Fridays deadline (1 Viewer)

KenilworthSkyBlue

I really hope there’s something in the pipeline for Pask - doesn’t make the 23s today and didn’t make the squad against Bournemouth even without Da Costa not fit.

As good as we have been with young players, this is one we’ve not managed too well as there is no plan in place for him.

Personally I don't believe that he's been mismanaged, I think the situation he now finds himself is just as a result of unfortunate circumstance. I'm sure initially there was a plan in place for his development but last season couldn't have gone worse for him. He started well in pre-season, then was out for 4/5 months due to injury, then just as he was getting a few games under his belt the season was curtailed and he didn't play for yet another 4/5 months.

He desperately needs first team minutes, as at his age sitting on the best or playing in the U23s is useless. So, hopefully he's sent out on (at least) a short-term loan.

SlowerThanPlatt

Personally I don't believe that he's been mismanaged, I think it's just a matter of unfortunate circumstance. I do believe initially there was certainly a plan in place for his development but last season couldn't have gone worse for him. He started well in pre-season, then was out for 4/5 months due to injury, then just as he was getting a few games under his belt the season was curtailed and he didn't play for yet another 4/5 months.

He desperately needs first team minutes, as at his age sitting on the best or playing in the U23s is useless.

Today is the last day he can go on loan to a FL club I think. If he doesn’t go out today you have to wonder what purpose he has being here

KenilworthSkyBlue

Today is the last day he can go on loan to a FL club I think. If he doesn’t go out today you have to wonder what purpose he has being here

Yeah it is. You have to feel for him if he isn't sent out on loan as bar an injury crisis/several suspensions his game time is going to be limited at best.

Happy_Martian

Posted this on the "Big News on Max" thread too.

MR saying an hour ago that he's not expecting anyone moving out and definitely noone coming in.

1602850729058.png

Frostie

Have you?

A bit, from the U23s & some of his youth games with West Ham.

He's young & lacking experience but has lots of good attributes I'd want in a CB. He's much quicker than our other CBs which would be very useful. Very much square peg in a round hole when filling in at RWB though.

You've obviously seen enough to write him off though?

Saddlebrains

We're being left behind here.

Barnsley picking up Herbie Kane on loan is a great signing.

Wednesday have gone and got Marriott and Flint.

Some cracking deals being done by teams around us today. Worrying

Saddlebrains

A bit, from the U23s & some of his youth games with West Ham.

He's young & lacking experience but has lots of good attributes I'd want in a CB. He's much quicker than our other CBs which would be very useful. Very much square peg in a round hole when filling in at RWB though.

You've obviously seen enough to write him off though?

He's been here a while, and from what I've seen hes no better than say Drysdale, so its a no from me

junglej13

I remember a lot of people raving over Oxford's business in Jan last year. Scrambling round on deadline day is usually a sign a club hasn't had a good window. Would people prefer we hung on and then were forced to sign someone like Andre Wright at the 11th hour. Another attacker would be nice but we've had a pretty decent window in the circumstances.

Tommo1993

I don't want much...

You had me hook, line and sinker for a moment. Toying with my emotions. I’ll get you!
giphy.gif

PVA

We did all our business early.

The timing of any deals today does not mean we are being left behind. Teams with bigger budgets than us signing good players is no slight on us.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Huh?

We did all our business early.

The timing of any deals today does not mean we are being left behind. Teams with bigger budgets than us signing good players should not be used as a negative against us.

Kind of ignores the elephant in the room of whether we can compete on our budget.

fernandopartridge

Kind of ignores the elephant in the room of whether we can compete on our budget.

It isn't really the elephant in the room, it's an overt fact often referenced. I don't think anybody is under an illusion about us having a low budget.

We're also talking about Herbie Kane here, he had a good season at Doncaster the other year but barely played last season. We have our own player who had a good season for Donny more recently yet we've written him off already.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just seen that Harry Wilson has gone to Cardiff on loan a fee of £1.2 million and 60k per week wages

Barnsley

Rumour as it we’re about to sign Matty James from Lester, if this turns out to be true it’ll be fantastic for us, he’s the best player to pull on a Barnsley shirt in the last 20 years in many BFC fans eyes. He was amazing for us last time we had him.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Rumour as it we’re about to sign Matty James from Lester, if this turns out to be true it’ll be fantastic for us, he’s the best player to pull on a Barnsley shirt in the last 20 years in many BFC fans eyes. He was amazing for us last time we had him.

A great player if fit but he hasn't played a full season for the best part of 5 years. Not exactly one to rely on.

Skyblueweeman

Some have said O'Hare is the best thing to put on a shirt for us in the last 20 years. No biggy.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Lets get a bit of perspective and calm. We're certainly not 'being left behind' because we're not opting to sign players on £20k per week.

Also, with regards to the signings, they're hardly 'cracking deals' are they. Jack Marriott's best tally in the Championship is 13 goals and last season he netted 3 times. Aden Flint is a respectable signing on paper but you have to wonder why he's played for three different Championship clubs in three years. I also get the impression his career has been on a downward trajectory since his big money departure from Bristol. Herbie Kane is a bright talent, but his arrival at Oakwell doesn't exactly fill me with worry as it still doesn't solve the fact that they couldn't buy a goal at the minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

SlowerThanPlatt

Pask stays then. Seems another season of being ‘too developed’ for the 23s but not good enough for the first team...

Users who are viewing this thread