General Election 2019 thread (7 Viewers)

theferret

Thing is the markets were predicting a Conservative majority right up until 9.59pm last time. A lot of this is based on private exit polls that could be way off.

Grendel

Thing is the markets were predicting a Conservative majority right up until 9.59pm last time. A lot of this is based on private exit polls that could be way off.

Rumours are of course rife - one is a huge increase in turn out in the north to oppose labour vote and its Brexit stance with levels up to 80% but who knows

skybluetony176

Same on referendum night. The pound had a massive spike on the what turned out to be an incorrect belief that remain had won.

SkyblueBazza

So you're argument is that we start off full of hope for a better future then as we get older it becomes resignation. Not exactly a glowing endorsement is it.
Nope

I am suggesting that when we (speaking generally) have no specific responsibilities beyond ourselves we seek to look out for everything & everyone. When we have specific responsibilities for a child for example, that becomes our priority overriding the idealistic of equality- because we always want everybody else to be equal to each other but ourselves & our own to stand out & above.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Same on referendum night. The pound had a massive spike on the what turned out to be an incorrect belief that remain had won.
So using that logic a spike could also be because a 2nd ref is more likely?

Someone on Twitter also said apparently US and China about to announce a trade deal so it’s unrelated....

Who knows...

SkyblueBazza

So why is it so many of these young people we want to provide for can't afford houses? Why don't we consider the environment we leave for them full of poisons and toxins which will make them sick at a younger age?

Because we live in a capitalist society so the way we think we can best provide is through money/wealth because that is what we're told. Wealthy families fight over inheritance but how many of them were fighting to be that person's carer in ill health?

Do you know what I've found to be the best thing you can give people? Time. It's the one thing that is finite for all of us and you can never go back and change.

The first point is because a proportion have provided enough for their own, then once their own fly the nest they buy up additional houses to provide for their future comfort by renting out...in other words greed!

The rest is all oh-so true

ccfc92

Reports of students in Southampton and Cardiff being turned away despite being registered to vote. Seems legit as both universities have posted on social media to say they have contacted the electoral commission with their concerns.

Stop chatting shite. I turned up at the correct polling station and voted. It was only because my barber was close to my old polling station I went there first, as I had a poll card for there.

Turned up at my new polling station, then flew through to vote.

Otis

Stop chatting shite. I turned up at the correct polling station and voted. It was only because my barber was close to my old polling station I went there first, as I had a poll card for there.

You stop talking shit. You flew?

Grendel

Pound could mean the opposite. Push the value up now and sell before the crash later.

20 minutes later when the exit polls are released?

Brighton Sky Blue

Pound could mean the opposite. Push the value up now and sell before the crash later.

BrexitSterlingChart.png

SkyblueBazza

It appears some dick asked to see their card outside & turned them away if they hadn't got one saying they couldn't cast a vote without the card. Naively they didn't read said card properly on receipt as it clearly says it is not needed. Doubt there would be very many fall for it tbh but it is entirely unacceptable anyway

dutchman

Transactions are made in seconds in the modern day to make the most of discrepancies. This would indeed be on hell of a 'flash crash' though.
Millionths of a second and dealers get the figures before anyone else so they're able to place orders already knowing which way the market has moved. They only make a fraction of a penny per transaction but they do it millions of times a day so it quickly adds up.

Sick Boy

Verdict.

Lies win elections.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Johnson is an utter disgrace and it a new low for the country to have elected him as PM but Corbyn should have gone for someone less divisive.

Oh well, it’ll be fun to see Johnson’s lies unravel at least and the excuses that are peddled out on his behalf

Users who are viewing this thread