General Election 2019 thread (10 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Is it fair to blame him? He is known to be EU negative. So yes, maybe it is weak leadership. The tail wagged the dog & the party took a stance to engineer remaining...going against the referendum. And it hasn't worked.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'm not blaming him but it has been clear for a long time that he is a hugely divisive figure and was never going to be electable, regardless of Brexit.

covmark

Tell me the response we'd have had with the results flipped then fella
I voted Labour, so I'd have been happy(ish)
Can't speak for anyone else.
What will be, will be. The vast majority of politicians are cunts. No amount of elections will change that.
My kids are happy and healthy, my wife is happy and healthy. That'll do for me. There's more to life than getting upset about something I can do nothing about.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

hill83

Surely this result is all about Brexit in reality .

Definitely. And if the exit polls are right it’s exactly what I expected. I’m a remainer myself but the majority (who voted) voted to leave and any of them would be odd as fuck if they didn’t vote Tory at this election.

SkyBlueDom26

Let’s give him a chance now, if he fucks up more in 5 years time I’ll change my tune, for now stop the bitching and let him do what the majority wants

SkyblueBazza

I’m gutted. I don’t even pretend to understand the motives of people but that’s clearly what they want.
Most mature response I have read so far. Well said. And I there are significantly better brains than me that do seem to undwrstand & appeal to those motives

eastwoodsdustman

I’m gutted. I don’t even pretend to understand the motives of people but that’s clearly what they want.
People’s motives are that they don’t like their mps riding roughshod over the referendum result. The public don’t like people telling them what they can and can’t think.
A lot of people were really scared of Corbyn and McDonnell taking the country back 50 years.

Brighton Sky Blue

I voted Labour, so I'd have been happy(ish)
Can't speak for anyone else.
What will be, will be. The vast majority of politicians are cunts. No amount of elections will change that.
My kids are happy and healthy, my wife is happy and healthy. That'll do for me. There's more to life than getting upset about something I can do nothing about.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It does when you work in the public sector and these pricks have made the job harder every year.

Brighton Sky Blue

People’s motives are that they don’t like their mps riding roughshod over the referendum result. The public don’t like people telling them what they can and can’t think.
A lot of people were really scared of Corbyn and McDonnell taking the country back 50 years.

Don't worry Boris will take us back to the pre-Union days

Sick Boy

And Johnson is probably worse in reality than them.

Flying Fokker

Corbyn, MacDonnell, Abbott, Starmer, the shadow cabinet.

Labour needs to stop shouting and start talking to the people. And perhaps stop being in an echo chamber.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hahahahaha of course they do, when they live in England and say they aren’t English... sounds thick as shit to me

They have an enormous Irish heritage in that city and they've been shat on by the Tories for years. Not forgetting the disgusting slurs made by the Sun after Hillsborough

Philosorapter

I wonder what this means for Coventry South and Coventry North West.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wonder what this means for Coventry South and Coventry North West.

If the SNP have gained 20 seats, that is effectively a clean sweep of the Tories up there. Which means they have made monstrous gains in England. Doubt that any Leave seats will still be Labour.

Flying Fokker

Don't worry Boris will take us back to the pre-Union days

I hope not. Even the membership gave up on striking because they only worked 10 months a year. Maybe that was labours plan for reducing the working week to an average of 32 hours...it worked in the seventies with the strikes.

SkyblueBazza

To have a General Election based upon a single issue is insane. I disagree though, as I am sure there are Tories who would be remain voters who'd never vote for Corbyn.
It was made a single issue because of the smug & gleeful stagnation bought abput in parliament by persistently voting down the biggest single issue of our age

SIR ERNIE

SPOT ON

Users who are viewing this thread