General Election 2019 thread (19 Viewers)

Grendel

skybluetony176

none of that is racist. do you know what racist means? It’s a joke about religion. Some get offended but it’s not racist.

Which religion is it that holds the watermelon as it’s god? You do know that picinini is a derogatory term that white slavers used to describe black slave children who were forced to pick cotton.

Liquid Gold

Because im talking about Corbyn, the conservatives have already said an investigation will take place

Funny how you are in denial about Corbyn
Quote my denial. I'm just curious as to why such an ardent anti-racist campaigner like yourself is so much more worried by antisemitism than Islamophobia.

SkyBlueDom26

Quote my denial. I'm just curious as to why such an ardent anti-racist campaigner like yourself is so much more worried by antisemitism than Islamophobia.
They are both terrible things that shouldn't be happening! The conservatives have said an investigation will take place, Corbyn has failed to apologise in an interview

Grendel

The Labour Party are the only Party other than the BNP being investigated by the equalities commission that’s why

Ian1779

How will anybody explain the £400 extra tax people on £14,000 (Minimum wage) a year will have to pay?
More bullshit... you really are straight out of CCHQ.

It’s the removal of the married persons allowance to which you are referring yes?

Grendel

Walsgrave

I remember a few years back when Nuneaton Town Youth team were embroiled in a racism scandal involving one of their players, who had called a member of the opposition of 'golliwog'. He was removed charged with racist abuse and had to leave. Clearly Nuneaton Town Youth team have greater integrity than the Conservative Party on matters pertaining to race!

Brighton Sky Blue

So what was the actual subject matter - I assume this is the Sept 2018 telegraph article?

August actually. Off the top of my head he was writing about Denmark and a burqa ban. He went on to query why women would walk around looking like letterboxes and that he or others would feel uncomfortable with people looking like burglars.

Grendel

August actually. Off the top of my head he was writing about Denmark and a burqa ban. He went on to query why women would walk around looking like letterboxes and that he or others would feel uncomfortable with people looking like burglars.

ah you’ve just googled it.

did he defend the right to wear it unlike your oh so liberal Scandinavian chums?

Brighton Sky Blue

ah you’ve just googled it.

did he defend the right to wear it unlike your oh so liberal Scandinavian chums?

No I read it a year ago. Let’s suppose Corbyn had written the equivalent about Orthodox Jews-would you be scrambling around looking for excuses on his behalf?

I think not.

Walsgrave

Islamophobic apologists remind me of that kid from school who abhors all notions of multiculturalism, yet claims that he will move to Australia for his plumbing job because they operate a strict points system - not noticing that he himself would not in fact qualify. Wasteman, the lot of them!

hill83

Islamophobic apologists remind me of that kid from school who abhors all notions of multiculturalism, yet claims that he will move to Australia for his plumbing job because they operate a strict points system - not noticing that he himself would not in fact qualify. Wasteman, the lot of them!

Expat not immigrant though m8

chiefdave

Trump and Boris have already said the NHS will NOT be on the table, why is it so hard to understand
There's video of Trump saying it will be on the table

and there's now a leaked 451 page government document showing advanced talks have taken place.

Yet despite that you still believe it to not be true because Boris, a proven serial lier, says so.

Otis

Grendel, they will never admit to Corbyn doing anything wrong and will always look for excuses... even after last nights car crash interview
Who's 'they?'

I have said before I am not a big fan of Corbyn and not even certain I will vote Labour. Last time out I voted for the Greens.

CCFCSteve

More bullshit... you really are straight out of CCHQ.

It’s the removal of the married persons allowance to which you are referring yes?

To be fair to Dom I think he was highlighting an example Neil gave last night regarding dividend income on a small pension (from memory - I’d need to check the transcript). The marriage allowance tax break removal is £250, again from memory - I don’t see this a major issue as I presume it’s a tax break for those well off as well as those lower down the income scale.

clint van damme

Users who are viewing this thread