Match Thread Forest (H) Tuesday, 7 pm KO (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Don't know what game some people were watching tbh, it was hardly a lucky break from Forest, they had a game plan and stuck to it and it worked. Got their lead early in the second half having threatened to do so from the moment they equalised and then were happy to sit on their advantage. Had clearly done their homework on us and knew we were more dangerous down the middle via O'Hare and Hamer so packed the box and forced us out wide. Admittedly some of DaCosta's crosses threatened them a bit more than they were likely expecting, but that was always their games plan. It's easy to look at the stats or just watch the last half an hour and say we dominated but it's always going to look that way when one team parks the bus after going ahead and in reality we only really created two meaningful chances in the second half, the Hamer shot which the keeper did well with and the Ostigard header.

mark82

Don't know what game some people were watching tbh, it was hardly a lucky break from Forest, they had a game plan and stuck to it and it worked. Got their lead early in the second half having threatened to do so from the moment they equalised and then were happy to sit on their advantage. Had clearly done their homework on us and knew we were more dangerous down the middle via O'Hare and Hamer so packed the box and forced us out wide. Admittedly some of DaCosta's crosses threatened them a bit more than they were likely expecting, but that was always their games plan. It's easy to look at the stats or just watch the last half an hour and say we dominated but it's always going to look that way when one team parks the bus after going ahead and in reality we only really created two meaningful chances in the second half, the Hamer shot which the keeper did well with and the Ostigard header.

It's always a lucky break when the ball goes in off a defender like that. Hardly what they'd planned to do.

Brighton Sky Blue

One shot on target all game tonight, 97th minute penalty gift at their place, it's outrageous they've won both games.

SeaSeeEffCee

It's always a lucky break when the ball goes in off a defender like that. Hardly what they'd planned to do.
No but they’d been the better side up until that point and looked more threatening. Impossible to say how they would have approached the second half had it not gone in.

rexo87

Maybe but we need 7 more wins from 19, it's a coin toss for me at this moment in time as we are shooting ourselves in the foot almost every game

That would take us to 51 and that’s without any draws. We probably need 5 wins and 5 draws rather than needing 7 wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

One shot on target all game tonight, 97th minute penalty gift at their place, it's outrageous they've won both games.
I thought we were better in the away game than we were tonight tbh. Like I said they completely surrendered possession as soon as they went 2-1. From our first goal until their second they were the better side and deserved to be ahead.

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought we were better in the away game than we were tonight tbh. Like I said they completely surrendered possession as soon as they went 2-1. From our first goal until their second they were the better side and deserved to be ahead.

Repeat, just one shot on target tonight. Marosi was barely tested.

ccfc92

Did 9 hours of work in 6.5 hours, plus drove back from Southampton for that... 🤦‍♂️ plus missed the goal 🤦‍♂️🤡🤣

Although my dash cam probably caught some language after Biamous goal 😳🤣

SkyBlue_Bear83

[/QUOTE]
First half you are correct, but there second was completely against the run of play at the time

cov donkey kick

The cutting edge in front of goal cost us again and forest had a game, plan that worked to perfection and that's it in the cold light of day. Did we deserve to win yes we did. But we didn't!

Brighton Sky Blue

The cutting edge in front of goal cost us again and forest had a game, plan that worked to perfection and that's it in the cold light of day. Did we deserve to win yes we did. But we didn't!

Second half they didn’t seem to have much of a plan just hope that we can’t take chances. Won’t get an easier 6 points all season for playing garbage

clint van damme

our injury list is horrendous.

it clearly isn't because I haven't been .
[/QUOTE]

giphy.gif

[/QUOTE]

probably won't have a drink Saturday either as it's a 12:30 kick off. I'm not sure watching these games sober is a good idea.

Grendel

Yeah, that's fair. I know exactly why we haven't won it. As well as Biamou took his goal there just wasn't instinct from anyone to get on the end of some of the good crosses in the second half.

The thing I don’t understand about him and Bakayoko is they just dont look like actual forwards in terms of movement or instinct. They rarely score “scruffy” goals - it’s some volley, overhead or long range hit - and that’s not really being out of their depth - it’s just not having forward thinking mindset

Grendel

He’s right though - we never really threatened them and once ahead they thought they could defend the game out

cov donkey kick

The thing I don’t understand about him and Bakayoko is they just dont look like actual forwards in terms of movement or instinct. They rarely score “scruffy” goals - it’s some volley, overhead or long range hit - and that’s not really being out of their depth - it’s just not having forward thinking mindset
I understand your piont, there the tools in the squad that are there.

Users who are viewing this thread