reasons why people become more conservative over time. But an assumption it's because they're wiser isn't one of them.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Very simple. They trusted Boris more than Corbyn. How could anyone disagree?

If that were true the question must then be asked - why?

Alexander has proven many, many times to not be trustworthy. Far more than Corbyn certainly.

A lot fewer people seemed to feel Corbyn was untrustowrthy in 2017 when he was up against May, who is far more trustworthy compared to Johnson.

SkyBlueDom26

If that were true the question must then be asked - why?

Alexander has proven many, many times to not be trustworthy. Far more than Corbyn certainly.

A lot fewer people seemed to feel Corbyn was untrustowrthy in 2017 when he was up against May, who is far more trustworthy compared to Johnson.

Why do you always call him Alexander? do you get a kick out of it or something?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well well well, Polish voters now calling for a referendum on Poland’s place in the EU, looks like Polexit could be the next big thing.

what? You mean labour, who’s irresponsible spending, left the nation in so much debt, and resulted in the conservatives having to resort to austerity measures in order to bring the country back from the brink of bankruptcy.

Having to resort to austerity while simultaneously massively reducing tax rates? If we're that close to bankruptcy you'd have to keep the tax rates out of necessity whilst cutting spending - that is true austerity.

Making massive cuts while reducing tax revenues is a choice.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Problem? Only one?

The party was taken too far to the left. Too many things didn't add up. The public don't want left wing mentalists like they don't want right-wing mentalists. They want somewhere in the middle.

Yes.....someone like Bliar. Wonder how that will work out.

What we need is someone with direction. Someone who follows what they believe. A likeable character. Someone without baggage that can be jumped on. Someone confident but not overconfident. And most of all someone who can unite the whole Labour party.

You say that the party needs someone who follows what they believe. Yet you spend much of the rest of it talking about realism in being electable. Left and right wing mentalists follow what they believe. A pragmatist knows you can't win every battle at once and you have to look at those battles you're most likely to win first.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why do you always call him Alexander? do you get a kick out of it or something?

You asked me this same question a few weeks ago and I told you. Alexander is his actual first name and the one he's referred to by friends and family.

Boris is a comedic character to do Alexander's dirty work and appeal to the electorate. I've no interest in that character. I'm interested in the actual person who's our PM.

SkyBlueDom26

You asked me this same question a few weeks ago and I told you. Alexander is his actual first name and the one he's referred to by friends and family.

Boris is a comedic character to do Alexander's dirty work and appeal to the electorate. I've no interest in that character. I'm interested in the actual person who's our PM.

You are literally the only person I've ever heard call him Alexander

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You are literally the only person I've ever heard call him Alexander

Literally two weeks ago Jennifer Arcuri said in an interview she referred to him as "Alexander the Great". His sister Rachel in a mail interview said she didn't refer to him as Boris but as Al.

Grendel

Literally two weeks ago Jennifer Arcuri said in an interview she referred to him as "Alexander the Great". His sister Rachel in a mail interview said she didn't refer to him as Boris but as Al.

She doesn’t - he started calling himself Boris in his early 20’s - like Lord Anthony Wedgwood Benn and Anthony Charles Linton Blair became Tony

This is from a ridiculous article in the Guardian

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Astute

Which is my point. They need to get some form of consensus and move forward.

There are factions within the Tory party but they know when to close ranks and put on a united front.
Labour won't get anywhere until they start doing the same.
Which is what I keep saying. But those who are going to agree with you are the same people that have a go at me for saying so. That's how much of a joke these types of threads are. My posts get jumped on because I refuse to defend anyone. I refuse to defend anyone because none of them are worth defending. Politicians and politics has become a joke. And many jist follow blindly.

Grendel

Astute

You say that the party needs someone who follows what they believe. Yet you spend much of the rest of it talking about realism in being electable. Left and right wing mentalists follow what they believe. A pragmatist knows you can't win every battle at once and you have to look at those battles you're most likely to win first.
Follow what they believe? Are you being serious?

Corbyn always wanted us out of the EU. So what did he want now?

Wrong. He wouldn't say.

SBAndy

She doesn’t - he started calling himself Boris in his early 20’s - like Lord Anthony Wedgwood Benn and Anthony Charles Linton Blair became Tony

This is from a ridiculous article in the Guardian

You are aware that Tony is an abbreviated version of Anthony, yes?

Grendel

You are aware that Tony is an abbreviated version of Anthony, yes?

Lord Benn was the original title he was known as and Anthony Blair found the name Tony oddly when he worked with Lord Wedgewood Benn in the early 80’s

The two rather well educated chaps were never known as Tony until they cane to represent the working classes.

