Fucking Idiots (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Steve from Cov must be gnashing his teeth

Evo1883

Picture I saw I'd be surprised if there's more than 9000

Also saw fans moaning on their twitter about online sales being terribly awkward .. no club shop .. seems like its not all sunshine and roses

tisza

Thought it was just me channel hopping. Looks & sounds like there's only around 5-6k there.

Grendel

chiefdave

Picture I saw I'd be surprised if there's more than 9000

Also saw fans moaning on their twitter about online sales being terribly awkward .. no club shop .. seems like its not all sunshine and roses
Just been down a bit of a twitter rabbit hole (was looking to see if its a friendly as the crowd was so poor - turns out its their first league game without crowd restrictions! You're right, they're far from happy.

As you say no club shop, season tickets haven't turned up, ticketing website keeps going offline, people being sent the wrong tickets, supporters club sacked off, food & drink seems to be a disaster zone, nowhere to drink pre-match (bizarrely they've got all but one bar closed) and a new cartoon style club badge.

To top it all off it seems they've sacked their equivalent of Jim Twynham after 25 years of service but forgot to tell him so he found out when tea boy announced on his twitter that he was now the Wasps announcer.

There's something quite ironic about their supporters being up in arms about how those running Wasps have no respect for the history of the club. Was moving halfway across the country not a clue?

Grendel

Someone was also saying that they had to issue match tickets at the ticket office as the electronic system has failed

Philosorapter

The crowd situation was pointed out even before the pandemic that attendances would fall after a few seasons on here.

Now link that with the pandemic, the cost of building up a crowd base through advertising again, an uncompetitive league, etc..

It is not looking good for them.

Grendel

The crowd situation was pointed out even before the pandemic that attendances would fall after a few seasons.

Now link that with the pandemic, the cost of building up a crowd base through advertising again, an uncompetitive league, etc..

It is not looking good for them.

The owner of the ground won’t actually be that bothered I would guess

Philosorapter

The owner of the ground won’t actually be that bothered I would guess

I think that's more about the money in business etc.. which is far beyond my level of understanding.

I would reckon the Arena is losing money all over the place even with the advertising/sponsorship.

Grendel

I think that's more about the money in business etc.. which is far beyond my level of understanding.

I would reckon the Arena is losing money all over the place even with the advertising/sponsorship.

Prior to Covid it was breaking even and all the losses are on the rugby side really which is a conundrum in itself I suppose

Frostie

Apparently they only had 9,000 there today for their first home game of the season... Surely that can't be right?

Users who are viewing this thread