General Election 2019 thread (30 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Depends how you translate the term in the sentence hey. Here’s the full passage

They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.”

“What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness.”
That's pretty racist, yes.

hill83

Depends how you translate the term in the sentence hey. Here’s the full passage

They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.”

“What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness.”

It's racist. But thanks for letting me see the error of my ways. Anything else I need to know that isn't racist?

Looks like me and all my black family are wrong. You should come around and read the whole transcript to us and explain why it's 'satire' so it's fine.

I can't believe this is even a conversation that is happening.

Sidenote: As it will probably head down this route if we continue, I'm not offended by it, I don't actually give a fuck, the prick can say what he wants but I take exception to it being defended and explained away as not racist.

Brighton Sky Blue

none of that is racist. do you know what racist means? It’s a joke about religion. Some get offended but it’s not racist.

I think the answer is ‘he’s on my team so nothing he does is bad’. Do please call a Muslim woman a burglar and see if she shares the joke

Brighton Sky Blue

How?

I suppose you want to say they have made it easy.

Shall we start with things like the so called backstop before they would even consider having trade talks? The same talks that could mean there would be no change in Ireland? They knew it would cause many problems.

But oh no. Everything is the fault of thick voters.

That is as wrong as when you kept lecturing us on privatisation of the NHS was all down to the Tories. Or when you lectured us that a lack of social housing was all down to the Tories. And there are many times where you have learned differently to what you have thought but still refuse to acknowledge the truth. So why should I get into yet another argument with you when you always refuse to acknowledge the truth?

I didn’t say any of that in the last paragraph. Stop making shit up.

hill83

It's just banta, innit. Same as throwing banana skins and making monkey noises. You are not hating black people, it's just a bit of a joke.

attachment.php

CCFCSteve

I won’t defend any politician for use of racist language. Johnson was an idiot to use that language in the article and yes, he should have apologised. As I’ve said before I don’t believe he’s a racist but only he will know, his language certainly hasn’t helped with people’s perception. I still haven’t read the whole article but understand it was defending women’s rights to wear the burka. If anyone has got it I’d like to read it (can’t find it anywhere and am not a telegraph reader - no comments please !!!)

I’ve also said previously that I don’t believe Corbyn is an anti Semite but if not his behaviour/handling of the matter is horrifically ill judged. the constant labour response of ‘but the torys are Islamophobes’ is not good enough. They are the party I would always have held in higher regard in respect of such issues. A slap of the wrists and warning letters is not what I (I’m not a blinkered Tory, I’ve voted for labour twice in there not too distant past) or others (including several labour MPs and peers) expect.

My genuine question is could anyone see a Jewish MP serving/being willing to serve in higher positions in a Labour shadow cabinet or cabinet with the way things currently are ?

SkyBlueDom26

Oh dear Jezza... won't apologise for antisemitism and then can't deny that taxes will increase for lower income families

So much for the 95% won't get a tax increase

Last edited:

Walsgrave

all this racist bollocks. can someone please tell me what boris said that’s racist?

term racist is banded about far too easily. racist is when you hate someone purely on colour. Savid Javid not high up? surely if he believed boris was racist he would step down? Priti Patel another. How many Jews are high up in the Labour Party?
It's because ethnic minorities within the Conservative Party are heretical in their thinking - they want to somehow go against the grain and show their peer group that they are above them

CCFCSteve

It's because ethnic minorities within the Conservative Party are heretical in their thinking - they want to somehow go against the grain and show their peer group that they are above them

Come on walsgrave, don’t say stuff like that. You don’t think it’s because they want to strive to be the best they can and have been given a platform to do so ?

ps and obviously hold Conservative/Tory beliefs

Walsgrave

Come on walsgrave, don’t say stuff like that. You don’t think it’s because they want to strive to be the best they can and have been given a platform to do so ?
I accept that :shamefullyembarrased: I just think that for them, economic considerations override moral/religious/ethnic considerations and whatnot, which is fair enough. I just could not envisage myself doing that, as I personally consider wealth creation to be of less importance than other peoples' respect for my identity -after all, I have scope to change my income/levels of hard work, but not my identity!

Walsgrave

It is ambiguous and no one really will know the effect until December 12th. I think there is some truth to the idea that younger voters dither a bit more, procrastinating and leaving things to the last minute. Older voters seem to be right up for it and on the ball - registering as soon as applications open. This is entirely speculative though!

Grendel

It is ambiguous and no one really will know the effect until December 12th. I think there is some truth to the idea that younger voters dither a bit more, procrastinating and leaving things to the last minute. Older voters seem to be right up for it and on the ball - registering as soon as applications open. This is entirely speculative though!

its more the point of voter duplication

Grendel

Let's wait and see the mauling Boris Johnson gets, eh.

Corbyn always gets into hot water when asked direct questions about backing terrorists etc. One interview on the pro channel 4 his blank refusal to criticise The Chavez regime and it’s brutality was toe curling

Otis

Corbyn always gets into hot water when asked direct questions about backing terrorists etc. One interview on the pro channel 4 his blank refusal to criticise The Chavez regime and it’s brutality was toe curling
And Johnson is great at answering direct questions is he? Maybe he will start talking about painting model buses and putting them in crates.

Johnson is terrible at answering direct questions.

Grendel

And Johnson is great at answering direct questions is he? Maybe he will start talking about painting model buses and putting them in crates.

Johnson is terrible at answering direct questions.

Johnson will say he’s sorry if it causes any offence - Corbyn cannot even some that - he gets tight lipped and ultra defensive

SkyBlueDom26

Johnson will say he’s sorry if it causes any offence - Corbyn cannot even some that - he gets tight lipped and ultra defensive

Grendel, they will never admit to Corbyn doing anything wrong and will always look for excuses... even after last nights car crash interview

Users who are viewing this thread