Match Thread Forest Match Thread (3 Viewers)

stupot07

Grendal has a point, and it was one that a number of posters have made recently. Unfortunately the start of the season set the standards high, but since the fullham game we have slowly been dropping back down the league. Off like a rocket first 10 games then pretty average since then, lower midtable form.

Only next season will tell us whether this season has been progression or a missed opportunity. I do fear we will lose 2 of the Hamer, Gyokeres and O'Hare in the summer, and this season will be viewed as a missed opportunity, just like the Mowbray season, having to replace our best players rather than building on them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

No surprise tonight Forest are the form team in the division and I think have a good chance of catching Bournemouth.
For our part we can take our game to anybody but we obviously have issues that need addressing and we can, clever recruitment in the summer defensively and more goal threat easier said than done though.

Paxman II

The table never lies. Where we finish will most likely be our best league finish for more than a decade or so. I'd call that progress. What MR's has achieved the last few seasons I'd call progress.
The problem with Grendel (and it's what spoils him as an otherwise decent poster) is he just wants to argue for the sake of it.
Any genuine supporter will recognise the Sky Blues have done really well this season and regardless of investment levels. We should be thanking MR's and his team, and stop listening to the argumentative points made by a nihilistic poster who can't help himself, and likes to abuse people on the tappy tappy.

CCFC54321

Injured calf , might be okay for Sunday
I love godden as a player best finisher in the club but he doesn’t half miss an awful lot of games since being with us.

Before anyone mentioned his appendix i acknowledge that but his fitness record is slightly concerning?

Sky Blue Harry H

Not looked through all this thread, but from the Forest forum:

Re: Official Matchday 39 – Nottingham Forest vs Coventry; 6th Apr, 7:45pm

It's got to be said I thought Coventry looked really good especially in that first half. They doubled up on Spence and I think Dabo handled him better than anyone else I've seen this season. They were well organised (although Ironically the doubling up on Spence was the undoing for the first goal as they were overloaded on his side), they passed the ball well and you could see a clear gameplan. They are a well drilled side and just lack a proper striker, their finishing is what let's them down along with the odd blunder at the back.

One of the best sides to come to our place this season. Hope they build on it and have a good crack next season with a bit of investment to back Robins up.

Sky Blue Harry H

we are mid table due to the first 12 games you are deluded if you think this is now a mid table team

That's like saying if you ignored the middle/end of the season, Forest are a bottom of the table team. Means nothing if you just cherry pick bits of a season.

NorthernWisdom

That's like saying if you ignored the middle/end of the season, Forest are a bottom of the table team. Means nothing if you just cherry pick bits of a season.
I do, tbf, get the point about momentum. There's us with a fair few examples - Coleman's first full season, where we were close to the playoffs for the first 2/3 of it, dived horribly, and never got going the next season - Mowbray diving and the following season. In reverse, you could look at Leicester's end of season before they won the title.

But... we have played well in most games this season. The same as the join from last to this, we became more on the front foot and braver on the ball, it's obvious what we need to work on pre-season.

So I'm stilloptimistic we'll be alright next season too, although who goes and who replaces them will obviously count a lot towards that, as well.

Macca

Let’s switch this around. Let’s say we had a shocking first 2/3 of the season but then a dazzling purple patch for the final third and finished around where we are now. How many people would be saying that “on current form” we could challenge next year? Form and the direction of travel is as important to peoples hopes as pure league position

Home and Away!

Sometimes we are hard on our team .. we definitely aren't as bad as some will have you believe on here View attachment 24321
A few of their fans are saying similar..this was in an online paper i came across...

whatsagruffalo, derby, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago

Credit to Coventry tonight, they just need a striker. The only club to come to the City Ground and contain Spence. Forest didn't play at their best, but they've got incredible fitness levels, gives them a real edge.

Not all bad hey!!!

Hobo

I think last night was a perfect example of our strengths and weaknesses.

Lots of possession but the finall ball or shot lacks quality. Two things we don't do. We dont build pressure on defences with quality crosses and set pieces. Neither can we get just two chances and bang them both in against the run of play. Really good sides can do both.

Forest practically scored two goals with their first two chances. They were clinical, we weren't.

They also had more quality and experience on their bench than we did.

We have slipped down the table because we aren't quite good enough for the play offs, but I think we are progressing.

There is one team who usually comes from the middle of the pack to get in the play offs. That is often the team that wins the play offs because of the momentum they have as the team in form. I think we may have played that side last night.

