For the first time ever... (1 Viewer)

Grendel

how many leagues are Cov Utd off the conference ?

Its likely they will get promoted this season, what league do they go into ?

The same on as sphinx and copsewood.

Tank Top

For the first time I looked for Coventry United's result first. Could hardly believe I did this. (The won 3-1 in the Cup by the way). I am Sky Blue first and foremost, or thought I was. Shocked even myself today that I was more interested in United's result than Sky Blues.
At least United are ambitious, have a plan they are sticking to and have a structure in place for advancing through the pyramid. They are Coventry through and through.

VOR sits back and now awaits usual abuse.

I Agree, VOR.
The Stalwart Heart, of a good many supporters, is begining to beat a bit slower, having taken all the blows that it has over the last few years its not surprising.
A Big concern ,must be the fact that we are being made to look below average by sides below us in the League, or perhaps that's the Problem in general, WE ARE just a below average side, and look like one with increasingly Regularity.
It looks likely, that our Pitiful owners, will again stand by, rattling the small change in their trouser pockets, whilst we once again near the drop zone.

Neutral Fan

No they are 2 leagues below sphinx, and 1 below Copsewood. (http://www.midlandfootballleague.co.uk/league-tables.html).

According to Wiki the Midlands Combination covers tiers 10-12, so United are in the 12th Tier, the conference is the 5th tier so 7 promotions needed. Can't see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

AFC Wimbledon (everyone's favourite anti-franchise club) started in Level 9. Fan-owned, they've had 5 promotions and are back in the FL in Div 4 (just one below CCFC).

They seem to be on the verge of buying their own ground in their own Borough of Merton.

Remember, Winkie stiffed Wimbledon even worse than SISU have stiffed you. Perhaps the Trust should create formal links with AFC? If SISU try to permanently franchise you somewhere next time, you might benefit from their advice.

covmartin

The Non League system is commonly described as "steps" to keep it simple. The conference is step 1 of Non League.
As it stands:
Coventry Sphinx play at Step 5 (Midland League Premier)
Both Coventry Copsewood and Alvis Sporting play at Step 6 (Midland League Division 1)
Coventry United play at Step 7 (Midland League Division 2)
Coventry Sphinx play at their own ground on Sphinx Drive and are currently mid table
Copsewood play at their ground on Allard Way and are currently mid table
Alvis play at Green Lane but are temporarily ground sharing in Southam (due to floodlight issues) and are struggling near the bottom of the table
Cov United play at the Higgs Centre on Allard Way. They are top of their division but should they gain promotion they will have to organise a ground share for next season to meet league requirements such as floodlighting, spectator facilities etc

AndreasB

For the first time I looked for Coventry United's result first. Could hardly believe I did this. (The won 3-1 in the Cup by the way). I am Sky Blue first and foremost, or thought I was. Shocked even myself today that I was more interested in United's result than Sky Blues.
At least United are ambitious, have a plan they are sticking to and have a structure in place for advancing through the pyramid. They are Coventry through and through.

VOR sits back and now awaits usual abuse.

Well you are a cock then.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick.....Come on mate. SISU have declined "The Formula" on at least 3 times of offering. Then finally they offered £2.8m with conditions attached, where Wasps offered £2.77m with NO conditions. They have always tried to get the Ricoh on the "Cheap" SISU had the opportunity to own the Stadium but "Butt F**cked" themselves. Bad business sense from SISU, and Argument provoking from you . ;)

Sky Blue Kid

It's been proven that nobody would buy ACL at the formula price, and with lease as given then. SISU have been proven quite right in not taking up that option.
Point taken NW. Looking at the last SISU "Offer" Which of the two offers "SISU" or "Wasps" would you have taken? If it has taken you longer than a "Nanosecond" to answer, then I would question your own logicality. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Point taken NW. Looking at the last SISU "Offer" Which of the two offers "SISU" or "Wasps" would you have taken? If it has taken you longer than a "Nanosecond" to answer, then I would question your own logicality. ;)

Are you forgetting the Wasps veto also?

