Forgotten garbage... (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Ken Dulieu Steve Waggott, Joy Sepalla, Tim Fisher, Imre Ogre, Leonatd Brody all otherwise known as SISU

skybluesloyal83

christian negouai
Sebastian olzar
Neil wood
Runar normann
John gayle
Liam daish
Jairo martinez
Colin Hawkins
Che bunce
Wayne Andrews
Chris Birchall
Lee mills
Matt heath
Andy impey
Steve walsh
Khalilou fadiga
Arjan de zeeuw
Gary borrowdale
Paul hall
Dean holdsworth
Dean Gordon
Jamie mcmaster

procdoc

Ivan Guerrero
Keith O'Neill
Simon Howarth
Leon Barnett
Gary Borrowdale
Fadiga
Josh McQuoid
Runar Normann
Martin Johannsen
Darren Jackson
I could name more

kg82

Fadiga was good. I remember being impressed by him, he just couldn't play much because of lack of match fitness. But he always looked composed when he was on. Think he got an injury in the last game of the season that ended his career didn't he?

What was that player called we had on loan from Chelsea? Was it Sam something? Granted, he was a kid... But he was crap! Played 1 game.

I was going to say Runar Norman too - terrible player!

Juan Sara was too, but I'll always love him for that last minute equaliser at Forest!!

mechaishida

Sam Shilton was shite too, anyone remember seeing him 'try' and run? For a winger, he had no pace, no control and ran like he'd been jabbed with a cattle prod.

An old mate of mine, Chuck Eribenne, he came through the academy but fuck me, he was so shit that he ended up at Stalybridge or something. Then got the sack.

Moff

Sam Shilton was shite too, anyone remember seeing him 'try' and run? For a winger, he had no pace, no control and ran like he'd been jabbed with a cattle prod.

An old mate of mine, Chuck Eribenne, he came through the academy but fuck me, he was so shit that he ended up at Stalybridge or something. Then got the sack.

Bloody hell I remember him lumbering down the wing like a carthorse. If my memory is correct I think Strachan offered him a contract, but then on average he gave one out nearly every week to someone which is why we are in the financail shit we are in now, and Shilton turned it down. He obviously thought someone else would come in for him, but was sadly mistaken, as he was wank, and as you say ended up in the non leagues.

How is Chuck Eribenne? I knew his brother, good lads.

CJ_covblaze

He runs a football school somewhere in the Midlands. Seems like a decent guy when I've bumped into him.

mechaishida

Bloody hell I remember him lumbering down the wing like a carthorse. If my memory is correct I think Strachan offered him a contract, but then on average he gave one out nearly every week to someone which is why we are in the financail shit we are in now, and Shilton turned it down. He obviously thought someone else would come in for him, but was sadly mistaken, as he was wank, and as you say ended up in the non leagues.

The only contract I'd have offered Shilton would be as an auxiliary leaflet-distributor. I'm glad you saw his comedy 'winger' performances too, though.

I dunno how Chuck's doing these days, I haven't spoke to him for a good 5 years, but he was doing Sports Science or Physiotherapy at college last time we spoke. He just wasn't feeling any love for the game anymore, to which I told him he was too shit anyway. ;-)

They were a good family tbh, I lived on the same street as them for years - his eldest brother was fuckin' tall, that's all I recall about him.

CJ_covblaze

Too many to list. Raffaelle Nuzzo, Sebastian Olszar, Alex Evtushok, Kyle Lightbourne and Simon Haworth are all contenders though.

torchomatic

Agree. I don't think McQ and Nouble were as bad as people are making out. We've certainly had a lot worse.

Josh McQuoid was our top scorer for a while. I think Nouble was too. If not for their (few) early goals, maybe we would have been relegated. I'd rather forget Chuba Akpom.

torchomatic

Gavin Strachan. Mmm....I wonder why the club signed him...

CJ_covblaze

Agree. I don't think McQ and Nouble were as bad as people are making out. We've certainly had a lot worse.

McQuoid did score a few. My problem (I know I'm not alone) with Nouble was that he has talent but most of the time he couldn't be arsed and didn't look interested.

CJ_covblaze

Who else remembers Rafael Gonzalez Robles? Keeper we had maybe 8-10 years ago. Bizarrely despite turning up to every game and warming up he rarely made the bench even though there was no other sub keeper! I remember a group of us singing his name in the warm up away at Barnsley. He seemed genuinely surprised and chuffed that someone knew who he was.

mechaishida

Who else remembers Rafael Gonzalez Robles? Keeper we had maybe 8-10 years ago. Bizarrely despite turning up to every game and warming up he rarely made the bench even though there was no other sub keeper! I remember a group of us singing his name in the warm up away at Barnsley. He seemed genuinely surprised and chuffed that someone knew who he was.

Aye, lanky tall fella, I remember him.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Leigh Jenkinson yet. Fastest winger in the country at the time, allegedly...could barely get out of 2nd gear in a match, looked physically afraid of receiving the ball, and he was probably the worst crosser I've ever seen.

CJ_covblaze

Aye, lanky tall fella, I remember him.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Leigh Jenkinson yet. Fastest winger in the country at the time, allegedly...could barely get out of 2nd gear in a match, looked physically afraid of receiving the ball, and he was probably the worst crosser I've ever seen.

This one is much worse https://vine.co/v/OQVVj7xxudZ

Joy Division

Seen a few mentions for Simon Haworth here, bit harsh I think as I thought he always looked decent. Was pretty young and didn't get too many chances to impress with Dublin, Huckerby and Moldovan ahead of him, but always looked lively when he came on as sub. Think he went to Wigan after us and did well for them until he had a bad injury and retired at a pretty young age.

Users who are viewing this thread