Game of thrones (Again) (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

S1
daenaryes let her husband kill her brother
She burnt a witch alive

S2

She left one of her aides and that black king of quarth to die an slow agonising death in a safe

S3

She reneged on a legitimate deal and killed a buyer of her dragons via dragonfire

S4

Demands masters are strung up on signs like slaves once were despite being advised not too

S5

Feeds a master to dragon to make other masters scared

S6

Kills dothraki even tho they did not rape her and just asked her to live by dothraki widowed khaleesi customs

S7

Kills tarleys for not bending knee was once again not listening to her hand

If you pay attention this side of her has been shown a few times. Now that fear is only way to command the realm in her eyes shes flipped. Yes i think in ideal world they wud have drawn it over another 2 or 3 eps but we all knew a 6 eps season would mean a lil rushing. However the actual creative decision cannot be questioned

Ian1779

S1
She burnt a witch alive

S2

She left one of her aides and that black king of quarth to die an slow agonising death in a safe

S3

She reneged on a legitimate deal and killed a buyer of her dragons via dragonfire

S4

Demands masters are strung up on signs like slaves once were despite being advised not too

S5

S6

Kills dothraki even tho they did not rape her and just asked her to live by dothraki widowed khaleesi customs

S7

If you pay attention this side of her has been shown a few times. Now that fear is only way to command the realm in her eyes shes flipped. Yes i think in ideal world they wud have drawn it over another 2 or 3 eps but we all knew a 6 eps season would mean a lil rushing. However the actual creative decision cannot be questioned

S1 - she killed a witch that essentially murdered her husband

S2 - her aide murdered her handmaiden and stole her dragon under the instruction of fat black guy.

S3 - he repeatedly mocked her not realising she spoke Valyrian.

S4 - she crucified the Masters after they had crucified innocent children in the same manner.

S6 - killed the Khals after they told her they would take turns raping her, as well as forcing her to stay a captive in the dosh Khaleen.

I don’t necessarily question the tendencies she displayed at some points, but they were balanced between moments where she appeared to show little mercy, and those where other people could temper her. She didn’t even seem to have the same rage about the Night King and the Army of the Dead.

The one thing I will give credit for to the writers, in that final part once she has flipped... you never saw her up close once... so you don’t know her reactions to what she was doing or has done... same in the preview for Episode 6. That intrigue will still have people guessing.

Reactions: vow

covcity4life

S1 - she killed a witch that essentially murdered her husband

S2 - her aide murdered her handmaiden and stole her dragon under the instruction of fat black guy.

S3 - he repeatedly mocked her not realising she spoke Valyrian.

S4 - she crucified the Masters after they had crucified innocent children in the same manner.

S6 - killed the Khals after they told her they would take turns raping her, as well as forcing her to stay a captive in the dosh Khaleen.

I don’t necessarily question the tendencies she displayed at some points, but they were balanced between moments where she appeared to show little mercy, and those where other people could temper her. She didn’t even seem to have the same rage about the Night King and the Army of the Dead.

The one thing I will give credit for to the writers, in that final part once she has flipped... you never saw her up close once... so you don’t know her reactions to what she was doing or has done... same in the preview for Episode 6. That intrigue will still have people guessing.
No doubt her intentions sre well intended but it still shows she has a mean streak in her is my point. Killing someone for mocking her or not bending knee even though she hasbt win throne yet etc

I feel quite sad. Thisnwouldnt hsve happened if jorah still with her. I hope she can survive but its extremley unlikely

My.only hope is she has arranges for yara greyjoy to bring the second sons from meereen etc to help her when the usurpers come to commit treason

fellatio_Martinez

S1
She burnt a witch alive

S2

S3

S4

S5

S6

S7

Didn't you say that you were leaving this thread until the finale, old bean?

larry_david

She's always has that temper on her and I'm not surprised at all.

What I am disappointed about apart from everything they've done to jaime in the past 2 episodes is that cersei's death was just shite. The tarleys got burnt alive for not bending the knee. Cersei got that... Great!

covcity4life

What I am disappointed about apart from everything they've done to jaime in the past 2 episodes is that cersei's death was just shite. The tarleys got burnt alive for not bending the knee. Cersei got that... Great!
Understand that but i guess dying with the one thing you jad confidenxe in collapsong on you is kinda poetic

No one hss ever taken the red keep she always lvoed saying

Liquid Gold

Jamie was always about Cersei in his core, yes he spent the whole show changing from a shit to a really relatable character but this isn't a story about redemption. That man, despite everything he's been through and everything that has got better in his character went back to the thing about him that has never changed.

