Fucking Idiots (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Bit of a poor response that I think - its not great that a professional rugby club that has existed here for over 100 years was not considered when Wasps were granted permission to play here. I get the impression they are heading rapidly back to when they were at Wycombe with little local support and struggling to attract interest - of course the problem is a separate organisation I assume based in Malta ultimately owns the lease.

There will I am sure also be a fee escalation if CCFC get promoted and more benefits to the company owning the lease which in turn can support the London rugby clubs finances at the expense of the local club that has been here for a century. Its not a great look really.
"I never want a Cayman Islands hedge fund owning the lease for the arena, would you trust them with it?"
-Proceeds to applaud the Malta hedge fund for doing exactly the same but it's fine because you got a free ticket and a free flag

Sky Blue Pete

Bit of a poor response that I think - its not great that a professional rugby club that has existed here for over 100 years was not considered when Wasps were granted permission to play here. I get the impression they are heading rapidly back to when they were at Wycombe with little local support and struggling to attract interest - of course the problem is a separate organisation I assume based in Malta ultimately owns the lease.

There will I am sure also be a fee escalation if CCFC get promoted and more benefits to the company owning the lease which in turn can support the London rugby clubs finances at the expense of the local club that has been here for a century. Its not a great look really.
You heard Ann Lucas if ccc thought this would negatively impact ccfc or crfc they would never have agreed to it. Sorry let me just stop laughing!!!!
Wasps are here we have to live with that. The effect on crfc is worse than on ccfc I think

Sick Boy

You heard Ann Lucas if ccc thought this would negatively impact ccfc or crfc they would never have agreed to it. Sorry let me just stop laughing!!!!
Wasps are here we have to live with that. The effect on crfc is worse than on ccfc I think
It effectively puts a glass ceiling over us unless we actually build a new stadium - them being here will have a long-term detrimental effect on CCFC.

Grendel

it depends if Derek Richardson actually has some real attachment to the Wasps project - if he does then he can make any ccfc success limited by the terms and conditions he sets as a landlord

Gynnsthetonic

The council have bent over backwards to help Wasp out though, wasn't there a grant given to councils last year to help out, they spent it on the Ricoh entrance with extra units and flower beds, meaning more income for Wasp, not once were CRFC given a slice especially with them trying to upgrade The Butts. Derek Richardson must know his project is failing massively, what he does about it will be the thing!

Gynnsthetonic

it depends if Derek Richardson actually has some real attachment to the Wasps project - if he does then he can make any ccfc success limited by the terms and conditions he sets as a landlord
Could he not invest in the football club if/when Wasp move on again?

Grendel

The council have bent over backwards to help Wasp out though, wasn't there a grant given to councils last year to help out, they spent it on the Ricoh entrance with extra units and flower beds, meaning more income for Wasp, not once were CRFC given a slice especially with them trying to upgrade The Butts. Derek Richardson must know his project is failing massively, what he does about it will be the thing!

the Richardson project may not be failing if it’s property and development he’s interested in

Grendel

If we did miraculously get promoted wouldn’t it mean extra income to his holding company not to Wasps

Hardly he would have to pay at least £20m to get a foot through the door - why not just charge £5m rent for 9 years

Sky Blue Pete

Well the 250 year lease at the butts may suggest otherwise

Frostie

I imagine today will be one of their highest attendances of the season. Big "local" derby & given away thousands judging by social media comments to various local schools, clubs & to NHS staff etc.

Brighton Sky Blue

I imagine today will be one of their highest attendances of the season. Big "local" derby & given away thousands judging by social media comments to various local schools, clubs & to NHS staff etc.

They also seem to have bundled entry to this with free entry to a women's game.

no_loyalty

I was flicking through BT Sports and their game was on, didn’t look many there at all, someone started shouting Oggy, Oggy, Oggy and a few fans shouted Wasps, Wasps, Wasps, it was pretty embarrassing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Seen more at a family bbq. The novelty really has worn off for the fickle Coventry public hasn't it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's just being propped up by the hardcore of support from before the move. Feel for them but that's it

no_loyalty

I wonder how many they take to away matches 😂

Frostie

11,423 attendance apparently. Appalling for their biggest game of the season!
I bet only about half of those paid too.

Evo1883

Eventually they will be gone I feel .

The better ccfc do , the less local interest in them shitstains .

David O'Day

Haven't they just passed the buck? Article says "we will not be issuing an arena wide ban on the wearing of faux Native American attire" and they've asked the RFU to make the decision for them.

More than most in the egg chasers league have actually done.

The can only ban it from away games at their ground but the RFU can ban it at all

Users who are viewing this thread