Do you know any of the conditions or anything?

As for the "formula", how much was that for the Higgs share?

M&B Stand

AFC Wimbledon (everyone's favourite anti-franchise club) started in Level 9. Fan-owned, they've had 5 promotions and are back in the FL in Div 4 (just one below CCFC).

They seem to be on the verge of buying their own ground in their own Borough of Merton.

Remember, Winkie stiffed Wimbledon even worse than SISU have stiffed you. Perhaps the Trust should create formal links with AFC? If SISU try to permanently franchise you somewhere next time, you might benefit from their advice.

The difference between step 9 and 12 is massive.
Cov Utd won't walk it next season the standard goes up steeply as you go up the leagues.
Do they pay players at Cov Utd? No other team in that division does to my knowledge, it's average Sunday league standard.

Sky Blue Kid

Are you forgetting the Wasps veto also? Do you know any of the conditions or anything? As for the "formula", how much was that for the Higgs share?
There's nothing like a lazy bugger that doesn't do any research is there Nick! Firstly, at the takeover of the Club the "Formula price" was estimated at £8-10m which has reduced as time past.(Last one I believe was approx £4-6m) Secondly, Fisher himself offered £2.8m with various conditions, one of which was disclosure of details of CCC/ACL/Higgs defence of the JR. Thirdly, If any "Veto" by Wasps was factual, it wasn't used because CCC/ACL/Higgs have got a business brain and turned down flat SISU's condition riddled offer.....That good enough for you?

J

Jack Griffin

The difference between step 9 and 12 is massive.
Cov Utd won't walk it next season the standard goes up steeply as you go up the leagues.
Do they pay players at Cov Utd? No other team in that division does to my knowledge, it's average Sunday league standard.

Of course it gets harder, but as teams rise up the leagues players come in and players go. What matters is that you have a competitive team for the league you are in.
So far Cov Utd have been very successful at the level they have been at, although they haven't been going 2 seasons yet, so it is a shortish track record!

M&B Stand

Of course it gets harder, but as teams rise up the leagues players come in and players go. What matters is that you have a competitive team for the league you are in.
So far Cov Utd have been very successful at the level they have been at, although they haven't been going 2 seasons yet, so it is a shortish track record!

You can't really judge anything in the division they're in now when it's just Sunday league lads who also play Saturdays. When it comes to paying players further up the pyramid who are on contract it's a different story, as Cov utd will find out if they ever get that far.

Nick

Administrator
There's nothing like a lazy bugger that doesn't do any research is there Nick! Firstly, at the takeover of the Club the "Formula price" was estimated at £8-10m which has reduced as time past.(Last one I believe was approx £4-6m) Secondly, Fisher himself offered £2.8m with various conditions, one of which was disclosure of details of CCC/ACL/Higgs defence of the JR. Thirdly, If any "Veto" by Wasps was factual, it wasn't used because CCC/ACL/Higgs have got a business brain and turned down flat SISU's condition riddled offer.....That good enough for you?

Have you got the link about the conditions? Not saying you are wrong, just haven't seen it.

skybluetony176

Well you are a cock then.

The only cock here is the one that would rather name call fans that feel detached from their club after supporting it for years if not decades rather than acknowledge the reasons why they're feeling detached from the club that they've supported for years and decades.

YOU COCK!

Sky Blue Kid

Have you got the link about the conditions? Not saying you are wrong, just haven't seen it.
Snippet taken from the "Guardian".................. Coventry’s owners, Sisu, had tried to buy the charity’s stake but their bid was rejected. “The trustees, having considered the conditional offer from the Joint Liquidators of CCFC Ltd, have decided to reject that offer,” confirmed a statement from Alan Edward Higgs Charity. Coventry confirmed an offer made for the charity’s stake was around £2.8m and they will continue to pursue their plans for a new stadium. A club statement read: “Naturally, the club are extremely disappointed. Our proposal was for a far-reaching partnership with the Higgs Charity to work together on community projects. Advertisement “Despite the fact access to critical documentation was denied, the liquidator’s offer for the charity’s 50% stake in the Ricoh Arena was generous and guaranteed above market value price.

stupot07

Snippet taken from the "Guardian".................. Coventry’s owners, Sisu, had tried to buy the charity’s stake but their bid was rejected. “The trustees, having considered the conditional offer from the Joint Liquidators of CCFC Ltd, have decided to reject that offer,” confirmed a statement from Alan Edward Higgs Charity. Coventry confirmed an offer made for the charity’s stake was around £2.8m and they will continue to pursue their plans for a new stadium. A club statement read: “Naturally, the club are extremely disappointed. Our proposal was for a far-reaching partnership with the Higgs Charity to work together on community projects. Advertisement “Despite the fact access to critical documentation was denied, the liquidator’s offer for the charity’s 50% stake in the Ricoh Arena was generous and guaranteed above market value price.

It doesn't say what the conditions are though does it? I guess the critical documentation requested was for due diligence, access to them was rejected but they still put in a bid.

IIRC the conditions were about ccfc wanting to work with Higgs on community engagement and charitable causes, which should have been in Higgs interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

IIRC the conditions were about ccfc wanting to work with Higgs on community engagement and charitable causes, which should have been in Higgs interests

Should have been in Higgs interests except as soon as SISU proposed it Higgs suddenly decided they weren't interested in sport anymore and were focusing on the arts instead!

Nick

Administrator

So where does it say what the conditions were about the JR stuff?

Grendel

With regards to the OP I find it somewhat difficult to believe that someone of such long standing support for the club would look to see how some pub side did first.

Gazolba

The Non League system is commonly described as "steps" to keep it simple. The conference is step 1 of Non League.
As it stands:
Coventry Sphinx play at Step 5 (Midland League Premier)
Both Coventry Copsewood and Alvis Sporting play at Step 6 (Midland League Division 1)
Coventry United play at Step 7 (Midland League Division 2)
Many non-league clubs merge to further their ambitions. How about this scenario. Coventry United get promoted to Midland Premier and then Sphinx and United merge to form Coventry Sphinx United.

Sky Blue Kid

"The liquidator has declined our request, in the interests of transparency, to publish the full details of the offer." Read more: Coventry City bid to own Ricoh with Wasps rejected | Coventry Observer........................................Hmmmmmmm I wonder why?

hill83

Nice one voice of reason. Fill your boots. Why are you telling us on coventry city forum? Attention seeking?

Sky Blue Kid

Some people are very quick to attack posts without doing any research themselves. Just a couple of points here, 1) How can a company in the last throws of liquidation with no more than £1m in assets over a period of 3-4 years make an offer of nearly £3m? 2) Why would CCFC ltd not give reasons for conditions in order to show transparency?....I think we all know why don't we?

Nick

Administrator
Some people are very quick to attack posts without doing any research themselves. Just a couple of points here, 1) How can a company in the last throws of liquidation with no more than £1m in assets over a period of 3-4 years make an offer of nearly £3m? 2) Why would CCFC ltd not give reasons for conditions in order to show transparency?....I think we all know why don't we?
So where does it say the conditions? Nobody is attacking anything,you go on about people , research and being lazy but not share a link to that yet

covmark

You can do all the research you want. You still haven't found what the conditions were. Wasted your time putting up irrelevant links to random articles.

italiahorse

If there is money in the Company, or some money coming into the Company from somewhere, don't those owed money get first call ?

italiahorse

Commercial confidentiality :)

I thought TF said the details of the Sisu offer.
At the same time as he said the offer was nearly £2.8M.
Incidentally IMHO it was £2.77M but a some have picked up the gauntlet and battled with the higher offer being rejected.

Rusty Trombone

Is there any evidence that CCFC Ltd made an offer? Higgs statement when explaining their decision to go with Wasps says that Otium bid, rather than the company with the option, CCFC Ltd.

Users who are viewing this thread