Same with her death, it would have been satisfying to watch her get fucked up by Dany or assassinated by Arya but some people just don't get what's coming to them. Nobody managed to get revenge on her, she didn't get her comeuppance and despite all the evil she's done she still got to die in the arms of the person she loves. That's the way things are sometimes. I actually found it a lot more powerful her being helpless and scared pleading for Jamie to save her when she knows nothing else can be done than someone killing her because she's a 'baddy'.

Liquid Gold

If the red wedding happened in this season people would say "It's so stupid to build up Robb's story for ages only to kill off most of the Starks out of nowhere."

If Martyn Lannister had changed to Tommen or Daario Naharis was portrayed by a completely different actor this time there would be uproar now.

To my mind the show hasn't changed apart from the pace, I agree that it could have taken more time, they could have even added a whole season between the sack of kings landing to whatever happens next week, but there was a conscious decision to speed things up. apart from that it's the same show.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

If the red wedding happened in this season people would say "It's so stupid to build up Robb's story for ages only to kill off most of the Starks out of nowhere."

If Martyn Lannister had changed to Tommen or Daario Naharis was portrayed by a completely different actor this time there would be uproar now.

To my mind the show hasn't changed apart from the pace, I agree that it could have taken more time, they could have even added a whole season between the sack of kings landing to whatever happens next week, but there was a conscious decision to speed things up. apart from that it's the same show.

People did say that at the time and were very shocked and upset by the red wedding but it was so well done and dramatically brilliant that it drew people closer to the show. After what happened to Ned and Rob there was dread instilled into the every episode. It became successful because it was cruel but captivating and brilliant. These events kept the story going in unexpected ways.

Fans aren't annoyed because of pacing. It's the terrible, lazy writing. There are plot holes in every scene. Characters have stopped acting like their characters.

What was once an unpredictable, clever and shocking has turned to mush.

Reactions: vow

hill83

If i had seen this before i saw you at lunch u woulda got knocked the fuck out!

UY2pV4b.gif

Tommo1993

Breaking Bad started slow but it got better. The Fly episode made me feel like I was on the meth myself.

Covstu

kind of with you on this one and everyone would have thought this weeks episode would have been the conclusion (with a bit added on) i.e. Cersei/Jamie dying, Mountain v Kligain etc. There is going to be a conclusion but it is still keeping us guessing which is still great in my eyes. Yes we will get the usual at the end of the series that it was predictable so awaiting those comments when this is all concluded...

Ian1779

People did say that at the time and were very shocked and upset by the red wedding but it was so well done and dramatically brilliant that it drew people closer to the show. After what happened to Ned and Rob there was dread instilled into the every episode. It became successful because it was cruel but captivating and brilliant. These events kept the story going in unexpected ways.

Fans aren't annoyed because of pacing. It's the terrible, lazy writing. There are plot holes in every scene. Characters have stopped acting like their characters.

What was once an unpredictable, clever and shocking has turned to mush.

What underpinned both those 'shocking' scenes was good quality writing. When you reflected on them you knew that actually they happened for a reason... and that reason made sense.

The same when Oberyn was killed by the Mountain.

covcity4life

Got it now. Could have been anything though.

Ooh look a fan favourite is still in this show for no reason other than pandering to the masses.
i dont know which characters are fan favourites as i only care out about my own opinion not others.

Otis

I can understand that people dislike it, but I would hardly say it doesn't make sense.

I have enjoyed the season and know how difficult it must be to reach a conclusion and tie up so many loose ends in just 6 episodes.

I had no problem with Cersei's death (if she is actually dead) and Dany's drecent into madness makes perfect sense too, as does Sansa's bitterness and Ayra's fluctuation from scared little girl to tough as old boots warrior and back again.

Just one episode to go and it will then be all over anyway. Only that one dragon attack that has irked me in any way, shape or form.

I can't wait until Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread