Fridays deadline (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Obvious after playing just a 10th of the games of course

Well yes barring a sudden injury crisis of 4 defensive players he isn’t going to get into the team. Just like it’s possible to predict Biamou isn’t going to get many games

capel & collindridge

Still having Pask is an asset in the making, especially when we are affected by injuries and suspensions. And not losing Max is like having a new signing for the squad! Gives us a surprise packet off the bench.

Not a bad window at all, considering. Could have been much worse. There were no signings today that we could have afforded that make me feel we we are any way worse off than we might otherwise have been.

stupot07

Really disappointing. We've basically not really added any quality into the first 11 at all.

Our best 11 this season is now basically the best 11 of last season just Hamer replacing Walsh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

capel & collindridge

Really disappointing. We've basically not really added any quality into the first 11 at all.

Our best 11 this season is now basically the best 11 of last season just Hamer replacing Walsh.

When you have a very young team, the team improves every year. Our first team squad has 16 young players that you would expect to be better than they were last year. We didn't have six of them last year, so can't use these as comparisons.

But in addition to the "added quality" of those six (Ostigard, Dacosta, Sheaf, Hamer, Hillsner and Walker) there are 10 more young players in our first team squad who played for us last year who we can expect to be better players this year, even if they may at times look outclassed by the talent and experience of more established Championship players from the much better financed teams that we'll be up against.

Hyam, Pask, Rose, Giles, Dabo, MacCallum, Jobello, O'Hare, Shipley and Bakayoko will all probably improve in quality. I'd be surprised if we don't see a marked improvement in some over what they were last year. I think we have already seen an improvement in Hyam, O'Hare and Bakayoko.

And there are others that were nowhere near the first team squad last year that could still be playing important games for us later in this Championship season if needed like Eccles, Bapaga and Drysdale. We will need this larger squad of eligible players to survive the threat of immediate relegation.

Just look at the quality of the players on the bench this year. I think the club's recruiting policy is adding quality and depth of cover year on year,whatever you might say about the best starting elevens, this year compared with last.

Garryb80

Maybe a loan signing or 2 that added some extra quality, like Derby did with Mount and villa did with Abraham, and actually like we did in league one with walsh and o'hare.

Are we not allowed to be disappointed?

Which money tree is paying for loans like that? Cardiff are paying 60k a week for theirs

fernandopartridge

Maybe a loan signing or 2 that added some extra quality, like Derby did with Mount and villa did with Abraham, and actually like we did in league one with walsh and o'hare.

Are we not allowed to be disappointed?

Think you're a bit deluded then mate tbh. Our budget is a fraction either of theirs

Users who are viewing this thread