We gave them a game, we matched them, at times we were better than them; but not when it really mattered.

shmmeee

I maintain it’s less quality and more quantity, we’ve got no one close to Fadz, Hamer, O’Hare or Gyok in style let alone ability.

slowpoke

I love godden as a player best finisher in the club but he doesn’t half miss an awful lot of games since being with us.

Before anyone mentioned his appendix i acknowledge that but his fitness record is slightly concerning?
He has been unlucky Before his appendicitis he had a rare foot injury which took ages to clear up, I don’t think Robins would have played two up front yesterday anyway but we’ll never know that.

Grendel

The table never lies. Where we finish will most likely be our best league finish for more than a decade or so. I'd call that progress. What MR's has achieved the last few seasons I'd call progress.
The problem with Grendel (and it's what spoils him as an otherwise decent poster) is he just wants to argue for the sake of it.
Any genuine supporter will recognise the Sky Blues have done really well this season and regardless of investment levels. We should be thanking MR's and his team, and stop listening to the argumentative points made by a nihilistic poster who can't help himself, and likes to abuse people on the tappy tappy.

last night you said this would our highest points tally in this league - highly doubt it

the season before relegation from league 1 we finished 8th

lifeskyblue

Thought we were ok for large periods of the game. We were let down as usual by our final third performance (especially first half). We negated much of Forests strengths (Dabo had good game) but we couldn’t maintain that as the game developed. Central defence was poor second half and allowed Davies to turn us, bully us and play his game. First goal bit of a calamity with Bidwell unable to get ball out from his feet and Moore falling/diving before he could smother.
The substitutions I agreed with at the time…but we never gave Tavares a ball to try and run the defence. Pointless bringing him on if we not going to play to his strengths. The Forest subs on the other hand got into the game and gave them renewed impetus. Yes the better team won, the team on a real roll, but it wasn’t a disaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

Fed up with people saying we lack the quality that other teams possess...Why because those players are paid more? Did we lack quality when we thrashed Fulham & Sheff Utd, or got a 2-2 draw at Bournemouth? We need extra bodies in the squad to deal with a 46 game season, and injuries that occur during the season, so we're not sticking Dabo or Sheaf at centre back. We are not far off, and Robins has shown he can improve our team / squad over time.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not expecting us to have a positive summer so I’m pretty apprehensive about next season

Yeah not looking good for next season, other teams will strengthen.

Cov kid 55

Last night was a microcosm of our season. On top and playing good football for the first 25 minutes, lack of composure in the final third and missed chances, followed by Forest scoring a pretty poor goal against the run of play. Second half the same, then we concede. We still had the odd chance after that, but failed to convert. We looked as good as Forest for much of the game, but they took their chances and we didn’t. Gyokeres needs to look up more when in possession in the box, he could have played Bidwell in during the second half, but took the difficult option and shot erratically. Did we miss McFadz‘s strength last night? Our centre halves couldn’t cope with their centre forward. Overall frustrating, we probably need 3 new strong players to move us to the next level, through the spine of the team. But, it’s been good to see a City team playing good football.

Gynnsthetonic

Player sales fairly inevitable and very little room in the budget to bring in new additions with Waghorn, Walker, Hilssner, Dacosta, Kelly still on the books for another year.

He's right it's not looking great at all.
We haven't finished the season yet lol. When the next season starts and we've sold everyone and bought nobody in then is the time to worry, let's see what the close season brings.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm seeing it everywhere, about how we are gonna sell our best players and sign fuck all etc. It might be true, and the finances, investment (lack of), and climate might point to that, but it is like things are being leaked from the club or something deliberately to prepare everyone. Really weird. There's a lot of doom and gloom around.

Frostie

We haven't finished the season yet lol. When the next season starts and we've sold everyone and bought nobody in then is the time to worry, let's see what the close season brings.

It was exactly the same last summer & was completely unfounded. Let's wait & see.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'm seeing it everywhere, about how we are gonna sell our best players and sign fuck all etc. It might be true, and the finances, investment (lack of), and climate might point to that, but it is like things are being leaked from the club or something deliberately to prepare everyone. Really weird. There's a lot of doom and gloom around.

I've never once said we'll sell all our players. I do believe one will go but I don't think further sales will be necessary.

The biggest issue Robins will have is being unable to move on most unwanted contracted players without having to come to an agreement or baring the brunt of their salaries whilst they're sent out on loan.

Robins has also alluded to the fact the training ground pitches are in need of relaying which will inevitably affect his budget as it all comes out of the same pot.

Users who are viewing this thread