D

Deleted member 4439

Ah yes Mr Blackford, its all about respecting democracy isn't it!o_O How ironic![/QUOTE]

Yup. And I don't blame Boris for checking his emails when Me Blackford continues to use use 15 mins to say what could be said in 2. The guy is an absolute bloated bore.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Lol you do know that she’s fell out with him and is a dribbling Lib Dem? Even the Guardian article accepts he changed his name in his twenties - she’s trying to be smart like you - Max Hastings who famously sacked him knew him as Boris Johnson - this is just tiresome

Funny because I had someone on here arguing about how he 'changed' his name in early childhood. You're claiming the total opposite.

Interview: Stanley Johnson, father of London Mayor, Boris Johnson

Paragraph 21. Direct quote from his dad saying he refers to him as Alexander.

Grendel

Funny because I had someone on here arguing about how he 'changed' his name in early childhood. You're claiming the total opposite.

Interview: Stanley Johnson, father of London Mayor, Boris Johnson

Paragraph 21. Direct quote from his dad saying he refers to him as Alexander.

Which is because that’s the name he gave him at birth. You need to stop this nonsense. I lived with a guy at University who was Neil. Neil’s first name was Stuart. His parents calmed him Stuart. My father in law used his middle name - his parents refused to

This is tiresome

Grendel

If a majority of Scots want out would you still block a referendum?

I wouldn’t but I would say it’s a no deal hard leave arrangement with the pound withdrawal the next day - over time you Krankie - and is once they demand it withdraw the 20% additional funding they get as that’s life on your own

Astute

Which is because that’s the name he gave him at birth. You need to stop this nonsense. I lived with a guy at University who was Neil. Neil’s first name was Stuart. His parents calmed him Stuart. My father in law used his middle name - his parents refused to

This is tiresome
My wife doesn't use her first name. The look on some people's faces when I call her by her proper name and she answers is a picture. Those who know her well do know. But she grew up in Glasgow and was given a 'posh' name that didn't go down well.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is tiresome

It is tiresome. His sister could come round your house, tell you to your face she called him Al and you'd accuse her of being put up to it by someone.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldn’t but I would say it’s a no deal hard leave arrangement with the pound withdrawal the next day - over time you Krankie - and is once they demand it withdraw the 20% additional funding they get as that’s life on your own

As it happens I agree with those terms but UK plc isn’t quite as easy to advertise with a big chunk of it missing along with our oil and fishing claims. At least you wouldn’t ignore the request.

Grendel

It is tiresome. His sister could come round your house, tell you to your face she called him Al and you'd accuse her of being put up to it by someone.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Astute

If a majority of Scots want out would you still block a referendum?
I wouldn't block a referendum. But how about sorting this one out first? They had one in recent years and said no. Things have changed so they should get another choice. But a certain person has been looking for an excuse since the last result.

So if they leave and then join the EU should we charge tariffs if there is no agreement with the EU? Because we would have to. Where would the border be? Where would we check the loads?

If it is a good reason as you say to stay in the EU with Ireland would you say it is a good reason for Scotland to stay in the UK?

SkyBlueDom26

Ah yes Mr Blackford, its all about respecting democracy isn't it!o_O How ironic!

Yup. And I don't blame Boris for checking his emails when Me Blackford continues to use use 15 mins to say what could be said in 2. The guy is an absolute bloated bore.[/QUOTE]
I’d of walked out if I was Boris, the guy is a complete tosser

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldn't block a referendum. But how about sorting this one out first? They had one in recent years and said no. Things have changed so they should get another choice. But a certain person has been looking for an excuse since the last result.

So if they leave and then join the EU should we charge tariffs if there is no agreement with the EU? Because we would have to. Where would the border be? Where would we check the loads?

If it is a good reason as you say to stay in the EU with Ireland would you say it is a good reason for Scotland to stay in the UK?

I believed strongly in the union in 2014. I saw that Scotland was much better off in it than out of it and that Scots have much in common with us when you take identity and Braveheart out.

Fast forward to now though. England and Wales want to take Scotland and NI out of the EU. England has gone all in on the Tories and the Scottish Tories themselves despise Johnson. The constitutional argument for the union is gone. The economic one just about remains but with a Tory Brexit on the horizon who knows how long this will hold for.

England led the way in flipping off the continent and has now returned a massive wanker with an even more massive majority. It only has itself to blame

Brighton Sky Blue

Yup. And I don't blame Boris for checking his emails when Me Blackford continues to use use 15 mins to say what could be said in 2. The guy is an absolute bloated bore.
I’d of walked out if I was Boris, the guy is a complete tosser[/QUOTE]

More great propaganda for Sturgeon though-and to think you said Boris wouldn’t make it more likely...

Grendel

I’m not in a salt and vinegar mood but a jelly and ice cream one. Mind you Baz you’re a better contender for the weird prize...

Surely it’s just time for a slice of humble pie

stupot07

Interesting....
5dfb9eb30810c78a143dcee9b699c1c1.jpg
7ddaf3906591e181b4bc864cbe5e8f1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread