For the first time ever... (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

For the first time I looked for Coventry United's result first. Could hardly believe I did this. (The won 3-1 in the Cup by the way). I am Sky Blue first and foremost, or thought I was. Shocked even myself today that I was more interested in United's result than Sky Blues.
At least United are ambitious, have a plan they are sticking to and have a structure in place for advancing through the pyramid. They are Coventry through and through.

VOR sits back and now awaits usual abuse.

SkyBlueRuffian

I'm with you there, i have a mate who's involved with Cov Utd and has spoke to me at length of their ambition, plans and most of all the financial backing.
I honestly believe if the ownership of City does not change asap, then Utd will become a bigger force.

D

Deleted member 4439

For the first time I looked for Coventry United's result first. Could hardly believe I did this. (The won 3-1 in the Cup by the way). I am Sky Blue first and foremost, or thought I was. Shocked even myself today that I was more interested in United's result than Sky Blues.
At least United are ambitious, have a plan they are sticking to and have a structure in place for advancing through the pyramid. They are Coventry through and through.

VOR sits back and now awaits usual abuse.

Should be promoted again this year. It's not outside the realms of possibility that as CCFC move towards the lower end (and perhaps out of the league) the fan base might turn in their favour. Can't see it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

How did Spinx and Copsewood get on today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Fuck the vultures!

If you ditch ccfc for anyone, it should be sphinx!
Not some opportunistic Johnny come lately vultures.

Goodnight

Grendel

The other Ricoh team won tonight setting up a winner takes all match next week in front of 20,000+ crowd.

On a day if more misery for CCFC fans only a twat like you would post that.

wingy

Wrong thread geniTalia
Isnt there a sticky or other sports?

Edit ;- predictive playing up here
I've no doubt It may catch on

Last edited:

Neutral Fan

The other Ricoh team won tonight setting up a winner takes all match next week in front of 20,000+ crowd.
Clearly CCFC have a poor team and are owned by a useless bunch but they are still a team that represent their city and have a proud history.

RFC Franchise are a plastic nothing club playing about 100 miles from where London is (the clue is in their name).

Nothing can ever change that.

italiahorse

On a day if more misery for CCFC fans only a twat like you would post that.

I'm a fan as well, I'm miserable but life goes on.
If you can get over the Ricoh loss you can enjoy something there. It changes nothing now for us and CCFC.
It rubs salt in your wounds though after Sisu and you said the Ricoh was a waste of space and slagged people who said differently.
Up Yours !!

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm a fan as well, I'm miserable but life goes on.
If you can get over the Ricoh loss you can enjoy something there. It changes nothing now for us and CCFC.
It rubs salt in your wounds though after Sisu and you said the Ricoh was a waste of space and slagged people who said differently.
Up Yours !!

Give it a few years when the rent agreement is up for renewal and we have no alternative, then try the 'it doesn't change anything for CCFC' line.

italiahorse

Give it a few years when the rent agreement is up for renewal and we have no alternative, then try the 'it doesn't change anything for CCFC' line.

Nows the time to talk when Wasps are uncertain.
Buy hey, Sisu are in court using CCFC's money for what ?
The sooner people face the situation the quicker we move on.

letsallsingtogether

We will be paying rent in our new all singing and dancing ground by then, hope The owners rent it to us at a reasonable rate

RFC

Sorry but all these personal insults are pathetic. Please try and grow up, have a civilised debate whilst stating your opinion.

Some of the posts on here are little more than pathetic!

Brighton Sky Blue

Nows the time to talk when Wasps are uncertain.
Buy hey, Sisu are in court using CCFC's money for what ?
The sooner people face the situation the quicker we move on.

I have said many times that we need to strike while the iron is hot and that the club's total inaction over both that and a new ground is a major cause for concern. One thing is pretty certain though, SISU's task of selling the club at a profit has become about 10x harder with their failure to acquire the Ricoh. Those celebrating this failure might do well to consider that.

hill83

Sorry but all these personal insults are pathetic. Please try and grow up, have a civilised debate whilst stating your opinion.

Some of the posts on here are little more than pathetic!

You smell in my opinion. And you've got bent toes.

italiahorse

I have said many times that we need to strike while the iron is hot and that the club's total inaction over both that and a new ground is a major cause for concern. One thing is pretty certain though, SISU's task of selling the club at a profit has become about 10x harder with their failure to acquire the Ricoh. Those celebrating this failure might do well to consider that.

So let them cut their losses.
They have no other plan so this is now the top of their cycle.
People will never ever forgive them so do us all a favour and put it up for sale.
Sometimes you gamble and sometimes you have to accept you've lost.

letsallsingtogether

Do you think Derek Richardson will let us rent the Wasps' Nest at a reasonable rate?

Didn't Tim say that we are so I guess you've answered your own question.

After all don't wasps need rent from us to pay for their ground?
Well so will the owners/builders of our new ground.

Brighton Sky Blue

So let them cut their losses.
They have no other plan so this is now the top of their cycle.
People will never ever forgive them so do us all a favour and put it up for sale.
Sometimes you gamble and sometimes you have to accept you've lost.

I agree that their persistence here defies all common sense and that a lot of their actions since buying the club can fall under that bracket. However the task of finding a buyer will be much harder when the product being sold is a club on 4 figure attendances in League 1 which rents off a rugby club. A new owner must either forge a deal with Wasps or go through the enormous hassle of building a new stadium in Coventry. Who is going to want to spend their money on either?

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn't Tim say that we are so I guess you've answered your own question.

After all don't wasps need rent from us to pay for their ground?
Well so will the owners/builders of our new ground.

I'm not talking about the present deal but the one we will need to reach when it expires. Richardson is cut from the same cloth as Sepalla, we will be charged to the hilt.

mark82

How did Spinx and Copsewood get on today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sphinx drew. Copsewood won 2-0.

No issue with Cov United. They are no threat to City, hope they do well. Glad of any local side doing well.

covkid69

Some of my posts on here are little more than pathetic!

corrected it for you....pot kettle

rupert_bear

SISU's failure as you put it to acquire the Ricoh is a product of their own doing, they were offered a stud poker hand to bid for the Higgs shares with almost all of the cards visable, knew exactly how much to pay, they declined and as you said made selling the club a lot more difficult.

Nick

Administrator
SISU's failure as you put it to acquire the Ricoh is a product of their own doing, they were offered a stud poker hand to bid for the Higgs shares with almost all of the cards visable, knew exactly how much to pay, they declined and as you said made selling the club a lot more difficult.
When was the stud poker hand?

ccfcway

how many leagues are Cov Utd off the conference ?

Its likely they will get promoted this season, what league do they go into ?

Users who are viewing this thread