Formula 1 2020 (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

That Mercedes must be the greatest f1 car ever made.

Fucking boring like

SkyBlueSoul

Amazing how quickly the Mercs drop everyone after that restart. Really looking forward to the battle from Leclerc down to Stroll!

SkyBlueSoul

1664500cb95b30fa8d983518d9818300.gif

Paul Anthony

So, its forecast hotter for next weekend and Pirelli are taking softer tyres. That could well end up in total chaos!

Saddlebrains

Fantastic race today, Max and red bull got that perfect. I genuinely feel max is the only one close to Lewis out there. Give him a Mercedes and i feel it could all change.

Honourable mention to Leclerc dragging that dog of a ferrari to places it shouldn't be. Alonsoesque that boy.

Odds on Vettel and ferrari parting ways sooner than planned? Feel for him, his heads gone

Saddlebrains

I'd love to see Lewis and Max in the same car.

Who would your money be on?

Closer than close but for me, Max. The things he has done in a car that isn't the best, in fact has been 3rd best until this year, scream Schumacher at Benetton and early ferrari for me.

hill83

Difficult to say. I think Max has got more of a mistake in him than Lewis at the moment. But I don't think I can call it either way.
Couple of years and it would be Max.

Paul Anthony

One thing I do hope we get to see is Max and Leclerc going at it for titles for many years to come. If the likes of Lando and George Russell can join in the act, then all the better.

I've never been Vettel's biggest fan. In fact, I couldn't stand him in that Red Bull, but I think the sooner he's out of Ferrari the better. If he's going to Racing Point/Aston Martin then I hope it lets him get his mojo back. The more drivers in competitive form, the better for the sport.

NorthernWisdom

Feels like Seb has already tapped out of F1 which is a real shame.
At his best he was right up there. Last season also struck me a bit like Hamilton was in his last season or two at McLaren, quick but with a careless mistake in him.

This season though, he seems to have given up completely! Really hope he does get back to some kind of form, as this is no way to end his career.

mark82

Difficult to say. I think Max has got more of a mistake in him than Lewis at the moment. But I don't think I can call it either way.
Couple of years and it would be Max.

My take on this is that when Lewis has a car with a near perfect setup, he's one of the best around. When he has something that's struggling, he seems to struggle.

So, both in the Mercedes I think Hamilton would win.
Both in a lesser car I think Verstappen would get more out of it.
In any scenario it'd be a bloody good battle.

mark82

One thing I do hope we get to see is Max and Leclerc going at it for titles for many years to come. If the likes of Lando and George Russell can join in the act, then all the better.

I've never been Vettel's biggest fan. In fact, I couldn't stand him in that Red Bull, but I think the sooner he's out of Ferrari the better. If he's going to Racing Point/Aston Martin then I hope it lets him get his mojo back. The more drivers in competitive form, the better for the sport.

Sounds like Merc tried to move Russell into the 2nd seat for next year, but Williams wouldn't let them out of the loan. Bottas then signed a 1 year extension. This smacks of Russell moving into the Mercedes seat as soon as his contract with Williams is up. Kids got so much potential.

If the new regs in 2022 even things up a little could make things really interesting. Some good young talent in F1 at the moment, and more coming through F2.

Paul Anthony

I don't know why, but every year they race at Spain I can't help but look at the old last 2 corners and think we need that back. More or less these cars would be flat through there with the downforce they have now. Wouldn't it put them closer together down the straight and give more overtaking?

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Yea the midfield fight is fantastic I agree completely.

Just as mentioned earlier the track doesn't help, becomes processional at times with the field spread

Users who are viewing this thread